Ryoshun Nao

Re: (D2, LA) Ask Your Questions of The World

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Alright."

She sat by a tree and leaned against it. "Try to keep the bugs of me, if you would."

Petting San, she closed her eyes and focused on projecting herself into the Realm of Animals.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

It seems as though she made it at first.

She finds herself in a dense forest, with trees that seem to touch the very sky. It's verdant and alive with noise. Birds are singing in the trees, rustling in the leaves, distant squeaking of rodents. Looking up, she can see a crane gracefully flying through the air.

Backwards.

When she listens closely, even the noises seem to start at the end and move back to the beginning. She hears a bird of prey's cry, and it rises in pitch instead of dropping.

It's like a dream interpretation of one would think the Realm of Animals might be like.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

With that in mind, she looked around for the dreamer.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

As Nao settles, Tai holds out a hand to Satsuki. "Let's see that, you're offerin' a fair bit today, looks like." She thinks a moment. "Hmm, and with fire like that, imagine water's even less your strong suit than mine."

She cuts her own palm lightly, closing her hand into a fist around it with some quiet, sibilant 'words' that seem to gather the thick fog around her hand before opening her fist to take the Dragon's hand in hers. Here, next to the pained river, the water spirits rush to respond after all that fire, and both can soon feel condensed fog dripping from their hands and hair.

D2 LA: PTiP on Satsuki...after the fire's gone out. No sense getting those kami in a fight. | 5k3 ⇒ 41 (TN: 10)
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki was keeping a close eye on Nao and San, and it took a moment for her to realise Tai was talking to her. "Oh... yeah, I've been busy since this morning. Warding my tent, communing with the kami a lot, helping out..." she chuckled with a tinge of embarrassment. "I was never really good at getting the water kami to listen to me."

Her hand was warm to the touch as Tai's hands enclosed around hers, and she could feel the older woman's strong energies restoring her strengths as well. That warmth between them soon enough was damp and almost clammy from the intensity of fire and the unstoppable water. "... You seem to manage to call them pretty easily, Tai," Satsuki remarked softly as she felt her own self restored fully. As her hand touched her now unbound hair, she could tell it was as damp as if she had just left the baths.

"I hope Nao's doing alright at least."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:27 am
She was searching for something, with little luck.

- - -
(D2, LA) Ask Your Questions of The World, Investigation/Percaption | 4k3 ⇒ 18 (TN: 20)
Unfortunately, there are a LOT of animals here, and the dreamer is probably imagining themselves as one of them.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Hello?" she called out. "I'd like to talk to you. Please?"

Accompanied By| San