Matsu

Re: EE D6 - The Choosing of the Thunders (Key Event)

Post by Matsu »

The moment rested heavy on Matsu's broad shoulders. Looking about, seeing the melancholy of the scene as the gravity of the situation dawned on all those gathered. Those brown eyes looking about the crowd. They fell on the Nanzi woman, and the now married couple.

Matsu walked to where the trio, and Ranmaru, stood. She was confident when she arrived, and shelved her utter hatred of the Crane.

Looking to Hikaru, and then to Ai, she bowed her head. "I just want you both to know. Should we come across Lady Doji..." Her eyes narrowed, but there was a sadness there, "... in whatever hell we are walking into. I will help bring her home." The fire and anger that burned in her eyes for any force of corruption was bright.

"The demonfuckery will end."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:31 am
The moment rested heavy on Matsu's broad shoulders. Looking about, seeing the melancholy of the scene as the gravity of the situation dawned on all those gathered. Those brown eyes looking about the crowd. They fell on the Nanzi woman, and the now married couple.

Matsu walked to where the trio, and Ranmaru, stood. She was confident when she arrived, and shelved her utter hatred of the Crane.

Looking to Hikaru, and then to Ai, she bowed her head. "I just want you both to know. Should we come across Lady Doji..." Her eyes narrowed, but there was a sadness there, "... in whatever hell we are walking into. I will help bring her home." The fire and anger that burned in her eyes for any force of corruption was bright.

“I will be honored to have your aid in this endeavor, Matsu-dono,” she said proudly, even if she was still a bit wary.

Demonfuckery aside, she did not rise to the bait and added, “My Honored Mother will be fighting alongside us, even if we do not cross paths in the dream. Your honored father rescued my Uncle from Hell, we can do no less when the world has need of us.” .
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora, cradling the small Nezumi in his arms like one of his own children, closed his eyes against the sudden rush of sunlight.

And actually smiled.

So there you are, old girl! I was beginning to think you'd forgotten us here...

He turned, seeing the Thunders in quite literally a new light.

I actually know these people.

So that's nice.

He had no grand spiritual gifts to bestow, no blessings of the heavens to call forth.

But he went to each Thunder, in turn. And let his eye do a bit of theatrical glittering, as he stomped down the myriad futures he was now seeing around each Thunder.
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:22 pm
tag
"Ryoshun-san. They will need your guidance, as the only shugenja among them. I would offer you my own guidance, but it's nothing you haven't heard before. The enemy lies. But you were chosen, and we all see the why of it. You may doubt your ability to serve as Knowledge. Just remember that once, a barely-literate semi-barbarian was tasked with aiding in the the rescue of a Kami. You're more than enough."
Wu Zhe wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:23 pm
tag
"Time to stand, Wu-san. For the world, for the Empire, sure, but also for these people who have sheltered us this past week. And for her. It wasn't honor or duty that got Hisomu out of the pit, and love will have its day again."
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:49 pm
tag
"If your father and I have ever agreed on anything, it was that our children are world-beating miracles. It was an honor to fight beside you last night. It will be a greater one, in the years to come, to see what you do next."
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:31 pm
tag
"I'm glad to see the man you have become since arriving here. You are more of a menace to our enemy than you ever were before- and a better human being, in the bargain."
Matsu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:22 pm
tag
He gave the Spider a wry smile.

"Just pay him back for the punches his shadow gave me on the trip south. You ought to be big enough by now, hm?"
Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:52 pm
tag
He looked the Stag prince up and down.

"Heroism suits you almost as well as fatherhood, Hantei-san. And I have no doubt you'll do even better at it, because we both know it's easier."

He winked.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:42 am
tag
"We've had our differences. When you get this job done, I suspect we still will."

He bowed.

"I look forward to our next disagreement, Akodo-san. Because I know you won't back down from anything."
Otaku wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:16 pm
tag
"Jin's been waiting on this ever since we went South, before he'd ever even heard your name. Going to be no living with him when he hears he was right."

He bowed to the Ki-Rin.
Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:21 pm
tag
He was visibly struggling with his amusement as he spoke to the Scorpion.

"With your permission, I guess I'll be watching her back for a bit. You... try not to fuck this up, all right?"

[ooc: Assume he does his little bit with each in turn, at a point when it makes sense]
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:26 am
snip
Satsuki leaned to hear Ai's whisper, and with her free hand took a hold of her cousin's. Propriety be damned. "I could never think that of you," she murmured in return. "Thank you. And... please come back." The last words were accompanied by a firm squeeze of Ai's hand.
Matsu wrote:
snip
"We'll hold you to it, Matsu," Satsuki remarked to the Spider daimyo with an amazed smile. There had never been any doubt in her mind that Matsu would be among those chosen to be a hero for this occasion. "And Hikaru and I will make sure to hold the line so you all can be big heroes."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Matsu wrote:

Hikaru swallowed, his eyes briefly closing as he bowed. "Thank you, lady Matsu." He said, his voice rough. "That means a great deal to me. I do not know what hell you are walking into either, but know that our prayers go with you."

