Doji Hikaru

Re: Shinsei's Briefing [Event, D1 MM]

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:28 pm
“If you’d like to. Though in Iai… I wouldn’t say I’m his best student.” She said with and smirk.
Gently, Hikaru shook his head. "I suspect modesty. Regardless, I feel that practice should be done both alone and with a partner. The latter to test your skills, and the former to reflect on what you have learned."

He went on. "The same holds true for other arts. Music, painting..." Hikaru waved a hand. "Does Lord Kakita teach of these?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

While she stood near Anjing she scanned the area for faces and was surprised to recognize many cousins. She took an interest in Han-Hei and Hikaru’s talk of swordsmanship but felt it best to leave it alone.

She produced her fan and just listened and observed.

OOC: PM is approached.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:59 am
"Th' O-Iemoto refined his methods from th' days afore th' Kami an' taught 'em t' others, includin' yours truly. Th' Lord Hantei seems t' find th' lot o' us useful, 'specially f'r keepin' tabs on th' less settled parts.

"Scoutin's a need, too."

Akutou adjusts his hat slightly.

"How all're you trained, ma'am?"
Ohta put a hand to her chin as she listened, nodding slightly before looking up at the question.

"Me? Mmmm... I'm a scout of sorts too. Not for the wilderness though; There are other places dangers can lie than the wilderness, after all."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:54 pm
Ohta put a hand to her chin as she listened, nodding slightly before looking up at the question.

"Me? Mmmm... I'm a scout of sorts too. Not for the wilderness though; There are other places dangers can lie than the wilderness, after all."
Akutou smiles openly.

"That's true 'nough," he says. "Lots o' places harbor all kinds o' unsavory types, y' know. Folks skulkin' around an' all that, gettin' inta all kindsa trouble."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:57 pm
snip
"People and spirits and... other things. Criminals and secret societies and long lost tribes. Things to discover and root out."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:57 pm
Snip
"You really love allegories, don't you?" Naraku stared blankly at Kai, he really has never met someone as weird as her. "But for the sake of argument, I would agree with you. Though he does seem to be strong enough to carry a rock around."

He chuckled, an oddity, as he told the last part.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:02 pm
"People and spirits and... other things. Criminals and secret societies and long lost tribes. Things to discover and root out."
"I think you an' I might have a lot t' discuss, ma'am," Akutou says. "It's a pleasure t've made your acquaintance, truly!"
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:12 pm
snip
"Yeah, the boulder thing confuses me too. A reference to the beetle rolling their ball?

It's also all relative. I suspect a lot of people in today's audience, maybe you included, have tricks of their own that would allow them to move such rock with even greater ease. Some magic of the spirits, an unordinary mount, or just good biceps. Archetypes are flexible.

As for allegories, in the land where gods walk and dreams take shape, they are more than poetry."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:33 pm
snip
"So Shinsei is carting away a pile of dung? But no, not all of us. If I had a boulder in front of me I doubt I could move such rock. Melting it on the other hand..." he nods pensively, thinking what would be the best concoction to melt through stone. An exercise for the future.

"The realms have always been there and the realms have always meandered into our land. Sometimes we heard about tales and other times we heard about fables though..." he shrugged "I wouldn't know. When I was born the Clans had mostly settled. That is a good 15 years before my time."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Makime

Post by Makime »

Ukyou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:22 am
Snip
Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm
He just about managed to not stick his tongue out at Ukyou over the sour grapes comment.

"Weird shit always follow that donkey around. We'll be swimming in it within the fiveday, I fucking tell you."

Well there was a lovely mental image.
"I find the word 'fuck' works best if used sparingly and at moments of extreme emphasis, Yuzuru-san." Makime remarked dryly. She had thought most Imperials were well-mannered and well-spoken. Her mental calculus on the Imperial families shifted, creating the Sora faction inside the greater Imperial household.

Chief characteristics: Foul mouthed
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:37 pm

Gently, Hikaru shook his head. "I suspect modesty. Regardless, I feel that practice should be done both alone and with a partner. The latter to test your skills, and the former to reflect on what you have learned."

