Anjing

Re: At Centre Court [Day 3 LM - Expecting]

Post by Anjing »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:02 am

"Oh," she seemed surprised, but pleasantly so judging by her laugh. "Yeah, that... a mixed identity is about right. I hadn't really seen much of my cousins from the south yet at that point. So when I heard one of my Crane cousins were going to marry a handsome man..."

Satsuki brushed her hair away from her face as she smiled awkwardly.

"I thought he was the groom, so I thought I'd give him a hug to welcome him to the family. I didn't know then that they aren't so prickly about that." And in hindsight she was glad she hadn't hugged Hadananzi.
"Ha! Oh to have seen the look on his face! Probably almost killed him."
Leaning forward, as if this was a common topic of conversation.

"They're so picky about stuff, aren't they? Can't even just be a normal bow, has to be a special not too low not too high bow or they'll be insulted it was too respectful or some nonsense. Next thing I know nobody will look me in the eye and everyone is on their knees with their 'samas' and their 'donos' then they act more offended when you tell them to just speak plain. Tell me your family isn't going to get like that."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Anjing wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:06 am
snip
"He was as frozen in fear like he'd just been hugged by a ghost," Satsuki laughed warmly at the memory.

She leaned forward as well, munching on the nuts she had picked out. "Goodness, I really hope not. But the way mom and dad are, I don't think I should worry about that." Saruko was famously a very friendly person who liked hugs. As did Satsuki's siblings.

"Some people in the clan and some even good friends of mine insist on being all formal with me, especially in public. Can't say I really care for it honestly, but if they insist, I can't really stop them..."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:49 am

Snip
"Well, I mean." Anjing mimes punching someone in the jaw. "That'll stop most people from acting silly, at least after the first time. But, might ruin the whole 'good friends' thing. Guess it's just something we have to grin and bear...oh wait, they don't like smiling either, look politely bored and bear."
She laughs with a deep chuckle.

"I'm sure Hikaru can be rehabilitated. It's important for people to be able to touch the ones they love...uh, within reason, of course. There is always one's reputation to consider."
Although what Anjing considered a good reputation was doubtless a little less conventional.

"Ah, but I've probably overstayed my welcome, distracting you from what is important, or who is important, perhaps? I will return in a few days to make sure everything is tracking appropriately. And let me know if you need nice auntie...or mean auntie to help things along."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Anjing wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:57 am
snip
"It's just the way some people are, and they mean no harm by it," she assured Anjing with a smile.

"Your visit was a pleasure, auntie. You can stop by to just chat and exchange tea for treats too, of course, without having to be a nosy busybody," Satsuki winked teasingly at the older woman. "I appreciate it though, I really do. Anything else I can do for you before you go?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:00 am

"It's just the way some people are, and they mean no harm by it," she assured Anjing with a smile.

"Your visit was a pleasure, auntie. You can stop by to just chat and exchange tea for treats too, of course, without having to be a nosy busybody," Satsuki winked teasingly at the older woman. "I appreciate it though, I really do. Anything else I can do for you before you go?"
"Just tell me you'll be safe, and if you do anything foolhardy I'll be impressed afterwards? Hmmm? That will set my mind at ease."
She stands with a creak in her knees and starts packing her odds and ends a way, disappearing a few more snack into her pack.
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Anjing wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:02 am
snip
"Don't worry, I'll be safe. Big girl who can dress myself and all." She chuckled with mirth. "And promise me you'll stay safe too, hm?"

Of course, Satsuki pretended to not see Anjing ferret away some extra snacks for herself.
Theme | Profile

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:36 am
"Don't worry, I'll be safe. Big girl who can dress myself and all." She chuckled with mirth. "And promise me you'll stay safe too, hm?"

Of course, Satsuki pretended to not see Anjing ferret away some extra snacks for herself.
"Oh don't worry about me, I have plenty of good Crab watching my back, and your aunt still remembers how to hold her weapon. I'll be back in a day or two to see how you're doing. And it better be well I hear."

Anjing will go in for a tight hug on Satsuki.
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Anjing wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:48 am
"Oh don't worry about me, I have plenty of good Crab watching my back, and your aunt still remembers how to hold her weapon. I'll be back in a day or two to see how you're doing. And it better be well I hear."

Anjing will go in for a tight hug on Satsuki.
"Of course it will be, auntie Anjing," she chuckled and hugged Anjing tightly. It was a good feeling that brought back a whole lot of good memories from simpler times. Even if she was taller than Anjing now.

"May your path ahead be true."
Theme | Profile

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:32 am

"Of course it will be, auntie Anjing," she chuckled and hugged Anjing tightly. It was a good feeling that brought back a whole lot of good memories from simpler times. Even if she was taller than Anjing now.

"May your path ahead be true."
"And the sun light your way."
When did Satsuki get so tall? Kids these days, no respect for their shorter elders.

With a last squeeze and a smile Anjing bids her goodbye.

((thank you for the RP :D ))
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

/scene

(thank you :) )
Theme | Profile