Hisomu Tadaka

Re: Into the wilds [D3 MA] (Expecting)

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"This place is likely influenced by dreams. A boat not making sense may not matter. Just what someone can dream of." Goju shrugs. He considers the possibility of the scroll being of harm. But thinking was never his strong suit.

Lore; Corruption | 4k2 ⇒ 12
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai gave the scroll a look, to see if anything stood out or matched anything she knew about the Corruption.

OOC: The scroll is Cursed! Lore Corruption | 6k3+8 ⇒ 39
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:18 pm
"A boat? That... seems weird up here, yeah?" The river hadn't seemed that big to her.

To Naraku, she shook her head. "Not that I know of." As the jade didn't seem to react to the scroll, Satsuki carefully reached out to examine the scroll. Maybe it had any seals or other markings to identify?
Not that she can find. It's not even properly on a central rod, it's essentially just a rolled up piece of parchment tied with string.
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:38 pm
snip
Nothing even unusual about it, and definitely nothing corrupt.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou continues to watch the group's backtrail.

He makes damned sure to look at the roof of the cave from time to time. He's jumped down onto things often enough, he knows it happens.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku looked at the people around him, gauging for any reaction. Seeing that there seemed to be no issue he breathed deeply and opened the scroll.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

The scroll says:
12 Rooster, 29
Looks like there's something that keeps her busy at times. I don't have long without being watched anymore, but it's something.

They were working on something to stem the flow. The same principles should hold true even with the influence from Jigoku. I'm going to try and work out the method.

8 Boar, 29
Four anchors in the four cardinal directions, corresponding to the ideas of the directional animals. Ideas of protection are still tied to them even now, so the anchors will hopefully be able to draw on those dreams.

I wish someone smarter than me could do this.

2 Hare, 30
I've run into a dead end. I just can't figure out how the anchors need to be put together from how little information is left. Less time alone now, too. I wish I knew a shugenja.

The Festival ended today. Exactly one year. I think she knows, so... this is probably it.

25 Goat, 30
I think dying is like a lot of things - it's better if you don't know, so the anticipation can't eat away at you. It also gives you a deadline, though.

I have to do my best.

15 Rat, 30
I can't use this place anymore. She came back when I was heading out of the woods, and asked what I'd been doing while she was away. I told her I was gathering dreamstone for the festival. I think she believed me.

I'll hide this here, just in case. Maybe someone else can put together the last pieces.
The second page is a rough diagram that it's hard to make heads or tails of just now. It may be ciphered.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki eyed the scroll with some caution. Some of it seemed maybe familiar to her, but she wasn't sure.

"We should bring this back to camp. I want to research this diagram more closely. But as Ai said, we shouldn't linger here too long."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku read the scroll, frowned, and pocketed the scroll.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Hearing the words of his colleagues and glancing at the cave roof one more time to forestall any surprises from that quarter, Akutou will return to the cave mouth and survey the surroundings.

Wouldn't do for all of them to spring a trap, now, would it? And he's clearly the most expendable of the bunch.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Canary

Post by Canary »

There's nothing waiting for them outside the cave.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou will advance a few paces from the cave mouth and kneel, reducing his profile as he covers others' exit.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

As the coast seemed clear, judging from Akuto's movements, Satsuki was ready to follow once they got the go ahead from Naraku.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"We will study this scroll back at camp. It seems to be a diary of sorts," he indicated as he started heading to the mouth of the cave.