Hisomu Reo

[D2 LM] To the test (Expecting)

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo limps back, checking the snare that he had set the night before. An animal trial would be most useful, if he had caught something

"Let's see"
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:08 pm
Regardless of the result, Reo will try to set a snare to catch a rabbit or other small mammal.

"Worst case, something to add to the cook pot"

MN set a snare to catch a small animal | 3k2 ⇒ 33
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Reiko Ohta

Re: [D2 LM] To the test (Expecting)

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Following close behind was a short woman with a stack of parchment on a thin wood board, a piece of charcoal held in a thumb, "So you WERE out here last night. I was told it would be a bad idea to be out here setting things up."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Oh? Who told you that?" There are bags beneath her teacher's eyes. "I'm not saying that they were wrong, but my mind was racing. One the Crab, Naraku, he knows more about poisons that even I do. He made something interesting. And a...variant came to mind."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"An Imperial."

Ohta left it at that. She'd been trying to meditate all morning, up until being called out here, and she felt a little bit better at least.

"But a variant of what this Crab made then?"
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Ask him about it if you like. He showed me the steps, and I can show you, but he would would probably prefer to know that you've been informed. To sum up, it a poison to afflict those affected by Taint. Essentially by taking jade and making it absorbed by the body. I followed the steps, but used the water from this river...and dreamstone.

Assuming that the trap has caught something, Reo will try to administer the potion he had made the night before to the animal. A small dose, to test its effectiveness on another mammal.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"A poison... WITH the river water here? That's not something I would expect. Do you have some sort of theory or something, Hisomu-sama?"

Ohta would help how she could with the trap... and the animal of course. Not that she didn't think Reo couldn't handle it on his own, but traps and squirmy animals ALWAYS benefitted from an extra set of eyes and hands.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Multiple hypothesis. One is confirming that Dreamstone has corruptive properties. Two is about the river itself"

Reo motions to it. "Villages say that the river makes people lose their memories. But I suspect it's something more. It dissolved Dreamstone like it was nothing. I suspect that it is either due to corruption itself, reversing something memory on a spiritual level of breaking down things to the origin of existence."

"Third is if Dreamstone has harm creature with Taunt like jade or if it empowers them"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Fair. And what would you like me to do, sensei?"

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Hold the animal still while I administer. Then, observe"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

That actually got a small exhale, though whether of amusement or of resignation, it might be hard to tell. She held the hare still though, plenty strong and knowledgeable about animals despite her somewhat sheltered appearance.

"That much I can certainly handle. ...I wonder if the animals drinking the river water have side effects themselves. Though it's not like I can tell if this one would have any or not. Or if they've drank from the stream as opposed to other sources."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"If it's just erasing their memories, would they remember?"

Reo pauses as he dips a tool into his concoction. "Oh and be ready to kill this thing if it gets away"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"If it..." she gripped it tighter, "Mf, gets away from me. I'm not sure... I'll be in any position to catch or shoot it immediately you know. But I've handled much more slippery animals than some hare you know. You shouldn't worry."

She smiled very lightly, "As to the side effects of the water, how much do you actually know? How far back does the memory loss go? Does it have any other effects? Do you lose more time the more you drink? Those aren't the kind of things I would want answered with another person trying them."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

As Ohta listened, she watched the concoction go down the hare's mouth, holding it open with one hand while her other arm firmly held the poor thing's hind legs to it's stomach.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo slips the potion into the Rabbits mouth

Canary

Post by Canary »

The hare struggles, but it swallows. It kept trying to get out, then slowly starts to relax in Ohta's hands, looking around in apparent confusion.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:32 am
The hare struggles, but it swallows. It kept trying to get out, then slowly starts to relax in Ohta's hands, looking around in apparent confusion.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:29 am
Reo slips the potion into the Rabbits mouth
Ohta holds on... then looks up at Reo curiously as the hare relaxes. She lightly pets it as she holds it closer, "Well... I'd say it's effected already, Hisomu-sama."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 am
Ohta holds on... then looks up at Reo curiously as the hare relaxes. She lightly pets it as she holds it closer, "Well... I'd say it's effected already, Hisomu-sama."
The animal seems fairly out of it as it rubs against Ohta when she pets it. Its fur is smooth and soft, though, and it's warm.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"It's disoriented...but not showing signs of Taint" Reo looks back over to the river. "If that's the case, I don't think the river itself is a source of Taint. But...it's something"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I think there's more to it than simple disorientation. But yes, you're right; I don't think it's anything beyond memory loss. Not that I can one-hundred percent tell with an animal like this, but clearly it doesn't remember us, the experiment, or how it got here."