Hisomu Reo

[D2 ME] The Aftermath

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo has heard of the strange creatures. While he himself was not quick enough to make it in time, he limps there in the aftermath to glean what he can.

He tries to pick at whatever tainted corpses he can, trying to piece together anything unique or special that marks these are different from Shadowlands beasts.

[Lore Anatomy or Corruption?]
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Nanzi Ai

Re: [D2 ME] The Aftermath

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai had come to investigate as well.

OOC: Lore Corruption + Yumenosenshi technique | 6k3+8 ⇒ 42
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

After having helped to make sure there were no civilians alive left in the area, Satsuki joined the others in investigating the scene of battle.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku stands next to the abomination's corpse, the bodies of several smaller wolves near. He appears mostly unharmed, although his right leg is bleeding profusely, the result of a little love bite by one of the wolves. He whips his sword clean, a mixture of a green iridiscent liquid and ichor flinged away, and sheathes his sword.

Nobody had died, neither villager nor samurai, and that was something that pleased Naraku immensely.

D2 ME | Lore: Corruption | -3 from wound penalties | 8k4-3 ⇒ 27
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Without knowing the person that this creature once was, it was hard to tell if it had the most glaring difference - their changes being inspired by their own hopes and fears.

That said, there were none of the strange nonsequiter changes that the former Nezumi Capital's environs tended to inflict; no surprise tentacles. This mutation was a coherent concept, which certainly suggested Yume-Jigoku's corruption rather than simply Jigoku.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki followed behind some of the others, keeping an eye on them as they worked. Seeing their weariness from wounds and fatigue, she made sure to control her breath to match theirs; first Reo, then Nakaru. Once she had done so, she found that tiny connection through the Void that tied all living beings together, and channeled with a breath a fragment of the Void's power to them.

--------

D2 ME Meditation/Void as a Complex Action to activate Kiho (To The Last Breath). For Reo | 6k3 ⇒ 33 (TN: 15) +1 Void regained for Reo.

D2 ME Meditation/Void as a Complex Action to activate Kiho (To The Last Breath). For Nakaru | 6k3 ⇒ 36 (TN: 15) + 1 Void regained for Nakaru.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku got a second wind from Satsuki's strange gestures, feeling some of his strength returning to him. He turned to Satsuki and surprisingly smiled at the Dragon.

"Thank you, but there are others that need it more," he lied, still feeling conflicted about receiving praise and not scorn. He gathered his composure and looked towards the village. "The village? Were there more attacks? Or was it just this?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"This seems to be it, Son of Hiruma," she replied.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He sighed with relief and turned towards the corpses.

"Minions of the Harbinger. Their mutations were too clean, too precise, to be solely the work of Jigoku," he motioned to the big wolf. "This one was the pack leader but the 'little' ones had little to envy him in terms of ferocity."

Togashi Satsuki

"Don't worry about it, Naraku. Everyone needs to restore their spirits these days," she assured him kindly.

Her focus easily returned to the situation at hand. "We should burn the remains to avoid any contamination, yes?" she asked, looking to the experts. In other words, the other three.
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Agreed, pile the corpses up, be sure not to come into contact with any bodily fluids; prepare a fire and burn them completely. I agree with Hiruma-sama, the changes of the creature lack the random nature of Jigoku… this was perhaps a creature or person who had anger and envy and maybe wolf-like nature?” she said.

She already started the grisly process of piling the corpses.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku lowered his eyes, his face still betraying his confusion and embarrassment, when Satsuki offered him kind words. "Thank you"

He turned to Ai and rubbed his chin. "Okami," he stated recalling some folk tales. "Some tales told in the past that wolves were the messengers of Tengoku, sent to inform the mortals of the word of the Heavens," he furrowed his frown. "I would put it past the Harbinger to use this as a mockery of Heavens."

He looked at the smaller wolves "The person might have been lonely. Desperate to have contact. Friends. Perhaps the Harbinger used this and corrupted him, giving him a pack that would never desert him," he sighs. "The wolves did not run after this one died, they stood their ground and wept, launching themselves with reckless abandon."

"I don't think there is much to be gained studying this one Hisomu-san," he looked at the Spider, inferring his intentions. "We should burn them and conduct a ritual to purify this place. We can not risk having the farmlands corrupted by Jigoku or else our efforts will be in vain. The villagers can not afford to be without food during the winter."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"I agree with the burning. That was Shadowlands protocol"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Basic protocol with all Corruption for now until we learn something different," she added.

"Hisomu-sama, you were apart of the Rescue of your Champion, anything here look familiar? Or perhaps we have overlooked?"

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Mostly confirming what Naraku has said: the mutations are clearly unnatural, but they are not random. They are cohesive and directed. Who did so... I can't say but it does not look random"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Yume-Jigoku did this, this is more common with dream corruption, the Corruption seeks to help humanity realize their most potent forms," she responded.

Togashi Satsuki

"So, the corruption of Jigoku is normally more... random, with a mix of traits on the person. But if Yume-Jigoku wants to help someone realise a specific vision or dream," she thought about it out loud as the dead things were moved into a pile, "yeah, it makes sense that it's more like a fully realised idea of some sort."

As all were agreed on burning the remains, Satsuki would do her duty once they had kindling prepared. The glint of golden-hued blood was briefly visible in the palm of her hand before it formed into a firey orb that blazed with intense heat as the Dragon woman directed it at the unclean bodies.

----------

D2 ME Aftermath. Casting Fires From Within to burn corpse-pile. +1k0 from Dutiful Disciple. | 7k4 ⇒ 26 (TN: 15)

(2 Wounds taken, currently 7 Wounds taken)
Theme | Profile