He went on. "The same holds true for other arts. Music, painting..." Hikaru waved a hand. "Does Lord Kakita teach of these?"
She shook her head, “It’s not a focus of his training, no. He’s been much more focused on the creation of katana and their spreading throughout the Empire. It’s a spiritual thing for him and all… Sword and samurai.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei »

On the stone, Shinsei took a deep breath and opened his eyes, looking around at everyone. There are dark rings under his eyes. Despite that, he smiles at everyone gently, looking around to take in everyone.

"Everyone... I apologize that you had to wait." He bowed. "For those I have not met... I am Shinsei. It's an honor to be in the presence of heroes."
Monk | Ascetic | Enlightened

Honor: 8.0, Status: 1.0, Glory: 5.0

Run by GM Bakuriel

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao had simply been listening to the others. Her attention turned immediately to Shinsei when he finally spoke.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Looks like he just woke up… Worse than a few weeks ago… Maybe?

She nodded politely to her conversation partners while turning her attention to the man of the hour.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:14 pm
snip
Shinsei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:06 pm
snip
Ohta gave a nod to Akutou before turning to listen to what the Teacher had to say. This WAS why she was here, after all.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:15 pm
snip
Shinsei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:06 pm
snip
Akutou touches his hat-brim and makes a similar turn.

'Bout time, he thinks. Now let's see if'n all this is worth all this.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Saru Shang wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:18 pm
"Ah, Satsuki, then," she said with an earnest smile on that proposal being extended to her. It would make sense that they weren't so stiff with the formalities in this budding Empire when her parents barely even knew what a Kami was and were roaming the lands even before the first folded blade was even forged! "That would be most helpful. Well, it's all situational context anyway. What we see and feel before us is all already very tangible already, that goes when it comes to my pieces. I suppose not every village audience can appreciate that just yet. At the end of the day, some people would like to know what the heck they're even looking at.

Shang let out an audible gasp, admittedly cranking the drama a little higher than necessary. "Oh dear, if I had known there was going to be a storm, I would have considered spending my coins on a more sturdy tent and maybe even barter to get a horse of my own. This Shinsei is very inspiring, I've been told, enough to move the Kami into action...I suspect is more than enough to stop others from thinking about chasing him out on sight, of course. Village and commune pariahs with bad omens surrounding them suffer less kind fates...but this storm must be worth weathering, yes?" She looked to Satsuki for her opinion, surely she was more personally acquainted with the living legend.
"Painting and drawing must be a challenging medium for sure in that regard, compared to music or dance, I guess? A lot easier for folks to say they like that melody or rhythm, compared to trying to understand something abstract or different..." Satsuki mused over the idea of how to overcome that obstacle with an audience. Her younger brother would've had more ideas than her, being more of a showman than her.

She was going to comment on her knowledge of the legend when Shinsei finally spoke up, and she smiled to Shang before turning her attention to the man of the hour.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Anjing focuses herself and does her best to be patient. At least he was speaking now, hopefully the truth behind all of this would come out soon.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Makime Omoi

Post by Makime Omoi »

As their host began to speak Omoi bid his companion to sit with him and hi daughter, settling down and preparing to write every word down.
Lion Clan • Courtier • Historian • Great Destiny • Going Blind • Warrior at Heart • Widower • Father

Carries: Wakizashi, smoking pipe, cup, plain sandalwood chopsticks, coin purse, an old but well cared for scroll satchel decorated with tribal art
Character Profile: Here
Fiction: Home Repairs

Kai

Post by Kai »

Makime Omoi wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:54 am
"I'm sure there are many here who are unsure or skeptical, the past thirty-odd years have seen much upheaval in people's lives and Shinsei brings more of that. It's only natural that some will resist or be defensive, even the Kami are not universal in their opinion of him. You at least have the opportunity to hear him for yourself and decide."
"Have thee talked to him?" Kai wondered.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0