Hantei Genji

[D2 EE] Cousin It

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji was stepping slowly in the forest, eyes keenly open for someone he was waiting to meet. Having someone else's perspective, a different one, on the whole village would be helpful. He let out a sigh, his shine dimming,as he started to find his way in the forest...only to end up in the village.

Huh.
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Hantei Akito

Re: [D2 EE] Cousin It

Post by Hantei Akito »

Akito pops out from behind a tree. "Why did you turn around over there? I was tempted to pounce."
Stag Clan * Bushi * Tall * Friendly

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji smiled, and stretched out a hand to poke at his...cousin? "Well, that is why I did it. Also, it feels like this forest is well...strange. What do you think? What do you think of the whole village? And sleep? How are you sleeping?"

He started walking in slow circles, almost in a stalking manner, like trying to catch a scent somewhere.

Hantei Akito

Post by Hantei Akito »

He sticks out his tongue and pokes back. "You always ruin my fun."

At the question, he looks thoughtful. "It smells weird. And something feels... hmm... melty. I've been sleeping okay, though."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

"My sister says the same thing. And my daughter. And my mother on occasion." He shrugs. "I'm just mean that way. Meltie? How...does meltie even feel?" He started walking towards what he conceived as the middle of the woods. "C'mon, let's see what happens."

Hantei Akito

Post by Hantei Akito »

Akito giggles at that. "Genji, professional spoilsport."

"As to melty... I don't know how to describe it. Like Wu-sama's cheese when it gets hot."

He trotted along beside him to investigate the phenomenon.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hantei Akito wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:15 am
Akito giggles at that. "Genji, professional spoilsport."

"As to melty... I don't know how to describe it. Like Wu-sama's cheese when it gets hot."

He trotted along beside him to investigate the phenomenon.
Genji let out a slow sigh. "Well, I have not tired the cheese yet, so I guess it's not helpful. What's your opinion on the villagers? They seem like an odd bunch, I guess." He continued walking forward and...seemed to end up on a familiar path? "Huh, I'm pretty sure that is not where we started."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Meanwhile, Reiko Ohta was out in the forest, trying to make the most of the last fading light. The fact she'd forgotten to bring any herbs, bandages, or remedies on her trip almost stung, like the thought of leaving a candle burning at home while one is away. True, she typically didn't need such a thing on a usual trip. But this was hardly a usual trip, now was it.

To be fair to herself, she couldn't have known what to expect. But the motto of the Seekers was to always look ahead, and she would rectify her mistake.

The Hantei trotting along on their steeds were easy enough to spot from a distance. They seemed to be looking for something, but Ohta guessed it had nothing to do with her or what she'd been out here looking for herself. For now she made no sound to interrupt them... but neither did she hide. If they were out on business, she wanted to be visible, but not to be an interruption. She had enough on her hands with the lack of sleep and the work ahead of her.
-----------------------------------------------

(crafting a Medicine Kit from the wilds, TN25 with penalty - roll=34. Ingredients gathered.)
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hantei Akito

Post by Hantei Akito »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:29 pm
Genji let out a slow sigh. "Well, I have not tired the cheese yet, so I guess it's not helpful. What's your opinion on the villagers? They seem like an odd bunch, I guess." He continued walking forward and...seemed to end up on a familiar path? "Huh, I'm pretty sure that is not where we started."
Akito's sharp eyes looked around. "We're... about 46 shaku* from where we started. There's also a Reiko over there now."

[OOC: *50 feet]