Jiyo Sora

Re: Going the Long Way [D0 EA, open]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Yes, I imagine it's downright painful, speaking in complete, coherent sentences."

Sora was plainly amused.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:49 am
"Yes, I imagine it's downright painful, speaking in complete, coherent sentences."

Sora was plainly amused.
"About as painful as it must be for you to go more than two sentences without swearing," he returned with a blithe smile.
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ukyou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:21 am
"About as painful as it must be for you to go more than two sentences without swearing," he returned with a blithe smile.
"And here I've made it at least five without complaining. Tsk."

He shook his head.

"Youngsters these days... ah, but what am I saying, nobody else here would understand that perspective at all."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:25 am
"And here I've made it at least five without complaining. Tsk."

He shook his head.

"Youngsters these days... ah, but what am I saying, nobody else here would understand that perspective at all."
"That must be a record for a curmudgeon like you," he observed, feigning surprise. "Well, it's kind of Shiba-dono to keep you around during your slow slide into senility."

Played by GM Canary

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"Children..." Kichi sighed.
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ukyou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:56 am
"That must be a record for a curmudgeon like you," he observed, feigning surprise. "Well, it's kind of Shiba-dono to keep you around during your slow slide into senility."
"I believe the Boss finds me ornamental in some fashion. Perhaps I accentuate the beauty of the court by making literally everything else look better..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai listened, it seemed the best use of her time. Riddles were not her strong point, she preferred straight forward information. With the meal underway, she found a place to sit once more and played the shamisen softly and listened.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe added the roots to the pot with a satisfying hiss coming from the butter. The soaked hard cakes came next, then the spices.
Ukyou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:46 am
He gave a little scowl. "I hate being this blunt."
''Had I been you I would have said something like: A sprout needs constant care and a young tree can benefit from a tutor but those thing become hindrances as it matures and blooms into itself.''

Yeah that sounded about right

''Then you can add something like: You certainly are no sprout, Jiyo-sama''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I don't see how spouting riddles is helpful, if you want people to make up their own minds, just say so," she murmured while playing.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''That depends Nanzi-sama. As instructions to repair a roof, stitch a hole or as a cooking recipe...yeah, it's useless. But dealing with people is more difficult then objects. We all have different perspectives and ways and thus no straight answer can be given...then there is the problem of hearing only what we want to and, even in the most simple cases, wildly misinterpreting what is simply stated.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora chuckled and nodded to the Crane.

"I find that there's a balance to be struck between saying too much and saying too little. My wife- who is absolutely the brains of our marriage- says that too much precision is wasted on people who don't grasp the basics of the subject. Her favorite example is that explaining the nuances of the Spirit Realms is a waste of time until the listener grasps what Spirit Realms are."

He turned a sardonic look on the monks.

"I imagine it's much the same for matters of mystical destiny."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:12 am
''That depends Nanzi-sama. As instructions to repair a roof, stitch a hole or as a cooking recipe...yeah, it's useless. But dealing with people is more difficult then objects. We all have different perspectives and ways and thus no straight answer can be given...then there is the problem of hearing only what we want to and, even in the most simple cases, wildly misinterpreting what is simply stated.''
"If such people are easily puzzled, then I am not sure riddles is doing them any favors," she responded. "But I see your point."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:20 am
Sora chuckled and nodded to the Crane.

"I find that there's a balance to be struck between saying too much and saying too little. My wife- who is absolutely the brains of our marriage- says that too much precision is wasted on people who don't grasp the basics of the subject. Her favorite example is that explaining the nuances of the Spirit Realms is a waste of time until the listener grasps what Spirit Realms are."

He turned a sardonic look on the monks.

"I imagine it's much the same for matters of mystical destiny."
"My honored Mother listens, and often gives support more so than advice and coaxes people to find their own path through her support. Father... well ahem," she responded before imitating his voice, "Nanzi does not give advice, two times too clever for that, Nanzi knows people only wish to hear what they want to hear no matter how much gold one's advice possesses they will only take it if it matches what they believe. No, Nanzi just tells them what he would do, if he were them, and they can do with that what they will."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora had great difficulty maintaining a straight face.

"I see a daughter's filial devotion makes for keen observation."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She smiled brightly and said, "I am my honored father's daughter."

"Surely your children revere you with such filial piety, Jiyo-sama."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh yes. You should hear my daughter Phi's impersonation of my voice. It's, ah... quite the thing."

He coughed.

"It's a good reminder to be careful of my, ah, vocabulary around Reiko and Kozan..."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She smirked and said, "Mother's face the first time I used Father's more colorful language was... priceless."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

While they discussed, Zhe stirred the pot before cutting a cheese wedge into smaller pieces and adding it to the mix.

''Should about be done'' he stirred again, making sure the cheese would melt and spread around. ''If you could give me your bowls I'll fill them right up! Oh and if you want extra cheese on the side or on top don't hesitate to ask.''

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai waited politely for the highest ranked samurai to speak or act, propriety demanded it.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

For his part, Sora nodded to the monks.

"May as well lead off."

Carries:

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Ukyou raised his hands. "Oh, Jiyo-sama, I couldn't. After all, you are the ranking samurai here, and I am but a humble monk."

Played by GM Canary