Haka Tae-soo

Getting one's feet wet (D1 EM)

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

The night was uneventful, and with the exhaustion of months of moving from place to place and over two weeks travelling for this last leg, the siblings slept soundly. Not ten minutes had gone since Tae-soo woke up, however, before he remembered the question that had been nagging him since they arrived the day before.

He walked outside, stretched, heard the sound of the water rippling nearby, drifted to the river's banks almost unconsciously, stared at the water for a long while - almost as if wondering what it was like to be a fish swimming through it.

His hands then did it, just as unconsciously, as if calling a childhood friend's name. A few drops of blood trickled down his forearm, one on the ground, one splatting on a leaf of grass and finding its way to the river standing just inches away from his feet.

"Gangmul-sshi?", he calls with eyes fixed on the river, his voice flowing, calm, clear and friendly.

---------------------------------------
OOC: Casting Commune with Water; the idea is asking his Friendly Kami about the local river, or asking it to intermediate so he can talk to the kami of the local river. Whatever works best!

D1 EM - Commune with Water. 3 Raises called, 2 for clarity, 1 for extra question (so 3 questions). Friendly Kami, school ability. TN 25 (10 + 15) | 10k5 ⇒ 44 (TN: 25)
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Re: Getting one's feet wet (D1 EM)

Post by Canary »

Even doing his best, the water responds sluggishly, as if he were waking it from its own sleep too early in the morning. The water ripples, but slowly, as if responding.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:29 pm
Even doing his best, the water responds sluggishly, as if he were waking it from its own sleep too early in the morning. The water ripples, but slowly, as if responding.
The ripples in the water reflect a blossoming smile on the young man's face.

"Annyeong, Gangmul-sshi", he says in a warm voice, no sign of the reservation he shows with humans. "You seem tired." He looks at the river, wondering.

"This river.... I've been meaning to ask you since yesterday. The locals says it takes away memories." A deep breath.

"It... is it traumatised in some way? Like... did something happen here that traumatised it?"

Another moment looking at the river, as if scanning under the surface. "And does this trauma, or this forgetfulness, or... I guess this 'making others forgetfulness', extend to what it touches? The fish, the greens?"

He shakes his head slightly. "But that's all so serious... I hope you have been well, and we've been treating you well, Gangmul-sshi! Is there anything we can do for you? Or..." another look at the river. "For her? This part of you?"

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, RL has been a mess.

So! Questions would be
1) Did something happen here that traumatised the river
2) Do fish caught in the river and plants watered with its water also make one forget?
3) Is there anything that can be done to help 'the spirit ot water' here, in the village or the river specifically?

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:02 pm
Canary wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:29 pm
The ripples in the water reflect a blossoming smile on the young man's face.

"Annyeong, Gangmul-sshi", he says in a warm voice, no sign of the reservation he shows with humans. "You seem tired." He looks at the river, wondering.

"This river.... I've been meaning to ask you since yesterday. The locals says it takes away memories." A deep breath.

"It... is it traumatised in some way? Like... did something happen here that traumatised it?"

Another moment looking at the river, as if scanning under the surface. "And does this trauma, or this forgetfulness, or... I guess this 'making others forgetfulness', extend to what it touches? The fish, the greens?"

He shakes his head slightly. "But that's all so serious... I hope you have been well, and we've been treating you well, Gangmul-sshi! Is there anything we can do for you? Or..." another look at the river. "For her? This part of you?"

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, RL has been a mess.

So! Questions would be
1) Did something happen here that traumatised the river
2) Do fish caught in the river and plants watered with its water also make one forget?
3) Is there anything that can be done to help 'the spirit ot water' here, in the village or the river specifically?
OOC: No worries. IRL always comes first. Game can wait. :)
"It... is it traumatised in some way? Like... did something happen here that traumatise it?"
The water ripples again. In the slow movement, he can see flickers of green, unnaturally bright, and glossy black stone falling into the water.
"And does this trauma, or this forgetfulness, or... I guess this 'making others forgetful', extend to what it touches? The fish, the greens?"
All he sees are images of people and animals going about their normal days, seemingly unaffected by anything.
"But that's all so serious... I hope you have been well, and we've been treating you well, Gangmul-sshi! Is there anything we can do for you? Or..." another look at the river. "For her? This part of you?"
All he sees is the bottom of the stream. Either it doesn't know, or the answer is no.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:38 pm
"It... is it traumatised in some way? Like... did something happen here that traumatise it?"
The water ripples again. In the slow movement, he can see flickers of green, unnaturally bright, and glossy black stone falling into the water.
"And does this trauma, or this forgetfulness, or... I guess this 'making others forgetful', extend to what it touches? The fish, the greens?"
All he sees are images of people and animals going about their normal days, seemingly unaffected by anything.
"But that's all so serious... I hope you have been well, and we've been treating you well, Gangmul-sshi! Is there anything we can do for you? Or..." another look at the river. "For her? This part of you?"
All he sees is the bottom of the stream. Either it doesn't know, or the answer is no.
The flickers of green draw the young man's attention, for a long while. He nods as he gazes at the bottom of the stream at the end, bows slightly, another smile coming to his lips.

"I see... thank you, Gangmul-sshi. You're a good friend. I... don't know if I can help. We can. But... this... "

He takes a deep breath. "We'll do our best."

Another bow. He means to take one step back, but stops midway through, looks at the water. Maybe...

He makes his way to the tent, then comes back with a fishing pole.

D1 EM - Fluff Craft: Fishing/Perception. Tradition Keeper | 7k4+4 ⇒ 35

DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Once he casts, it isn't long before he gets a pull on the line.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:00 am
He'll pull without hesitation, as he's used to. Take a good look at the fish. Does it look normal?

If so, he'll say a prayer to the river and the fish's spirits, place it aside for a meal later, and cast again.

(OOC: As it took me a while to see this here due to RL stuff, if nothing weird's in the fish can we say he catches some but only eats it on D2 so any weird effects only happen later to avoid retcons? I can get another fishing + lunch thread going tomorrow if that's better!)

DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:58 pm
Canary wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:00 am
He'll pull without hesitation, as he's used to. Take a good look at the fish. Does it look normal?

If so, he'll say a prayer to the river and the fish's spirits, place it aside for a meal later, and cast again.

(OOC: As it took me a while to see this here due to RL stuff, if nothing weird's in the fish can we say he catches some but only eats it on D2 so any weird effects only happen later to avoid retcons? I can get another fishing + lunch thread going tomorrow if that's better!)
It is a normal fish, as are the others he catches over the morning as far as he can tell.

(OOC: You're good. Up to you how you want to do it.)

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:50 am
It is a normal fish, as are the others he catches over the morning as far as he can tell.

(OOC: You're good. Up to you how you want to do it.)
(OOC: Can we assume Tae-soo prepares the fish and eats it, say, EE or ME on D2 to avoid any weird retcon stuff? I can create a thread for that if it helps. Just don't want to create issues.)

DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:26 pm
(OOC: Can we assume Tae-soo prepares the fish and eats it, say, EE or ME on D2 to avoid any weird retcon stuff? I can create a thread for that if it helps. Just don't want to create issues.)
OOC: Yup. Also, no weird effects from the fish.

Yet.