Haka Tae-soo

Asking for a friend (D3, EE)

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Apparently there the headmistress had invited everyone to her home for... something. A party? Dinner?

It was bound to be important... but from the last two days and some conversations, he wasn't sure he trusted the villagers a lot. And there was Ha-yeong... going with him might put him in danger, depending on what happened. Going and leaving him here alone might be dangerous for other reasons.

So simple dinner for them both it would be again.

He cast the line and waited.

A smile. He wasn't alone with Ha-yeong, he knew that much.

A cut, and he called a friend again.

------
D3 EE - Casting Commune with Water. 2 Raises for Clarity, 1 Raise to 'wake up' friendly Water spirit a bit from that sluggishness if it helps. TN 25. 3 wounds | 10k5 ⇒ 32 (TN: 25)
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Re: Asking for a friend (D3, EE)

Post by Canary »

The water ripples a little more actively this time, responding to his call.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

The smile widens, and Tae-soo bows, even though still holding the fishing rod.

"Happy to see you again, friend. Hope you've been well, despite... "

He gestures vaguely with one hand.

"Been meaning to ask... this fog, it looks, feels unnatural. Would you know if there something specific that's causing it??"

A moment goes by, maybe just waiting for a tug on the line, maybe just enjoying a friend's company.

"Is there still nothing I could do to help the spirit of Water here? Help the River, help if something's keeping the fog chained here... anything." A smile "Friends are here for each other. Please don't forget that"

----
A fishing roll while at that :) Let's say a Raise is called for better quality fish.

D3 EE - Fluff Fishing. Craft: Fishing/Perception. Raise for quality. | 7k4+4 ⇒ 52

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:54 am
The water ripples a little more actively this time, responding to his call.
(OOC: Tagging as I forgot to above!)

DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

It shows a series of images. Someone flying. Someone falling. Someone suddenly realizing they're naked in the middle of a festival. Someone trapped in a typhoon. All common dreams, seeming to suggest that that's what's causing it.

Meanwhile, Tae-soo pulls an an ayu - a sweetfish.

There's a pause before the next image shows, and finally it displays what seems to be an underground lake. On the walls are crystal desposits of strangely shaped iridescent stone, swirling with strange colors.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

The ayu is placed aside with a silent prayer and a word of thanks as Tae-soo looks at the images, with great attention, wondering. Iridescent stone... he'd have to think about that.

He nods, thoughtful, bows respectfully, smiling again. "Thanks for sharing that, friend. I'll do my best to help."

He then casts the line again.

(OOC: Fade to fishing!)

DescriptionTheme