Jiyo Sora

Re: Going the Long Way [D0 EA, open]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And as the ranking samurai here, I am going to show Compassion and insist that you humble monks be served first."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"There's a first time for everything, I suppose," he commented. "Imagine, in another thirty years, you might demonstrate one additional tenet of Bushido."
Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:32 pm
While they discussed, Zhe stirred the pot before cutting a cheese wedge into smaller pieces and adding it to the mix.

''Should about be done'' he stirred again, making sure the cheese would melt and spread around. ''If you could give me your bowls I'll fill them right up! Oh and if you want extra cheese on the side or on top don't hesitate to ask.''
Still, he and Kichi passed over their bowls. "I would love some extra cheese."
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

As the monks were served, he nodded to Ai.

"Growing youngsters before old guys with jerky in their packs."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:17 pm
As the monks were served, he nodded to Ai.

"Growing youngsters before old guys with jerky in their packs."
"As you say, Jiyo-sama," she said and then got her portion, temperate and appropriate with minimal cheese. She tasted it and said, "This is delicious, Wu-san, thank you for such a meal."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora held his own bowl out.

"If you could, heavy on the cheese, Wu-san. It's good for a chill day."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe gladly filled the bowls and produced two more cheese wedges for Ukyou and Sora, one stark yellow and the other egg white.

''The yellow one is sharper and more intense, the lighter one is softer.''
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:50 pm
"As you say, Jiyo-sama," she said and then got her portion, temperate and appropriate with minimal cheese. She tasted it and said, "This is delicious, Wu-san, thank you for such a meal."
''I am glad you find it to your liking, Nanzi-san'' he replied with a bow
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

"Yes, this is delicious, Wu-sama. Thank you very much," Ukyou said, bowing carefully so as not to spill anything.

Played by GM Canary

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

Kichi bows, as well. "Thank you, Wu-sama."
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora tucked in without much ceremony, although his table manners had improved considerably from the days when he'd eaten his fish raw out of the stream.

"As your prior efforts lead me to expect, Wu-san, excellent. Especially on a day like this one."

Carries:

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:26 am
Sora tucked in without much ceremony, although his table manners had improved considerably from the days when he'd eaten his fish raw out of the stream.

"As your prior efforts lead me to expect, Wu-san, excellent. Especially on a day like this one."
"Well, it's pretty far from your favorite of raw fish guts straight from the stream, but he did an exceptional job."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ukyou wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:28 am
"Well, it's pretty far from your favorite of raw fish guts straight from the stream, but he did an exceptional job."
Sora turned a gimlet eye on Ukyou.

"When it comes to culinary matters, I shall of course defer to your more refined tastes."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe was not used to praise of the sort but he was glad his travel cooking brought some satisfaction to his companions

''I am happy you enjoy this simple meal. I am no Saru Takurou but I am grateful for his tutelage''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

At the mention of Takurou, Sora nodded with a smile.

"Hopefully he handles the cooking for Shirayuki's wedding. It's already going to be a good party, but..."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe raised an eyebrow

''Shirayuki-sama? She is already married to Togashi-no-Kami...unless I misunderstood something?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:43 am
Zhe raised an eyebrow

''Shirayuki-sama? She is already married to Togashi-no-Kami...unless I misunderstood something?
Sora chuckled.

"My old friend goes by Saruko, now, so I applied her old name to one of my elder daughters. She was at Court five years back, actually."

Carries:

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Ukyou shook his head sadly. "Hmm... Should your wife be here to look after you, Jiyo-sama?"

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai listened and ate quietly and politely with Crane precision and grace.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ukyou wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:47 am
Ukyou shook his head sadly. "Hmm... Should your wife be here to look after you, Jiyo-sama?"
"If my wife were here, Ukyou-san, she'd probably be very quietly looking after all of us."

There was no banter in his tone.

"And if I hadn't saddled her with two more children, I would heartily wish she could be here. She's braver than I am, wiser than I am, and undeniably more socially adept than I am."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:46 am
A light of recognition passed behind Zhe's eyes

''Ohhhh, right. She did, herr was.'' he shook his head ''I was reading old records before leaving...that's why I got the name confused. My apologies''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 am
A light of recognition passed behind Zhe's eyes

''Ohhhh, right. She did, herr was.'' he shook his head ''I was reading old records before leaving...that's why I got the name confused. My apologies''
Sora chuckled and waved it off.

"I sometimes like to joke that it's my way of keeping the scribes on their toes."

Carries: