Yoshitsune Ayako

Re: (D3 EM) Tai Tea

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:53 pm
"But dreams? Where this madness is from? Anythin' can happen there." She tosses back the rest of her tea. "Hmph...past time I warded the tents too. I'll get them set up after breakfast...scoot your tent toward it if you're farther out. It doesn't stop nightmares, but it'll phase a wolf with black blood."
"That sounds like a great idea. I''ll be sure to move my tent closer," Ayako promised. "How will I recognize the wards? I don't want to kick one over by accident."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:37 pm
snip
Tai grins. "Askin' the right questions there. Movin' them will break the ward, so they'll be up on some small stone cairns. Maybe knee high, and I'll keep 'em near a tent rope or stake since we're already used to not trippin' over those. The Ward's anchored to a design painted on a stone restin' at the top."

"And good job noticin' the healer bein' weird too." Whatever her worries about being enough, Tai thought she'd shaped up into a very competent member of the clan.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:09 pm
"And good job noticin' the healer bein' weird too." Whatever her worries about being enough, Tai thought she'd shaped up into a very competent member of the clan.
"This whole village is a bit weird," Ayako complained. "I mean, there are some nice parts about it; some of the people have been nice. But the whole place ... the festival .... the dreams ... it's all very weird."

"Thanks for listening to me and my problems, though," she said. "It's getting hard to tell what's really a problem and what's ... um ... the normal amount of weirdness."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:47 pm
snip
Tai grins. "I'd be pretty disappointed if you didn't notice how weird it is. But I think...assume all of it's a problem, better to investigate and find out it's nothin' than let your guard down against somethin' actually dangerous, neh? The villagers...well, I don't know as anyone could live in this fog, next to the forgetting river, in the forest you can't escape and not be weird. Even if they manage to remain nice."

"Don't know if I'm hopin' to get to the fight that's comin' and just get this over with, or I'd like more time so we can figure out what's goin' on here so we're better prepared." She sighs. "But you're always welcome to talk...and get tea or mendin' done."
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description