Nanzi Ai

[Day 2 - MM] Kid A

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Scene Theme

The river had been a subject of several conversations so she decided to come and see it and of course not drink the forgetful waters. But at least lay eyes on the place that seemed even more mysterious than the frog or the always guarded shrine.

Being up all night, she had invited her littlest cousin to see the location, one to keep an eye on her and two because maybe the mystical child might have some insights on the strange river.

Of course she still had to stifle a yawn from the long night of not sleeping.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Re: [Day 2 - MM] Kid A

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Were you one of those who couldn't sleep, Ai-chan?" Nao was walking along the riverbank with her spear in hand and San beside her.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“That obvious” she replied with mild embarrassment, “My dreams were conflicted… or maybe spiteful. But a great deal happened yesterday, most of it expected some of it… not so much? Let me guess you slept just fine?”

“Mind the river, it is said it can erase memories.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"As fine as I ever do." she shrugged. "I don't sleep as much as most. I can help you, if you'd like. Magic can't quite replace a good night's sleep, but you'll feel awake and refreshed."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“There is such a thing to remove this… fatigue?” she responded. “I never spent much time with the witches and the Kuni tend to be very single minded in their focus… but I would be thankful for it, Nao-chan.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Agasha-neesan uses it all the time, when she refuses to take a break from research." she nodded. "I'm she's not the only one."

She ran her thumb along the head of her spear, drawing a small amount of blood into her palm. It changed and became as clear as water. She reached out to sprinkle it on her cousin, but Ai never felt the liquid. Instead, the fatigue was washed away and she felt alert and awake.

- - -
[Day 2 - MM] Kid A, Casting Rejuvenating Vapors on Nanzi Ai, ML 2, Deficiency, 2 wounds | 5k3 ⇒ 27 (TN: 15)

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai blinked feeling the fatigue wash away, it was an odd sensation but she felt upbeat now and said, “Thank you Nao-chan.”

“I hope you had pleasant dreams last night, and if there is anything I can aid you with you have but to ask. I mean that offer already stood but I felt it merited reiterating. Also… well, how are you doing after Shinsei’s announcement?”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I slept well." she nodded. The was a slight pause before she continued. "The announcement wasn't quite what I was expecting. I didn't think our gathering here would be what he said it is. But, I have confirmed that the threat is real. The enemy is already watching us."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"How did you confirm that?" she asked. "No one can leave the village."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"We've kept it secret since the Harbinger appeared that winter, but I have my mother's ability to travel to other realms in spirit form." she explained. "The secrecy didn't help. I visited Yume- Do last night, thinking I might simply get an idea of how in danger of corruption the sleepers in this area were. But, I found myself in the dream of someone already corrupted. And, face to face with the Harbinger."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She nodded and replied, "First, why have you kept it a secret? Second... you are sure it was the Harbinger?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"The thought was that I might become a target, if the enemy was aware I had the ability." she answered. "I had only used it a few times with my mother, or to visit my father, before we became aware that Yume Do was being corrupted. There are several people who know my mother can do it. But, my older siblings didn't inherit the ability. So, it was uncertain if I would."

"The Harbinger appeared as my sister described." she shrugged. "She spoke of how she and her beloved wanted to help mortals reach their greatness, by giving them the power to do so. That mankind would surpass grandmother and grandfather. The dream I was in involved blotting out the sun."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"The beloved may be this hidden Champion," she postulated.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I think so." she nodded. "She didn't say much more about them. We discussed whether or not they influenced what those who accepted their power dreamed of becoming."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Did she touch you? Yume-Jigoku can be... seductive, and offer power but it is all lies and vanity... the price is far too high," she said honestly.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"She did." Nao spoke as if she had just realized it. "Her fingers brushed across my cheek after she leaned in to tell me a secret."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:04 pm
"She did." Nao spoke as if she had just realized it. "Her fingers brushed across my cheek after she leaned in to tell me a secret."
“You must be very careful even in the dream world, such touches could be a chance for them to confer the Corruption into your soul, Nao-chan,” she tapped her jade necklace on her bare skin.

“You can never be too careful.”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She reached for the jade pine cone hanging around her neck, to make sure it was still there.

"I'll remember that, Ai-chan. Thank you."

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"That was... dangerous, Nao-chan, please use more caution in the future... still, what did you learn?" she responded.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Not as much as I would have liked and I'm not sure how much can be believed, to be honest." she admitted. "She suggested I had gone the wrong way, but I believe she pulled me to her. She knew me by name and noted that I was a long way from home."

"They are tempting people with power to achieve greatness. She said that want they to see a human reach their true apotheosis, and were simply trying to help. The secret she shared was a claim that grandmother and grandfather were once mortal, but not human. And, that humans had greater potential than they did.."

"She tempted me with a wager, offering information of the coming enemy. I had told her that most of us would choose be better than the darkness we're capable of. She wanted me to choose someone to grant power to, to see what path they would choose."

"I refused."

Accompanied By| San