Wu Zhe

Re: Going the Long Way [D0 EA, open]

Post by Wu Zhe »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:25 pm
"Chee... cheesu?" she questioned.
Lord Hida bursting out of the woods, in the nude, streaking across the river yelling Quack, quack, I am a little duck while flapping his arms would not have elicited in Wu Zhe the blunt shock of Ai's comment

It was Ukyou's timely intervention that brought him back from the brink. He laughed

''An amateur of cheese? Wonderful! I am always glad to share some.'' he replied, beaming ''I'll go get my pots then, in the meantime can someone start a cooking fire? Oh! and are there any dietary restrictions I should be aware of?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:28 pm
"I'm sure he's trying his best," she preened.
"He is," he sighed. "In fairness, he very wise about the things he's wise about. Etiquette just isn't one of them."
Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:01 pm
"Oh! and are there any dietary restrictions I should be aware of?''
"We don't eat meat or fish. That's all."
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:01 pm
Lord Hida bursting out of the woods, in the nude, streaking across the river yelling Quack, quack, I am a little duck while flapping his arms would not have elicited in Wu Zhe the blunt shock of Ai's comment

It was Ukyou's timely intervention that brought him back from the brink. He laughed

''An amateur of cheese? Wonderful! I am always glad to share some.'' he replied, beaming ''I'll go get my pots then, in the meantime can someone start a cooking fire? Oh! and are there any dietary restrictions I should be aware of?''
"Is chee-cheesu... some kind of tribal artform?" she added still confused.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"It's hard to explain," he mused. "But it's basically a milk product, but solidified and salted."

He bumped the taller one's leg. "Don't get cheeky just because you're pretty. You're still my student."
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:10 pm
"It's hard to explain," he mused. "But it's basically a milk product, but solidified and salted."

He bumped the taller one's leg. "Don't get cheeky just because you're pretty. You're still my student."
She nearly committed a mortal sin of Crane-ology by frowning visibly, but the preen was strong. She responded, “That sounds interesting, I would be honored to try this cheesu.”

“Is this some Dragon creation?”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Wu Zhe took note of that and nodded

''I can manage something without meat and have no fish anyway.''

He slapped his hands

''Allright! I'll go fetch the pots and ingredients'' but before actually doing so he answered Ai's question ''No, not dragon. It's something my tribe always did and most of the people who lives with the Wu either had similar traditions or picked it up eventually.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

The Crane samurai was curious and gave the Dragon space to do their work, but close enough to assist if needed.

But would only do so, if asked as to not offend.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon came back with a few bags hauled over a shoulder and two pots. After a quick check he seemed satisfied.

''Dragonfire stew it will be. You are in luck, I still have some edible roots.'' He checked around for a good place to make a fire ''Could I importune anyone to make fire while I break the hardcakes and prepare the vegetable?''

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"I don't mind," the monk gets up, gathering the appropriate wood. Meanwhile, Kuchi clears off the spot so they don't start a brush fire... not that it's likely in the wet weather.

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai assisted the monks with the fire, "So do either of you know the Little Teacher, Shinsei-sama, I only know of him through my father. I get the impression they were not the best of acquaintances."

"He is a monk... or wise man such as yourselves, or so I've heard."

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"We're friends," Ukyou replied with a smile. "I'm here to help if he needs it. Hopefully I'll only be observing."

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:22 pm
"We're friends," Ukyou replied with a smile. "I'm here to help if he needs it. Hopefully I'll only be observing."
"Destiny provides once more," she said warmly. "Your friend as well Kichi-san?"
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:28 pm
"Destiny provides once more," she said warmly. "Your friend as well Ukyou-san?"
"... We didn't meet under the best of circumstances. So, I wouldn't say we're friends," Kichi said, looking distant. "Following his teachings through Ukyou-sensei has been an unexpected change."

Played by GM Canary

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"You've been a good student, though," Ukyou added.

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Is it proper to ask how you came to be a monk? I know little about such a life or what it entails," she offered.

She looked at both of them and added, "You both seem rather young."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"They do seem that way, don't they?"

Sora, who totally would have gotten the fire going if his player had been awake, had been rummaging around in his bag for stew ingredients.

"But even monks have to start somewhere."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Meanwhile Wu Zhe got three odd looking squares, presumably the hard cakes, from one of the pack and put them in a smaller cloth bag. He proceeded to install in a semi-flat stone and, another stone in hand, smash them.

Tok, tok, crack!

The cakes began to crumble after the third strike but he continued several more times to get smaller pieces

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"I guess I'm not old," Kichi agreed. "This one's old as dirt, though. His smooth skin makes him look young."

"As far as that goes... I'm supposed to treat this as a new life. Which is for the best, I think, as much as I might like otherwise."

Played by GM Canary

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"I prefer to think that I have aged gracefully while still retaining the energy of youth," Ukyou replied primly.

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Must be all the meditation'' commented, letting the hard cakes pieces soak and turning to the roots