Shiba Kumori

I Mist You (D1, LE Open)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei stood on the edge of the forest as the sky darkened after the sun fell beyond the western horizon…

The mists had already spoken to her today… The festival still raged on behind her in the village… She sought a moment of solitude in the midst of these things to try and get a grip on this growing sense of dread.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Shiba Kumori

Re: I Mist You (D1, LE Open)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Walking a few steps into the wood and towards the mist that had dispersed into the areas beyond the village in the evening hours... Han-Hei found a log which had long since fallen on its side and sat down.

There were times in her travels that she found the mask she wore to be of great help... She'd gotten used to it over the years. But now, for whatever reason, it felt stifling at times. It was a different life than she had known... one that she had enjoyed more than milling around back home.

Her father's advisors had always mused how she and each of her sisters were like a different element... They had said she was like water. Fluid, adaptive... strong... but most pure when on the move.

Now at this point on her journey... She wondered how she had come this far... and where did the river finally run its course? Did she make a difference as she journeyed through the land?

She pulled at the cord which kept her mask in place and pulled until it released from her head.

Oddly... in this moment. Her thoughts flowed towards home... with the hope that someone back there would understand...

She knew they would... well... all but one.

And for some reason that one was the only face she could remember.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I like the mask." a familiar voice said. Nao was approaching from the village. San, of course, was with her.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She turned at the voice and offered her cousin a soft smile.

She held the mask in her hands and turned it over.

“I didn’t wear it much up in Bat lands… But it’s been a staple of mine for a while now.”

She extended out towards her cousin.

“Wanna try it on?”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She smiled. "Sure. It might be a bit big."

She accepted the mask and tried it on. It fit fairly well, sliding slightly when she looked down at San.

"It's very nice. But, I think it suits you more." she looked back up at her cousin.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“We could get you a nice pig mask if you’d like. Mine honors my childhood pets…” She smiled down at the pig.

“And you seem to have a loyal one here.”

She then looked over at her cousin.

“But… really… What are ya doing here Nao-chan? You’re so young…”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Everyone says that. But, I don't think Yume-Jigoku cares." she said. "I'm here for the story. Whether I am to be a part of it or simply bear witness to it. Everything that happens here should be recorded. Regardless of their fates, everyone here should be remembered."

"Besides." she shrugged. "With mom helping dad in Meido, I'm one of the few in the Empire that can keep watch for the enemy."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She looked at the young… child really… and that morose feeling of family love that was so fresh in her mind pulled at her heart strings.

“I don’t doubt your usefulness cousin…” She replied.

“I guess I just bemoan the conditions that require you to be here.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I don't like that you're here either. Or Satsuki. Or Ai. Or Genji. Or any of our family." she sighed. "But, it is our duty, isn't it? The children of the Kami should be here to defend their Empire."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

At least the rest of us are full-grown…

“It is so, cousin… We cannot let it go to ruin so swiftly.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Exactly. It's too soon for the story to end." she smiled. "Especially in this weird village."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Does your sister know you’re here?” She asked.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"By now? Probably." she shrugged. "Rei's been pretty busy, but the Void would probably tell her. Agasha almost certainly knows."

"What about yours?"

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“No… I learned long ago that if you tell people where you are going… They’ll stop you. But if you just go, then you get to go.” She replied.

“Looks like you know that lesson as well.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Yeah, well your family is going to send a lot more people after you then mine will me." she grinned. "Which is somewhat reassuring, actually."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“That’s not how they normally operate with me dear cousin. I’m not sure you should feel so reassured.” She replied.

“It’s us here and now. And from what I hear of this forest… It looks like it’ll only be us.”
Last edited by Shiba Kumori on Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Then we'll have to be enough." she sighed. "I'm going to do some scouting tonight. Get an idea of how bad it is."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Scouting?” She asked.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"To see if the enemy will assault us tonight." she said. "And, to see if there's any way I can impede them."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“What does that scouting look like Nao?” She gave her cousin a skeptical side-glance.