Kaijarisuigyo

D3LA In need of a ride (Open)

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Kai's mobility had been greatly hindered since the lost of Tiger's legs and, more recently, of the horse she had obtained from her horse teacher. This was an issue that required solving for you couldn't win any battle you arrived too late for.

Logic would have had for her to negotiate in some stable for some good enough nag.

The legend asked of her to go on a quest for a mount who could leave an impression in dreams and stories on its own right.

---

Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Kai

Re: D3LA In need of a ride (Open)

Post by Kai »

Kai was starting to be fond of the forest as seem to him a quiet place to let his frustration out. He walked alone on this journey and seem that his path will always be a lonely one. He noted Kai that seem to be looking for something but what. He move towards the girl silently and whispered. "What are you looking for?"
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Hello.

A mount. As for which mount, I'll know as soon as I'll have found it. A tiger or a lion would be unsubtle yet efficient in their symbolism. Way too up north to find an elephant. Maybe some flying creature from the mountains? The sky was never my domain, but I know many strange and wonderful things inhabit it.

But maybe I have already found what I am looking for? You wouldn't happen to be a shapeshifter by chance?"
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Kai

Post by Kai »

Kai shook his head no. "I am no shape-shifter but I play what my master wants me to be. I am Kai, amateur traveling artist, hunter of trade."
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I happen to be a Kai too. Well, more exactly, Jugemu Gokō-no Surikire Kaijarisuigyo Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu. But Kai is more practical. Once known as the White Tiger of the West. Or just Tiger for short.

An artist of the wave then? I don't really have anything of great value to pay you with. But, if you could play an enchanting tune to attract a worthy mount, I would appreciate it greatly."

Kai

Post by Kai »

"I doubt I have such magical powers. And your name is quite long." He moved down to the ground to see if he found foot prints of such cat. "let me see if I can find you something." Kai yawned.

//D3 LA Hunting perception to find a forest cat fatigued 2 TN ? | 7k4 ⇒ 31
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Gods having felt from heavens. Nightmares slipping into the physical realm. So many prodigies, good, bad, both, having happened over the course of the last years. And still you people put arbitrary limits on what you can or cannot do.

Have you ever tried to make music so good it could charm a heavenly beast? If not, why not?

There's strength to be found in such a dream, even if you are unable to fulfill it in your lifetime. Eons ago, monkeys tried to reach for the moon. They never succeeded, but in their efforts they learned to walk on two legs to get closer from it, and here we are now."

Kai

Post by Kai »

"Sometimes I wonder what would be if the gods haven't fallen." He thought about his teacher and shook his head as small yawn came to his mouth. "If you truly wish to hear a melody played by me I will comply. What can I lose?" He stood up and took out his flute. "Any request beside the call of the wild?"
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Tiger does not tell Spider how to weave silk. In others words, you are the musician, and I defer to your musical expertise about what would be most appropriate for this time, place, audience."

Kai

Post by Kai »

"Very well... I will let the wind choose my notes." He placed the flute on his lips and closed his eyes. The melody very simple which the hope that he would let the wild come.

//D3 LA Perfom: Flute Agi to call the wild fatigued 2 Fluff 1 raise to sound pretty | 6k4 ⇒ 30
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:16 am
"I doubt I have such magical powers. And your name is quite long." He moved down to the ground to see if he found foot prints of such cat. "let me see if I can find you something." Kai yawned.

//D3 LA Hunting perception to find a forest cat fatigued 2 TN ? | 7k4 ⇒ 31
Sadly, it seems there aren't much in the way of tigers in this area of the forest.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Well, the music was nice at least.

I'm left wondering if the issue is not with it, but with that what seems to be the absence or close enough of any natural beast strolling these woods. Just how cut off from the rest of the mortal realm is this place really? Will we need to claw our way out?"

Kai

Post by Kai »

"Thank you..." He bowed. "I think we are not too far from the realm.... This fog seem to make us live in Yume-do... but... I doubt it." He sighed.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"It's... possible it's something like that actually. Us being on a small island within Yumedo, isolated from the main body of the realm by the fog acting as the sea keeping us apart."

She looked at the sky.

"Not sure how we could check that theory however. You wouldn't know of a song that would make small birds descend this time? Just to check if they can only peep and cheep like mortal birds, and if they can speak like dream birds."

Kai

Post by Kai »

"Sadly no song to call out birds." He looked up and got a silly idea. "Let's move to a clearing and watch the clouds... it may be useful if they have the perfect shapes we imagine... perhaps we are in Yume Do."
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Good idea."

As they moved:

"I used to jump from cloud to cloud actually. Far quicker than walking on land, and far far quicker than struggling through a forest like this one.

Only works in Yume-Do however I believe. In Ningen-Do, clouds tend to simply be water."

Kai

Post by Kai »

"I know little about the other realms. I trust you are a realm hopper." Kai smirked. "Clouds made of other things besides water sounds odd."

//sorry for the delay.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I'm not actually sure what clouds are made of in the realm of dreams. I'm not sure things are really made of anything in the realm of dreams, unlike in this world where there are made of four elements. They just are. And have physical properties without parallel to this realm. Clouds solid enough to walk on them. Trees frail enough to be uprooted by blowing on them. Whatever the story needs them to do.

My experience so far is that people are either completely closed to the idea of me being anything but a deranged human, or on the contrary almost unfazed by the concept of an incarnated spirit. Depends on how spiritual they themselves are I guess?"

---

No issue.