Hiruma Naraku

Re: Relaxation before the storm [Day 2, MM]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"You know of the Nezumi, I assume? Is it true that the Nezumi are immune to the taint of Jigoku?" Naraku looked at Sora. "There is this niggling doubt on why would a place that is connected to Name Magic researchers be of interest for the enemy. I can not make the connection."

He sighs

"Most likely because I'm not half as smart as I think I am. Though at least I know how to sleep."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm on a friendly basis with their ruler and have sent my son to stay with them, so yes, I have some familiarity."

He was definitely amused.

"They are indeed completely immune to Jigoku's touch. Apparently, it's because the Name of their race is too strong for Jigoku to alter it. So the interest makes a great deal of sense to me."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"A few of the villagers are descendants of the Isawa, most likely those same Isawa that studied Name Magic..."

"Do you know what are the telltale signs of Name Magic? Are there even any?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm not much of an expert on magic of any sort, but in general, Name magic seems less... flashy than the elemental sort."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Great, so we are back at the starting line," he laughs and takes another sip. "I will be keeping an eye regarding this. I might not find anything and I might be wrong, but st least I will stay alert, just in case."

"You know, you're actually not as dour as I had imagined. One could almost describe you as affable," he let a chuckle

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I have oodles of charm when I want to. Can't you tell?"

He grimaced.

"And I've mellowed more than somewhat over the last two decades."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He stared at the embers, the flames all but snuffed out.

"With age comes wisdom... and buckets of charm I guess."

He raises

"I won't take more of your time and I will use what you told me Jizo-san. It is a lot but I think," he smiles "It might be a good thread to pull."

/scene?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Have to start somewhere, just be careful what you end up unraveling..."

[/Scene, and thank you!]

Carries: