Jiyo Sora

Re: Dinner Al Fresco [Day 5, Mid-Evening, Super-Open]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:35 pm
"We should probably get started with those..." then, looking around. "Those... and then a blessing for this meeting?"
"I don't see why not, Haka-san. Thank you for contributing!"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:37 pm
Snip
It's rather clear it takes a while before 'Haka-san' understands the name refers to him. He does nod when he notices, though.

"I guess we should get a fire started, then?", he asks with a small, hesitant smile. "Ha-yeong and I will go gather some wood for it, then"
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:41 pm
"I guess we should get a fire started, then?", he asks with a small, hesitant smile. "Ha-yeong and I will go gather some wood for it, then"
Sora chuckled at that.

"Hell, just move one of the rice pots... that's a fine mess of fish you two brought in..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:42 pm
Snip
Opening the bags a bit reveals some char trout, some decent Ayu, A LOT of minnows... and some freshwater eels.

"We figured this was an occasion for sharing, geureochi?" The hesitant smile grows a small bit.

"Oh.. the rice pots could do too, I suppose. But I'm not sure it'll bring the best in some of them, so... maybe we could get a fire started as well later?"

He starts hauling the fish closer. "Jiyo Sora-nim is handling the cooking, then?"

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou, hearing the shifts in Ai's performance, shakes his head.

He also clears some space over the fire for the Haka to use.

It ain't much, he thinks, but it's honest work.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:51 pm
He starts hauling the fish closer. "Jiyo Sora-nim is handling the cooking, then?"
That got more than a chuckle, it got a belly-laugh.

"Fortunes, no! No, I'm delegating that task to people who won't waste perfectly good ingredients..."

Carries:

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:53 pm
Snip
"Oh", a slight, awkward smile. "I'm not exactly an expert either, but you know... just grilling it. Unless someone has more complex ideas, of course!"
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Snip
Noticing the Stag's motions, the young man in tribal robes bows to him, deep, and comes closer to start placing one of the smaller trout and some minnows over the fire. No words are spoken, and he seems to keep what he must think is a respectful distance. Maybe just hesitant about doing something wrong... there were stories about the Stag. He'd met the man earlier today, of course, but maybe he'd be different near more important people?...

The young'un isn't as careful though - nor as polite. They get some minnows, place them there, bow just slightly, then say "Oi, Otomo-sshi! And bye!" Then to Tae-soo "I'll take a look around, seonbae!". Tae-soo nods and starts opening his mouth, but they've darted off before he can say something.

EDIT: Changed some things as I just noticed Akutou met them earlier in the day!

DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Well, it was becoming a party after all. Not just villagers but more and more samurai caste as well. He thought it was good. This is what Kumori wanted, and he felt Ojichan was of the same mind. He smoked his pipe and watched for a bit, but didn't ignore the others, he gave Tae-soo a nod in greeting as well.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

(late to post, been a day and all)

Satsuki wasn't much of a cook or fan of great gatherings, but she had been at the first feast so... might as well be here too, right? At least she helped out with serving where that was needed, making sure people got their fills.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:55 pm
Snip
"Told you you ain't gotta be all fancy wi' me, friend," Akutou says. "I ain't cut our f'r it, anyway. Not like I'm some courtly type."

He grins.

"Am lookin' for'ard t' some o' that fish, though."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:46 am
snip
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:25 pm
snip
Hearing the song playing so, Zhe could only interpret it as an intended insult. No wanting it be a lasting thought, he reached out to hold Chouri's hand as the chidren played with the nezumi.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Finding a moment to speak with the woman, he approached Chouri and her shadow.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori arrived a bit later than everyone, but she was there all the same.

She found a quiet place to sit at first and take in the festivities.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:59 pm

"Told you you ain't gotta be all fancy wi' me, friend," Akutou says. "I ain't cut our f'r it, anyway. Not like I'm some courtly type."

He grins.

"Am lookin' for'ard t' some o' that fish, though."
He still seems slightly uncomfortable, but tries to lighten up at least a bit as he starts arranging the minnows over the fire.

"We should have some of them proper ready soon, then, geureochi?"

----
D5 ME - Fluffy Craft: Cooking. Working on some minnows for now, let's say XD | 4k3 ⇒ 21
I guess we can say that takes a while and is at least decent?

(I'm assuming Intelligence for that... might as well be Perception for the next fluffy roll, I guess? XD)

DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:18 pm
snip
Akutou raises an eyebrow.

"Ain't f'miliar wi' that word, 'geuereochi,' shit, 'gurochi,' dammit, 'geureochi.' What's it mean?"

It's not only Nezumi words that run athwart Akutou's accent.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:02 pm
Hearing the song playing so, Zhe could only interpret it as an intended insult. No wanting it be a lasting thought, he reached out to hold Chouri's hand as the chidren played with the nezumi.
She smiled, squeezing his hand lightly.
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:14 pm
Finding a moment to speak with the woman, he approached Chouri and her shadow.
She bowed to Ai. "Good evening, Doji-sama."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:40 pm
She bowed to Ai. "Good evening, Doji-sama."
“Many blessings on you and yours, I know it has been a whirlwind of a few days but I wanted to thank you for your hospitality. I was hoping to get your appraisal of the song. It is rather experimental fare, but I wanted to use symbolism and esoteric verse to voice my appreciation of your sacrifices and the hard decisions you have had to make.”

“It’s not a typical arrangement, so I am curious how you enjoyed it?”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:46 pm
“Many blessings on you and yours, I know it has been a whirlwind of a few days but I wanted to thank you for your hospitality. I was hoping to get your appraisal of the song. It is rather experimental fare, but I wanted to use symbolism and esoteric verse to voice my appreciation of your sacrifices and the hard decisions you have had to make.”

“It’s not a typical arrangement, so I am curious how you enjoyed it?”
"It has been a very... interesting few days indeed. Of course. I only wish my hospitality could have been what it should have," she replied with a soft shake of her head. "Symbolic, yet also rather direct in its own way. I liked it."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:58 pm
"It has been a very... interesting few days indeed. Of course. I only wish my hospitality could have been what it should have," she replied with a soft shake of her head. "Symbolic, yet also rather direct in its own way. I liked it."
She smiled brightly at the praise and said, “I am elated, I was a bit pensive, but I have felt confident to explore more experimental music since I have arrived and it’s like… opening one’s home to a stranger and hoping they like what they see… sorry I am terrible at analogies,” she said warmly.

“Is there anything further we can do to aid you and yours in the coming days?”

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:46 am
Meanwhile, Chouri arrived, having been invited by Sora earlier. She approaches where Chuchu is dealing with the kids, hanging back and watching with a smile.
Chuchu will get up from the table to play with the other children for awhile -- tag and singing made-up songs and rock-paper-scissors -- but eventually she realizes she's being watched. Or maybe it's the woman's scent that catches her attention first; even Chuchu doesn't know. But her shiny eyes turn to Chouri, and she chitters to the others she'll be "back-back" before scampering to the woman.

"Hi-hi?"

She settles at Ai's feet, one of her little hands holding the Crane's sleeve.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.