Canary

House Raising! Part 2 (LA, D5)

Post by Canary »

With everyone working together, things are down to refining by the late afternoon. Smoothing wood, replacing old or moldy thatch, and generally making the houses better than new.

The kids in town have moved on to playing tag.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Re: House Raising! Part 2 (LA, D5)

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai arrived ready to do work, she pulled back her sleeves and put her long white hair in twin buns. It was time to get down to business and defeat the Huns? I mean build the homes.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara was still there, still working. She found it liberating to just get out and do something.

Seeing the Crane, she was somewhat surprised, the woman had seemed more... artistic, than to carry logs about.

Clearly, Yukara needed to adjust her expectations.

"Glad to see you here, Nanzi-Sanma. I am certain you will help to inspire the workforce."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"That is kind to say, for they are inspiring me with their resilience," she said warmly as she helped with lifting and heavy work.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Indeed, it is amazing the will of life to continue."

Yukara was hauling bundles over her shoulder, relying on her legs to make up for the missing arm strength. "I am curious - does your training often include such heavy work? I struck you as one better versed in finesse."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“While not the norm, physical ability is still prized among the Crane, but a soldier no matter the field still needs a strong arm,” she said warmly.

“But honestly for this kind of work one just needs the will to do labor.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"You are correct in that." Yukara chuckled. "It is... refreshing... to build something. To have something worthwhile to show when your labor is done."

As opposed to a field of dismembered and cooling corpses.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"As samurai we called to better the Realm, this is our Duty," she replied warmly. "I am just glad that we are aiding these people and bettering their lives."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I had heard it was a duty to defend, though I suppose this could also be a part of that."

Yukara gestured at the rooves. "Protection from the elements is arguably a form of defense."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Parents defend their children, is this any different?" she responded with a smile. "Not all things are so literal."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Hmm."

Yukara sighed.

"I guess I am still learning what is literal and what is... artistic, you might say."

Hoisting a wooden plank, she began to carry it across the field. "Sometimes the two seem to blend together."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"You had that little contact with people?" She asked.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"With people who lived this modern life? Yes."

Yukara sighed, setting down the plank for a moment. "I met many people scrabbling for scraps. People fighting and killing for the castoffs of civilized folks. It has been my duty to protect those I can... and cull those beyond saving. Construction was not my... experience. Neither was art."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Maybe you should experience a little more of the civilized world, it might give you appreciation of what you are fighting for," she responded.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I hope to, when all is done."

Yukara smiled faintly. "Now that I know how much there is to see."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"It is an expansive realm, many parts still unexplored if that is your wont," she responded.