Ryoshun Nao

Re: (Day 3, EA) Just Like Home

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"What happened here when that cycle ended?"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Some winters after the end of the last cycle... humans came here...
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She frowned. She had been too vague and there was only one question left. "Are these markers for human dead?"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yes...
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

The earth elements returned their attention elsewhere and Nao turned hers to Kaijarisuigyo.

"These markers are centuries old, but they are for human dead."

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I'm confused by what they call a cycle. The 1,000 years between each time light and dark clash for the fate of the world?"
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I think it may be something like that." she nodded. "I'm not familiar with that in particular, though."

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"So... Uh... What did we learn exactly? I feel as if not more confused than a few minutes prior."
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"This village has been here for a very long time." she answered. "But, different groups of people have lived here throughout its history. If these markers represent that history in its entirety, then the village was first settled at the end of or just after the last cycle."

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Hmm.

It's easy to make theories out of thin air.

For example, it could be like one of these islands cut from the mainland by the sea, except once in every century, when the tides recess so much you can walk on the ocean ground from one to the other.

Except, here, the island would be Jigoku, and that village a fort built across that centennial ford just after the last celestial war, so nothing bad can use that opportunity to cross.

But that's a human downfall to pile up and pile up ideas that sound pretty but are nonetheless fully untrue.

So, like, how do we obtain actual answers?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"That's a good question. I don't think the spirits here can tell me anything more, not without knowing the right questions." She sighed. "But, I am curious as to whether the other unique aspects of this area have been the way they are for just as long."

"As for theories, if the cycle does refer to a previous challenge from jigoku or another realm. It's possible that the challenge was settled here. That could explain the supernatural aspects of the area, the shrine, and even the festival. But, that's a theory with very little to support it."

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Thinking back of the festival, aren't you supposed to carry around the protective spirit of the place on such occasions? Take them out of the shrine for a stroll in their personal liter? I don't remember such thing happening.

Well, unless the spirit was already walking among us. How good is that magic of yours at revealing greater spirits when they're hiding under a mortal guise?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Unfortunately, that would be more my sister's expertise." she said. "There may be a few spells I could try, but I'd have to look into it."

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Was a far short anyway. More born of my desire to speak with the protective spirit to this place than of out factual basis.

... You wouldn't happen to be able to summon a pair of guardian lions either? Seems there would be right in their place guarding the shrine, or even the whole village."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"No. Was there an indication that the shrine had such guardians before?"

Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"No. But if this village works on a cycle, feels natural for each new group to update their defenses with the latest advance in magical protection. Especially if what's outside is keeping up with the times."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"You're right. We really need to consider every possible option." she agreed. "I'll see what I can come up with."

Accompanied By| San