Ryoshun Nao

Re: Almost There [D0, Afternoon]

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:30 pm
Hikaru leaned in, listening to Makime as she spoke. His expression didn't change as she imparted her wisdom, such as it was. Ah, the sarcasm and ability to disregard things of older age. Hikaru turned, walking onward.

"May I ask after your sister, Ryoshun-sama?" Hikaru asked. "I met Ryoshun Rei-sama some years ago," very memorably, "-and we've spoken a few times since." He cast her a quick glance. "In fact, I believe you and I have met before. I've visited your court several times, once to meet Lord Kakita before he travelled to Crane lands."
She looked up at him, studying him for a few moments. Then, she suddenly turned away. "Oh yes. You were the one who approached her regarding Doji-obasan that winter. I remember your visits. it is good to see you."

Hikaru would recall that Nao had frequently disappeared after formally greeting visitors. Running off on her own was not a new habit. The longest she had spent in his presence was when he would tell stories about Crane lands.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Ayano is aware of such things, I am sure." Makime replied without turning around. She paused again and look back, this time past the others.

"..." After a moment she started walking again. "This fog...I feel I like it less and less the further we go."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji let out a small chuckle. "Oh, that explains so much of Father's behavior, neh?" He straigthened, gently touching Nao's shoulders.

She's not that young, I don't need to hold her hand...presumebly.

"Anyway, Shinsei mentioned me and well..." he fell silent. "I'll let you in on a little secret too. It is nice to take a break from screaming children. Even though I adore them. Oh, and the smells....heavens and starts, the smells..." Shaking his hand, he did raise his straw cloak slightly. "Let me know if you feel cold Nao-chan, happy to lend you this. I presume you have a tent and a sleeping roll, too? Someplace to stay?"

Glancing back towards Akito, he pondered quietly, and gave a small gesture of his head towards Nao. Perhaps the silent plea of protection will be regarded. Perhaps not. His cousin was whimsical, like a cat.
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:38 pm
"Ayano is aware of such things, I am sure." Makime replied without turning around. She paused again and look back, this time past the others.

"..." After a moment she started walking again. "This fog...I feel I like it less and less the further we go."
Satsuki smirked behind Makime, keeping her thoughts quiet for now, but she would write this down in a letter to Ayano. It had been a while since she saw the Lion girl.

Her attention returned to their surroundings and the grip on the hat in her hands tightened a little. "The fog... it will lift the closer we get to the village, right?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:46 pm
Her attention returned to their surroundings and the grip on the hat in her hands tightened a little. "The fog... it will lift the closer we get to the village, right?"
Makime looked at the Dragon after Satsuki had asked her question.

"..."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Togashi Satsuki

"Right...?" Her tone was lower now, uncertain given the lack of response from Makime. Please tell me she's just trying to spook me now.

The young Dragon laughed, a touch nervously. "You're just trying to spook me now."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Air and Water, suspended above Earth, without Fire." Nao said. "It's like a cloud, Satsuki-chan. Like we're flying."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Normal fog might be as such, Ryoshun," Makime didn't respond to Satsuki's nervous question, "But this does not seem...normal. Regardless the village is just ahead and even covered in the fog it will be better then in open here."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

"I've seen fog like this before." Hikaru put in suddenly. Tension was visible in the lines of his shoulders. "Or... something like it, anyway. A village. A renegade Crane was there. He-"

Firmly, Hikaru pressed his lips together. Taking a deep breath, he glanced back over his shoulder at the others. "It may be my imagination." He said, managing a reassuring almost-smile. "I am no expert on fog."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

"Here I thought the Crane only made experts, eh?" Satsuki said with a grin, trying to lighten the mood a little. No need for her spooked feelings to get out of control and rub onto others!

"Surely there were several lessons on the ephemeral properties of fog and mist?"
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru's chin tilted upwards. "In fact, there were." The corners of his lips twitched as he struggled not to return her smile, only partially succeeding. "What sort of paint mix to mimic its qualities, techniques for painting something partially transparent. If I were challenged to paint this fog, I think I might do an adequate job, at least."

He shook his head, white lock almost seeming to dance briefly. "But I am not. Aren't there spirits who make fog, for mischief? I can almost recall a story about them..." Hikaru's expression was innocently thoughtful.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I'm sure there are." Nao agreed. "But, fog can be mischievous in itself. Kind of like shadows. We see things hiding in them. Or, we may see only what we put there are selves."

Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

"We see things in shadows because sometimes there are things in shadows." Makime added, not looking back, "It's a survival skill that has kept us alive even before the Kami's descent."

Togashi Satsuki

"Hmmm..." the current topic was a little spooky, to be sure, so there had to be something else to turn it towards. "Lady Makime," Satsuki kept the tone light-hearted (and probably frivolous according to some), "you met many of our parents back in the day, at the tournament, right? What were they like back then?"
Theme | Profile

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Larger than life," Makime paused to get her bearings in the fog, "Hopping I have some embarrassing story about your father that your parents are hiding from you?"

Togashi Satsuki

"I'd be surprised if there were embarrassing stories of my dad, since he's always so quiet and serious. Mom might have some," she laughed warmly. "But maybe uncle Hantei, or auntie Kinsen or auntie Nazo. Or other fun stories the others wouldn't normally share from that time."
Theme | Profile

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Agreed." Nao smiled. "To hear story from before our time would be invaluable, so that we may keep it and pass on."

Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Ah well I have one," Makime continued forward, "Tell me do you know of the Emperor's favorite stray, Jiyo Sora."

Togashi Satsuki

She grinned. "Of course I know that old goat uncle Sora. He's visited plenty of times, as he and mom are good friends."

Oh, a story of Sora was always going to be good. Though she suspected Makime would leave out all the cursewords.
Theme | Profile

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao's smile turned into a wide grin. "His stories in particular can be very entertaining."

Accompanied By| San