Jiyo Sora

Re: Going the Long Way [D0 EA, open]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora chuckled.

"For my part, just answering an old friend's call. Mind you, he never calls for anything that isn't tooth-grindingly difficult, but that's life."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"They must be a good friend, to deserve such devotion," she responded warmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:10 am
Sora chuckled.

"For my part, just answering an old friend's call. Mind you, he never calls for anything that isn't tooth-grindingly difficult, but that's life."
"We might have the same friend. Does your friend happen to get himself into trouble often?"
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:16 am
"They must be a good friend, to deserve such devotion," she responded warmly.
"He's a jerk. So yes."
Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:18 am
"We might have the same friend. Does your friend happen to get himself into trouble often?"
"In the worst way."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai was unsure of how to reply to that so she just nodded. Either it was a term of endearment or this was a very complicated situationship.

She had an inkling of who they were suggesting at least.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:36 am
"In the worst way."
Ukyou sighed. "He's such a pain. But what are friends for, but to pull your rear end out of the fire when you need it?" He shrugs with a half smile.

He looked to Ai and Wu. "Did whispers of Thunder call the two of you, or did you have a different reason?"

Played by GM Canary

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:48 am
Ukyou sighed. "He's such a pain. But what are friends for, but to pull your rear end out of the fire when you need it?" He shrugs with a half smile.
"I don't know anyone like that..." Kichi observed with a slight smirk.
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ukyou wrote:

He looked to Ai and Wu. "Did whispers of Thunder call the two of you, or did you have a different reason?"
Ai gave this question some thought and then said with confidence, “My honored father spoke to me of this, the matter of the wheel the battle between good and evil and those who would play a pivotal role he used the term Thunder.”

“It was a story he told to us many times when growing up.” She affected deeper voice trying to add a masculine quality to it and said, “Father swears this tale is true, he was there on the way to the forsaken pit of Hell, when a creature masking itself as the silly charlatan tried to murder a young girl of the Spider clan, claiming she was a Thunder or some such.”

She continued her tale, “But your Father was two times too quick, and struck the creature down, so quick was his blade. Devil Eyed Sora and others were present when we learned of this Thunder matter… those destined to save us all from Evil. Surely my children were destined to play such a role, for thou are two times blessed.”

She paused and regained her composure and spoke in her normal voice, “I never gave it much thought really but I feel now the pull of the Heavens, and I feel I need to be here, perhaps if only to witness those that will play this role.”

In truth she felt in her heart, she felt the flash of heat and the Thunder ripping through her soul. But to say as much would be far too presumptuous. Instead she preened with humility and a smile.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Ukyou wrote:

Zhe was not sure if the talk of thunder was a reference to something or a metaphor. He knew of the events of Hisomu's rescue but Ai's recount of the events did not seem to match.

''Well I don't know about those thunders you are all talking about but I know that when dark clouds gathers for too long a storm will follow. Plenty of thunder to be had then''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora's tone was dry.

"The thing got away, actually. We were all pretty pissed off about that. But he's right that it called Matsu a Thunder and tried to get at her. We complicated its life a bit- I stomped down what felt like half the damn tents in the camp trying to flush it out, but Old Man Yamadono did most of the hitting."

He paused. Grinned at Zhe.

"Wu-sama was most forgiving about my sandal-prints all over his tent."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Dead or not it was defeated and stopped from the task, but it says much about the patience and tenacity of Yume-Jigoku," she said kindly.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:02 am
Zhe was not sure if the talk of thunder was a reference to something or a metaphor. He knew of the events of Hisomu's rescue but Ai's recount of the events did not seem to match.

''Well I don't know about those thunders you are all talking about but I know that when dark clouds gathers for too long a storm will follow. Plenty of thunder to be had then''
Ukyou looked amused. "That's a fact, and no doubt. We've had five years of gathering. Now we'll either have a storm or see the clouds dissipate into a clear new day under the gaze of Doji-sama's inimitable grandmother."
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am
"Dead or not it was defeated and stopped from the task, but it says much about the patience and tenacity of Yume-Jigoku," she said kindly.
"At least the original. These last few years have shown its dreams to be at least as stubborn." He rubbed his chin. "It's different than either realm on its own. Makes the Nezumi term for the realm and its effects even more appropriate."

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“We have a great deal of work ahead, our dreams are under assault, our people corrupted,” she said grimly.

“This storm will not just go away on it’s own, the Wheel demands an accounting before it can turn.”

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Have you people eaten lunch yet? The village is not far but this is not a bad place or time to break bread if there is need.'' Zhe piped in

Seeing how the impromptu group intended on travelling towards the same destination but were now taking a pause to discuss destiny and such

''Fate is a matter best discussed with a content stomach...Like most things, I think. I have plenty of provisions to share''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai turned her gaze to the ranking samurai, in this case Jiyo Sora, decorum and etiquette mattered in her world.

When in doubt pass the koku to the Imperial.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora... shrugged.

"Doubt we'll hash it all out here on the roadside, but no sense wandering into a village with an empty stomach. 'Sides. I have fond recollections of Wu-san's cheese."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Chee... cheesu?" she questioned.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:17 pm
Sora... shrugged.

"Doubt we'll hash it all out here on the roadside, but no sense wandering into a village with an empty stomach. 'Sides. I have fond recollections of Wu-san's cheese."
Ukyou's head actually perks up and he tilts it, eyes sharp and interested. "Cheese? Cheese? I like cheese. That's a wonderful idea, Wu-sama."

Played by GM Canary

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Kichi sighed. "Please forgive him. He forgets his manners sometimes."
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Kichi wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:06 pm
Kichi sighed. "Please forgive him. He forgets his manners sometimes."
"I'm sure he's trying his best," she preened.