Wu Dai Lu

Re: Dinner Al Fresco [Day 5, Mid-Evening, Super-Open]

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:05 pm
She smiled brightly at the praise and said, “I am elated, I was a bit pensive, but I have felt confident to explore more experimental music since I have arrived and it’s like… opening one’s home to a stranger and hoping they like what they see… sorry I am terrible at analogies,” she said warmly.

“Is there anything further we can do to aid you and yours in the coming days?”
Chouri looks deeply exhausted for a moment before finally saying, "Win."
Chuchu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:09 pm
Chuchu will get up from the table to play with the other children for awhile -- tag and singing made-up songs and rock-paper-scissors -- but eventually she realizes she's being watched. Or maybe it's the woman's scent that catches her attention first; even Chuchu doesn't know. But her shiny eyes turn to Chouri, and she chitters to the others she'll be "back-back" before scampering to the woman.

"Hi-hi?"

She settles at Ai's feet, one of her little hands holding the Crane's sleeve.
When Chuchu scampers up and asks for her, she crouches a bit to get on her level. "I'm Chouri, it's nice to meet you. I hear you found my notes."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:14 pm
When Chuchu scampers up and asks for her, she crouches a bit to get on her level. "I'm Chouri, it's nice to meet you. I hear you found my notes."
Chuchu nods before carefully leaning forward to sniff Chouri. "Are you one of the People?" She asks, eyes wide.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“We will,” she said confidently. Then she looked down at ChuChu and said, “Oh… little one… Chu-Chu-san? Yes?”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:18 pm
“We will,” she said confidently. Then she looked down at ChuChu and said, “Oh… little one… Chu-Chu-san? Yes?”
"I won't tell," Chuchu cheeps out at Chouri before gently tugging on Ai's sleeve. "Doji! Saw Doji!"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chuchu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:15 pm
Chuchu nods before carefully leaning forward to sniff Chouri. "Are you one of the People?" She asks, eyes wide.
Chouri chuckles. "Not that I know of. Do I smell that way?"
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:18 pm
She looked to Ai and nodded, seeming bolstered by her confidence. "Thank you. Whatever else happens..." She looked around. "These people deserve to be safe."

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage watched the interaction between the Crane and village head, then the Nezumi. He kept his distance where he sat, smoking. It all seemed pleasant enough. Though he hadn't spoken to her in some days, he still didn't really plan to. She seemed busy. Plus he was certain she might get grey hairs if the world didn't hurry up and end. She could do with not having a creep like him talking to her.

Scanning the party he saw the Togashi woman from his dream a few nights past. He had to admit, she looked much better not being inside out with all her bits and pieces everywhere.

Though, that just drew his attention to the little not quite inconspicuous spot Kumori had found for herself.

He winked, but didn't get up to bother the Shiba.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:38 pm
Chouri chuckles. "Not that I know of. Do I smell that way?"
Her ears go up and her eyes grow wide. "You understand me, but you're not one of the People? What are you then? Are you a dream made a person?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe had never seen a nezumi before. He could not understand half of what it said but it seemed friendly enough.

He still did not get the song though
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Chuchu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:24 pm
"I won't tell," Chuchu cheeps out at Chouri before gently tugging on Ai's sleeve. "Doji! Saw Doji!"
Ai just smiled and said, "I know, and I am pleased. My Honored Mother is selfless beyond measure."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chuchu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:56 pm
Her ears go up and her eyes grow wide. "You understand me, but you're not one of the People? What are you then? Are you a dream made a person?"
"I do," she nodded, then chuckled a little. "I'm not sure I would know if I were. I would feel bad for whoever dreamed of me, though."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:04 pm
snip
Zhe cleared his throat then leaned in, raising the ridge of his hat

''I manage just fine'' he said with a wink before bringing the hat back down
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai raised an eye at the brazen words... but made no further comment.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:16 pm
Ai raised an eye at the brazen words... but made no further comment.
That was okay. Norikage had her back from the muttered Lord Moon's Beard... she barely caught after, perhaps seeing the Scorpion rubbing his face.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 pm
Snip
The younger one chuckles from a ways back. Tae-soo raises a hand slightly as if to apologise, the other hand handling long chopsticks to turn the minnows around "Oh, joesong, er, I mean, apologies! It's a simple word really: Ne?"

Which was probably rather confusing in itself... but he didn't seem to notice that at the moment.

Maybe because some of his attention was suddenly drawn to the exchange between Chuchu and the village head. He wondered about going and greeting the small rodentkin he'd met the previous day, but somehow it didn't seem like the best time to do that.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:07 am
Maybe because some of his attention was suddenly drawn to the exchange between Chuchu and the village head. He wondered about going and greeting the small rodentkin he'd met the previous day, but somehow it didn't seem like the best time to do that.
"You speak Nezumi?" Akutou asks. "I catch a few words, but that's 'bout all."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Kai

Post by Kai »

Kai's rose a brow when the ratling said that they have seen Doji. He knows it is not his place to speak nor to act. He sat at a table and listened to the different conversations that were happening at the dinner.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:41 am
"You speak Nezumi?" Akutou asks. "I catch a few words, but that's 'bout all."
"Oh?" He turned to Akutou, although his eyes shifted back to the village head now and then. "No, I can't understand what Chuchu-sshi is saying, but thr headmaster's words..."

He stops the sentence midway, looks at the man's face for a moment before his eyes go back to switching between the fish and the headwoman. "Has Otomo-nim heard of the cave, or been there?"
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:13 am
Tag for Ha-yeong
Sora spotted the youngest Scorpion present and blinked.

They looked to be around Soryu's age, but since they clearly weren't local, they must have come here with...

Well. Not my place to judge. Maybe no one else was available, maybe the kid insisted.

Either way, he made his way over to the teenager and bowed.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:13 am
He stops the sentence midway, looks at the man's face for a moment before his eyes go back to switching between the fish and the headwoman. "Has Otomo-nim heard of the cave, or been there?"
Akutou nods.

"Been a lot o' places recently," he says. "Strange f'r a place as don't seem t' wanna let anybody go nowhere."

He shrugs.

"But th' cookin's good here, s' there's more'n a little reason t' stay.

"An' you?"
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:38 pm
She looked to Ai and nodded, seeming bolstered by her confidence. "Thank you. Whatever else happens..." She looked around. "These people deserve to be safe."
"My blade has never deviated from that path, we will save all we can," she said confidently.