Hisomu Tadaka

The Forgotten Brother [D5 MA Expecting]

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju knew he had to do this. He had to see his brother even if his brother didn't even know he existed. Well, he grabbed a book and looked for the man. This was going to go spectacularly.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Hantei Genji

Re: The Forgotten Brother [D5 MA Expecting]

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji was drinking tea at his tent, deep in thought. When he noticed a familiar figure, he gave a seated bow.

"Hisomu-san, greetings!"
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju bows low. "Hantei-sama. It is an honor. May have a bit of your time?" This was hard. He had tried to avoid Genji and his cousins as much as he could. But if he was here for a reason, then he needed to do this. After all, how could he face whatever destiny had in store for him if he couldn't face his own brother?

Besides. It was just fear. He wanted to see his brother again. It just hurt that the man had no idea who he was.

EDIT: Lost Love activated.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

A warm smie spread again. "Of course, of course. Please sit. Care for some tea, Hisomu-san?" He shifted slightly to provide more space for the Spider. There was an almost familiar feeling of the movement, like he has done in the past with the same person.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju gives a genuine smile. He missed this. He didn't realize how much until just now. Though of course, that makes it all the more bittersweet. "Thank you... Hantei-sama." He joins the man. The feeling was definitely familiar to him.

"I hope you have been well." Goju realizes that sounds a bit too familiar. "I'm sorry. I am Hisomu Goju."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

"I am fine..." he let out a small chuckle. "Despite the oncoming nightmares, I have been sleeping better than ever. I love my children, but the nights....the nights I don't love. Do you have a family Hisomu-san?"

He slowly poured some black tea to the Spider as well.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Aye. I have wife and a pair of twins. A boy and a girl. Though I don't get to see them as much as I would like. I'm a sailor and they're still a bit too young to take them to sea."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:56 am
"Aye. I have wife and a pair of twins. A boy and a girl. Though I don't get to see them as much as I would like. I'm a sailor and they're still a bit too young to take them to sea."
Genji nodded. "Twins! How do you ever manage? I feel having almost 3 winters of a difference makes it hard enough, even with Tenma-chan being quite helpful." He sighed. "I miss them..it must be terribly lonely for you on the sea, I reckon."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Well, I go to out to sea and leave it to my amazing wife." Goju chuckled. "She's the oldest of 6, so she has had experience and uncles and aunts to help."

As far the second part of his statement. "Aye. I miss them, but I know I am building them a better future. I miss them but well, missing the people I love is a common feeling." The irony is not lost on Goju.

"Well, actually that's why I came to you." He hands Genji what appears to be a children's book with illustrations. "I also have been writing stories them and other children, called Goju the Jellyfish. I'd like you to have a copy for your children. "

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:47 pm
"Well, I go to out to sea and leave it to my amazing wife." Goju chuckled. "She's the oldest of 6, so she has had experience and uncles and aunts to help."

As far the second part of his statement. "Aye. I miss them, but I know I am building them a better future. I miss them but well, missing the people I love is a common feeling." The irony is not lost on Goju.

"Well, actually that's why I came to you." He hands Genji what appears to be a children's book with illustrations. "I also have been writing stories them and other children, called Goju the Jellyfish. I'd like you to have a copy for your children. "
"Ah, lots of experience then. Sounds like a lovely, large family." He nodded, deep in understanding. "Hai, I understand. I was ont happy with the long journey here, but still, I know what I'm doing is worth it for them." His eyes light up at the book. "Oh my, that is magnificent Hisomu-san." He reached out to read it. "What a noble endeavor..truly magnificent. You wil have to visit one day and read the stories to them yourself."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

The story seemed to be about a jellyfish that got lost from its bloom and having adventures until it found a new bloom to stay with. The quality... probably needs work as Goju only has 1 in those skills.

"Aye. I would like that." Goju smiled. Maybe he couldnt be Genji's brother again, but they could be friends. "My wife, Sakura, suggested the next stories I write incorporate lessons for the children. I'm still thinking of what the lessons should be."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:04 pm
The story seemed to be about a jellyfish that got lost from its bloom and having adventures until it found a new bloom to stay with. The quality... probably needs work as Goju only has 1 in those skills.

"Aye. I would like that." Goju smiled. Maybe he couldnt be Genji's brother again, but they could be friends. "My wife, Sakura, suggested the next stories I write incorporate lessons for the children. I'm still thinking of what the lessons should be."
"Oh, sounds interesting...hm, perhaps you could alternate sailing lessons with some more general ones, like listen to your elders, love your siblings, don't go into the woods alone...stuff like that. Oh, and don't run with swords." He shook his head. "I was terrified when Tenma-chan started running with my blade once. No accidents, thankfully. Now, I laugh about it."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Well, I'm glad there was no accident. I definitely need to keep the swords locked up tight. I remember when I was five or so and tried to convince my brother that we should play sword fight with real swords because obviously it would be cooler. Thankfully, my brother had the common sense to refuse until the parents saw what he was doing and put a stop to it." Which was for the best sense Genji was always better with the sword.

Getting himself out of memories, he thinks about the rest of what Genji said. "Aye. Some good lessons in there. Especially the family ones." We don't know how important they are until we lose them.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:20 pm
"Well, I'm glad there was no accident. I definitely need to keep the swords locked up tight. I remember when I was five or so and tried to convince my brother that we should play sword fight with real swords because obviously it would be cooler. Thankfully, my brother had the common sense to refuse until the parents saw what he was doing and put a stop to it." Which was for the best sense Genji was always better with the sword.

Getting himself out of memories, he thinks about the rest of what Genji said. "Aye. Some good lessons in there. Especially the family ones." We don't know how important they are until we lose them.
"Ha, I recall something like that in my youth as well...maybe with my sister?" He seemed a bit confused. "It seems cool until fingers start flying. Will you be taking your twins to the sea when they're older?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:20 pm
"Ha, I recall something like that in my youth as well...maybe with my sister?" He seemed a bit confused. "It seems cool until fingers start flying. Will you be taking your twins to the sea when they're older?"
Sorry about that, Kazoku. I'll stop reminiscing about the past before you take the blame for anything else I do. "Aye. I plan on increasing the Spider's efforts in the seas. I hope my children will their own ships one day." Goju drinks his tea. He missed Genji's tea. "What about your children? What sort of hopes do you have for them?"