Canary

Re: Dinner Al Fresco [Day 5, Mid-Evening, Super-Open]

Post by Canary »

The villagers, sweaty and tired from the barn- or rather, house-raising, approached the meal set out. They were hesitant at first, but their kids weren't, running over excitedly. "Oh, wow! C-can we join?"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:42 pm
The villagers, sweaty and tired from the barn- or rather, house-raising, approached the meal set out. They were hesitant at first, but their kids weren't, running over excitedly. "Oh, wow! C-can we join?"
Ai smiled sweetly and said while playing, "Please do... eat heartily."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Canary

Post by Canary »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Ai smiled sweetly and said while playing, "Please do... eat heartily."
One of the younger children, clearly only a little bit out of toddlerhood, hugs her leg. "Thank you, samurai-sama!"

His mother approached, bowing deeply and picking him up. "I apologize, he hasn't quite learned his manners, yet. He's right, though. Thank you."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Sora grinned.

"That is the purpose of the exercise, little ones. It won't be the best meal you've ever had, but it's the best we could do, under the circumstances."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:52 pm
One of the younger children, clearly only a little bit out of toddlerhood, hugs her leg. "Thank you, samurai-sama!"

His mother approached, bowing deeply and picking him up. "I apologize, he hasn't quite learned his manners, yet. He's right, though. Thank you."
Her response was graceful if a bit taken aback.

Shocked by the open and heartfelt hug she just smiled awkwardly… oh peasants… like little puppies barely knowing anything, but oh so cute. She said warmly, “He reminds me of my nephew, so full of life and kind, and you are most welcome. I pray you fill your stomachs after such a hard day.”

“Especially you, little one,” she teased of the child that hugged her.

OOC: Etiquette Response | 6k3 ⇒ 41
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage showed up, not particularly in dire straights for once. He looked like he slept somehow, hair properly pulled back and groomed. His eyes had clarity and his mask seemed to ride his cheeks like he was smiling underneath it.

He wore his travel cloak, had his swords, his had hanging on his back off his neck. He carried a sack of boiled roots he'd seasoned from the forest, chopped up into bite-size snacks. Villager fare, but he was in a village. He found and empty dish and dumped them into it, then found some sake, a seat, then lit his pipe and relaxed a bit.

He saw Sora-ji-chan and held the cup at him in salute from across the way.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

In spite of himself, Reo feels his heart lighten. There are rough days, and horrors might be a short distance away, but it was worth remembering what he did this for.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:22 pm
He saw Sora-ji-chan and held the cup at him in salute from across the way.
It seemed Kumori's pet Scorpion was still alive after all.

Sora grinned and gave him a wave.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru was there. He wasn't quite smiling, but his expression was a bit brighter than usual.

Perhaps it was the festive atmosphere.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:27 pm
Sora grinned and gave him a wave.
Norikage returned the greeting with a nod. His head slightly tilted though, reading if the old man needed something.

He probably does, maybe he stained his fundoshi last night. Explains the discomfort on his face.

He swaggered over, dodging children on the way.

"Evening, Ojichan, what's the news?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:39 pm
"Evening, Ojichan, what's the news?"
Oh, an honest answer would have brought the villagers' down in a hurry. So Sora lied in a way he figured the Scorpion would pick up on.

"Ah, Bayushi-san, how could I complain?"

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:43 pm
"Ah, Bayushi-san, how could I complain?"
"How indeed? I suppose I could take lessons from the master." He bowed, somehow both with respect and mocking. "Though we should catch up on that now that we both seem aware enough to complain properly."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:47 pm
"How indeed? I suppose I could take lessons from the master." He bowed, somehow both with respect and mocking. "Though we should catch up on that now that we both seem aware enough to complain properly."
"Finally manage to sleep through a night, did you?"

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:49 pm
"Finally manage to sleep through a night, did you?"
"I am blessed with friends I don't deserve", he said with a shrug. "The next step is to put their gift to good use."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:50 pm
"I am blessed with friends I don't deserve", he said with a shrug. "The next step is to put their gift to good use."
"I shudder to think what my life would be like if I got what I deserved..."

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:55 pm
"I shudder to think what my life would be like if I got what I deserved..."
"Remember, Ojichan, some of us actually do." And he puffed smoke, not looking at anyone in particular. "Though usually through their own instrument of kharma. The truly motivated make it happen."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:09 pm
"Remember, Ojichan, some of us actually do." And he puffed smoke, not looking at anyone in particular. "Though usually through their own instrument of kharma. The truly motivated make it happen."
"Motivation in all things, kid. Tell me, how do you find your time passing these days?"

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:28 pm
"Motivation in all things, kid. Tell me, how do you find your time passing these days?"
"Better today then any of the previous", he admitted, scratching his temple a little. "Though it comes with it's own burdens...so..." he scowled, the scowl of youth, the idiot's scowl. "You're old, and you've done a lot. You don't need to get too specific, but I have a question." He glanced sidelong. "It's kinda personal."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:32 pm
"Better today then any of the previous", he admitted, scratching his temple a little. "Though it comes with it's own burdens...so..." he scowled, the scowl of youth, the idiot's scowl. "You're old, and you've done a lot. You don't need to get too specific, but I have a question." He glanced sidelong. "It's kinda personal."
"If you fancy each other, I'd suggest sleeping together." His expression was utterly bland. "My apologies, but that answer has covered most personal questions I've gotten from people your age."

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:34 pm
"If you fancy each other, I'd suggest sleeping together." His expression was utterly bland. "My apologies, but that answer has covered most personal questions I've gotten from people your age."
He waved a hand. "No, I have that part covered...well, I mean I at least know that much." He said, frowning slightly. "I mean...you went on the road, leaving one behind, you made a choice out there. You knew there were two women and you made a call, you could probably drone on an on about how happy and you are and how it was worth it, whatever...I mean...but did you still have regrets? Seriously. Were you sure or did you just trust it would work out?"