Ryoshun Nao

Re: I Mist You (D1, LE Open)

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She was quiet for a long moment, mulling over what to say. She had been indirect about it with Sarsuki and had not told anyone else here. After Rei had returned from court that winter, she had warned Nao to keep her ability secret. She was afraid it might make her a target. But, if she was going to use it while she was here, she had to tell someone.

"When the Harbinger first appeared and we learned the nature of the threat it represented, mom and I traveled into Yume Do to see how badly it had been corrupted." She finally said. "The effects of Jigoku were already evident. I haven't gone back since mom left. I was too young to go on my own. Maybe I still am."

"But, they will come for us in our dreams. We need to be prepared for that." she added. "Any current information regarding Yume Do would help."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“So you’re going to wander into the enemy’s domain… alone… with no means of support…” A crestfallen expression bursted out from every part of Han-Hei’s body.

“I don’t know how great of an idea that is Nao-chan… There’s scouting and then there’s… suicide missions…”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I know." she admitted. "But, I don't think there's anyone else here that can do it. And, I think it needs to be done. I know I can be stubborn and foolish, but I've been thinking about this for awhile. I don't think I could be one of those champions. If the village is attacked here, in Ningendo, I may be able to help, but there are better defenders here. I can do this, though."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“So… if you’re gonna do it…” She started.

“How do we do it smart?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I don't know." She answered. "There are wards that can protect my body, but they don't extend into other realms. My main concern, if something happens to me, is that someone knows why. It's very likely they'll attack us from Yume Do. The main question is how soon. If I don't return with an answer, then it's already begun."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She looked intently at her young cousin, “I’m really gonna need you to come back if at all possible Nao… Scouting is so much more useful if the scout is able to relay the information. You not coming back… doesn’t help us all that much.”

She slowed her cadence, “Make… sure… you… make… it… back.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I will." she said. "That's the worse case scenario. I'll find my way back, I promise."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She nodded, “I believe you…”

She then added, “I believe in you, too.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Once I come back, I'll need to explain things to everyone else." she said. "Hopefully, they'll listen."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You do what you promised… and I will make sure that they listen…” She replied.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Thank you." she smiled. "Have I told you that your my favorite?"

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Probably because I’m a pushover for overly precocious free-spirited cousins who should have more sense.” She replied with a smile.

“Bats of a feather… Well… Bats are birds, right?”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"What else would they be? Bugs?" she laughed. "Agasha would correct us, I'm sure."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You make sure you ask her when you get out of here.” She replied with a smile.

“After she calms down a bit of course.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Of all of my siblings, she's probably the least concerned." she shook her head. "After doing all of that traveling with mom, she went off to do more on her own. She even went on that expedition to free uncle Hisomu."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I doubt that would make her any less concerned… She probably knows a bit of the danger that you are in.” She replied.

“Jiyo Sora is the biggest worrywart I’ve met… and all he does is put himself in harm’s way…”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I'm sure she's worried. I just think she'll be more understanding than Rei or Chusu." she explained. "I've avoided Sora's notice so far. Fortunately, he has someone I'm sure he's much more focused on."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“He’s got a number of things to be focused on… It’d be a good idea not to get fixated on me.” She said with a smirk.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I'm sure we'll all be distracted by other matters soon enough." she nodded. "There will be much to do. Once we figure out what we're doing."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I don’t expect the enemy will wait long indeed.” She replied with a nod.