Shiba Kumori

A River Runs From It (D2, EM Open)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei woke up refreshed but frustrated that morning. Reports of widespread insomnia and people with bloodshot eyes filled the village. Something was off about the festival the previous night… And with her companion probably off galavanting with some cat-woman or something… Han-Hei needed to get out and do something about it.

Norikage had proposed following the river further up stream to see if its source had some sort of problem. So, Han-Hei woke up early. Helped with preparations for breakfast for Norikage, Yoshie, and Daisuke… Then unpacked her armor and put it on for an excursion up the river.

Can’t be too hard not to get lost… just stay on one side and follow it up…

————

OOC: Open to anybody wanting to explore a bit or talk.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Kaijarisuigyo

Re: A River Runs From It (D2, EM Open)

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"So, you, are you the guardian of this pack?"

A figure dropped down from a nearby tree. A girl apparently?

"I've met several people who look like the part so far. But none has acknowledged that role. But you've put on your carapace and are patrolling. So maybe it's you?"
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She turned her attention to the woman and shifted into a calm but readied stance.

Taking a moment to try and understand the comment she tilted her head, “I am a guardian of this ‘pack’ as you call it… And who might you be?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Kai."

As if it explained everything, she kept talking:

"Perfect. You're the one who knows most about how it's all organized then. Thus, I have a simple question for you: How to stop the bickering and unite everyone into a proper hunting party? As of now, far too much baring your teeth between members. Not the unity required of a good pack if the hunt is to be successful."
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“How to unite them?” She tilted her head.

“Seems like you aren’t from around here if you’re calling everyone… them…”

She then asked, “What is it that unties a hunting pack where you are from?”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Death of one of the leaders of the pack, especially when the pack is already stressed from not enough food or too many predators. The pack then splits into smaller packs, smaller packs are more vulnerable, and things get repetitive."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I’m not sure that works the same way for us…” She replied.

“It’s usually sacrifice that unites people… When a leader dies for the pack… It tells us that they weren’t being lied to. The pack bonds together when they see they’ve been dealt with honestly. Not by being manipulated or used…” She continued.

“Humans are a pack too… but the empire is more than that. It’s a melding of the strengths here in this realm… and the strengths of the heavens.”

“There are different ways of uniting us…”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Such as?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Need… honor… honesty… duty… love…” She replied with a shrug.

“Everyone is different. It’s easy to not show courage… But if there are those who will set an example. It makes it easier for everyone else to find their own courage and work together.”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I'm not sure if you're using your voice for when your words are to be understood for their meaning, your voice for when you want to convey you actually disagree with them, or a mix of both.

The concept of the example thing, I get. The who would be a good example less. The war against the darkness has been waging for years. Don't you already have a few heroes?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“To be honest… I’m not all that tactical with my words… So I can’t tell ya.” She replied.

“As for the who? Could be anybody really… Different people need different heroes. Some people want a name. Some people want somebody who doesn’t have a ‘big name’. If what that Shinsei guy said yesterday is true, then we all should try and be our best selves here for the next several days.”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I understand. Words hard.

But I think best won't be enough. The self of until now have not managed to put a dent in the darkness. To become greater than we currently are is required.

And for that, so many things are needed.

For a start, talks need be more open. Just a few hours ago, had a princess turn crazy on me because she thought I overheard one of her clan secrets as Crane once eavesdropped on the secrets of the stars. In general, feels like everyone is only giving so much, still keeping things that would be useful from others to give an edge to their fellows in a conflict that will be meaningless once the darkness has triumphed of us all."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Maybe… I think a lot of people have been burned in the past few years by people they trust. The nightmare realm has given everyone a… perhaps over-healthy dose of cynicism in the past few years.”

She nodded, “Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be open… but I can see why people would be worried about really opening themselves up.”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"When blood flows out of your body quickly, it's because there's a wound somewhere and your heart is still pumping. Knowing that is good, but bandaging that before you die is way better. Distrust must be healed before it kills us all.

Would it help if I said I am the White Tiger of the West, once mighty inhabitant of the world of dreams, having fled to a frail mortal shell to avoid being devoured by the darkness invading my former home?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Perhaps…” She said with a bit of surprise on her features.

She was accustomed to the supernatural… but lacked the context to understand what she was just told.

“And your here to…?”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Save the world, what else? I was once one of the four guardians of the land, in a time long past and slowing fading to memory, only surviving in half forgotten tales. My duty however has not changed. I am, therefore I fight, no matter my form."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“That’s quite noble of you…” She offered, still trying to figure out what to think of the stranger.

“So… what do you think of the plan with ‘The Nine’?”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I would have expected three to five champions. Nine's a lot, it dilutes the story quite a bit. But that part seems to be non negotiable. Nine too entrenched of a symbolical number in this day and age.

But, details aside, good plan. The enemy's a dream now. The only way to defeat a dream is with a bigger dream. No person can strike at the darkness. But a legend can."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei nodded in reply but held a look of mild skepticism on her lips.

“From what they said yesterday you wouldn’t be able to be one of those legends… You okay with that?”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Yes?

I am old story. Tiger fought alongside three other companions, and now four has become an unholy number. Tiger's pride was infinite, as the sharpness of the claws and fangs had no equal, and they could jump to the other side of the land in a single bound. But all that I had, I had to left behind when I descended here, just out of the darkness' clutches.

The world needs saving. We must all do our part. Being or not being one of the nine vanguards does not alleviate our tasks even by the weight of one of Hummingbird's feathers."