Kaijarisuigyo

D3MA Rocky Philosophy (Open)

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Kai had understood there was some correlation between monks and rocks. Though she wasn't sure why Shinsei always carried the same rock around when they were so many good rocks available everywhere.

If the spirituality of the matter escaped her, she agreed with the practicality of it: They weren't many bad things that you couldn't hinder by dropping a big enough rock on them. It helped if it was a sacred rock of course. But just the weight of the thing was an argument in itself, able to break caparaces solid enough to stop a blade of steel.

Plus there was something deeply primal to that strategy able to short-circuit the brain of the enemy used to more elegant battle moves. Sometimes, you just aren't prepared to face a rock to the face.

But less thinking, more rock lifting. Kai wasn't going to build the muscles required for the even bigger rocks just by looking at the not as big rocks. Hence, she grabbed one and started raising it above her head. Good, not good enough.

---

Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Re: D3MA Rocky Philosophy (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And what story is this going to be? The one about how Tiger got a hernia?"

Sora approached at a half-amused, half-concerned amble.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"More like the story of how every spirit in the realm tried to lift up a kitten, only for the best of them to only manage to lift one of the kitten's pawns. Which turned to be quite impressive already, as the kitten was actually one of the Snakes that had made the world under a disguise, so big it could still wrap around it, and with a weight to match.

Depending on who tells the story, that champion was either Monkey using a lever or Tiger on their own strength alone. Both tales have their merits. And they agree that some great failures are worth more than some meager victories.

And don't worry. I know my limits, and how much I can push them. Wasn't always the case. But you live, you learn.

Ate today and all that old man?"
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

He made a shooing motion.

"Yes, yes, in the name of etiquette, I have received the blessings of Inari. I actually knew a man named Inari once, years ago. Still find it funny."

He cocked his head to the side.

"How have you been?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"That's the question that always calls for the answer ‘Fine, thanks you.’ no? If only because it's too complex to actually answer properly?

My body is fine. I've caught up on sleep and all. My spirit however is mild? Was expecting big changes from coming here. But, as of now, my days are mostly spent still honing owned skills and learning new ones, as before. Preparing for a battle, but without knowing what kind of battle."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Given the... spiritual nature of the threat, the battle might be fought on many fronts. Might be we need a little bit of everything."

He shrugged.

"Or it might be the chosen Thunders do all of the work and the rest of us nibble on snacks and wish them luck. But I find that unlikely."

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Oh, they will do all the work... when it will be their moment. The short instant when the story and the reality merge as one.

The before and the after of that flash of lightning, yes, everyone is likely to be very busy. Worlds do not end and begin anew quietly."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Y'know, it was only five years from the Tournament of the Kami to the rescue of Hisomu. Then we got a fifteen-year breather before this latest pain in the ass kicked in... this world does seem hellbent on new beginnings every time I turn around..."

Carries:

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Well time to rule out something."

Reo marches over to the river, seeing the others there but ignoring them for now. He scoops out the water into a cup and sticks his finger of Jade inside, curious to see if there is a reaction.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

There's not an immediate reaction. Given how slowly Jade changed even in the worst areas of the South, it would likely take hours if not days to react... if there's anything to react to.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo nods, mostly to himself then looks back over at the group.

"Hello there. Come to investigate the river?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Not exactly... I wouldn't know where to begin."

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"What did I try to tell you, again and again? Too much talking, not enough showing," said Kai as she lifted another boulder high above her head.

"Building up muscles by lifting progressively heavier things. Raw strength might be useful in the fight to come, as is being comfortable with one's physical body. The more your flesh can support your spirit, the better."