Hisomu Tadaka

In Need of a Monk [D1, EE Expecting]

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju waited by a place waiting for the monk to hopefully show up.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nozomi

Re: In Need of a Monk [D1, EE Expecting]

Post by Nozomi »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:04 am
Goju waited by a place waiting for the monk to hopefully show up.
Nozomi was prompt in her own way. The query she'd gotten from Goju was something she knew a little bit about, but at the same time she was afraid that she didn't really have the answers he'd want. Still, there was only one way to find out. Seeing him by the riverbed, she approached and bowed. "HIsomu-sama. Good to see you again. I sense a soul in search of answers." She chuckled a little, in that dark way she sometimes had. "I'll do my best."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju returned the bow, lower than technically appropriate, but he had a lot of respect and gratitude for the monk. "Nozomi-san, thank you so much for coming. I do have some questions." He wasn't quite sure where to start. "Do you remember the story I told you when you found me drunk four years ago?"
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"You know, I think you do, but it never hurts to refresh my memory." It brought her a bit of a sinking feeling, but yeah. She thought she remembered the tale. still, it had been at least five years now, so it was better to be sure of the details. After all, the topic was ... pressing, wasn't it?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"I see." Goju takes a deep breath before continuing. "I was born Hantei Tadaka, second son to the kami Hantei and twin brother to Genji. But I was more interested in enjoying life and my status instead of the honor and duty my father tried to teach me. Then, I was sent on a diplomatic mission to the Nezumi. I got drunk and woke up with a hangover and no name. Taken by a Nezumi shaman that I had apparently angered. After understanding what had happened to me, I realized that the world was better off without Tadaka. My family seemed happier, better for it." He left out the rest figuring she remembered that part. Besides, it was irrelevant to what he wanted to know.

"My question is, if I can prove myself worthy to be a Thunder, would I be a Spider since I where my uncle's colors, or a Stag since I still have my father's blood?" What he really wanted to know was could he prevent Genji from being a Thunder.

[Lost Love activates]

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"..." She... tried to focus. She tried to think. Her eyes widened and she looked legitimately confused. Wait, he was Kinsen's kid? How did she not remember this properly? In reality? She'd been told the story and the more she thought on it, the more that she managed to gradually muddle the thoughts. She was about to test him, to stare straight into his eyes to search out if he was somehow corrupted, but..

No... no, you did that before. He isn't.

"Yes, I remember now. Mostly. Probably. I... do not understand what happened to you all those years ago. It's a little harder to remember than I would like to admit." She frowned and her arms folded before she then turned to him. "As for the answer to your question? Does it really matter which you are? If that person who you were is gone, you are a new soul, are you not? With destiny, such things forge ahead to a future. Perhaps you will be one, perhaps another, perhaps a different fate is yours to grasp hold of. Why define fate?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju gives a dark chuckle. "It's easy to say Goju is new soul. But I still have Tadaka's memories. My family may have forgotten me. For the best really. But I haven't forgotten them. I want to save my brother. Like how my father saved my uncle. I still love them, and I want to make up for boy who caused them so much pain even if they don't remember it." Goju looks at the sky. "No redemption for a man who doesn't exist, huh?"