He turned to Ai. "And you as well, Ai-sama. Your parents would both be very proud of you."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

A lot had happened in the last few minutes, and it had taken a few minutes for Kenji to process. He wasn't nessacarily happy to be the Thunder or sad. It was simply a fact and he would accept it. Just another duty he had to attend to, much like any other.

The following blessings and announcements happened and the Lion watched them, taking them in but not particularly reacting until he was disturbed by i voice in the crowd.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:00 am
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:42 am
tag
"We've had our differences. When you get this job done, I suspect we still will."

He bowed.

"I look forward to our next disagreement, Akodo-san. Because I know you won't back down from anything."
I don't believe we are destined to meet again after this Jiyo-san." He replied simply. Perhaps giving the older man the disagreement he was looking for. Perhaps just stating what he believed was a fact.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:22 am
"I don't believe we are destined to meet again after this Jiyo-san." He replied simply. Perhaps giving the older man the disagreement he was looking for. Perhaps just stating what he believed was a fact.
"That's the spirit. Never given an inch."

With a bow, Sora moved on.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:21 am
Hikaru swallowed, his eyes briefly closing as he bowed. "Thank you, lady Matsu." He said, his voice rough. "That means a great deal to me. I do not know what hell you are walking into either, but know that our prayers go with you."

He turned to Ai. "And you as well, Ai-sama. Your parents would both be very proud of you."
“Hikaru-senpai, thank you,” she said warmly. Then Sora gave his kind words and she was once again silent but happy and then guilty for said happiness so fell into a state of humbled awe.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Chuchu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:03 pm
The shaman now walks to Otaku. The Ki-Rin gets a tiny hug on the leg as Chuchu whispers out the blessing.

"I do not know your Name, but I bless it. May your Name be as incorruptible one of the People's Names." Her forehead rests against Otaku. "It is in your people's nature to Dream, but they cannot Dream safely without you. Draw within your heart the Rot that plagues the Dreaming -- by your holy dreams pull apart that which is true and that which is corrupted -- and return that which belongs to the void to the void. Purify the Dreaming and your Name shall echo across eternity."
"..."

Otaku takes a moment to put her response to all this into words. In the end, it's no more or less than, "Thank you, little one. I won't fail."
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chuchu dozes in the Imperial's arms, ears and tail twitching every so often. She'd done everything she could.

The dream that started her journey here returns to her now. Her hand in a human's hand, swinging lightly as they walk together. She recognizes his face this time -- and the shaman squeezes. She'll make this dream a reality, too.
Last edited by Chuchu on Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:25 am
snip
Chuchu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:32 pm
snip
When the battle librarian came close with the little mouse-girl, Zhe double checked the little shaman.

''She look quite tired, is she well?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:38 am
''She look quite tired, is she well?''
"I think she gave a great deal of herself in those blessings, Wu-san. So make them count."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Well...I'll do all that I can but for now...'' the dragon reached out into a bag at his waist and drew a cloth pouch ''...my aunt always said that a good recovery needs good food. Give her this when she wakes up''

To no one's surprise, it was fresh cheese curds

Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:47 am
Cheeeeeeeese!
Sora took the bag with one hand without so much as jostling the little nezumi, many years of caring for children having made him pretty adept in this matter.

"I'm sure she'll be grateful, Wu-san. As am I."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He bowed his head

''I...will have some matters to discuss with you tomorrow before we reach the crux of things. I wish you a good evening for now.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:00 am
He bowed his head

''I...will have some matters to discuss with you tomorrow before we reach the crux of things. I wish you a good evening for now.''
"I imagine you will, Wu-san. Carry the Fortunes."

Sora carried Chuchu.

Carries:

Kai

Post by Kai »

Kai shrugged and

//exited
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime watched the proceedings in silence. She supposed that was it for her role in all this...the Lion Daimyo wasn't one for speeches so she simple visited each of the chosen in turn. Reminding them of the duty that know hung heavy open their shoulders, and the future of the realm depended on their success. Makime tried not to linger long with anyone Thunder, not wishing to show any favoritism to any individual.

She still had her doubts about this whole method, but there was little that could be done about it. The nine would win and darkness averted, or they would not and Makime would have to devise some other method to save her people. Already she considered the west, perhaps they could escape. Escape and rebuild for another reckoning if such become necessary. The Lioness made a silent prayer to fortunes that such contingencies would be unnecessary.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang would quietly observe the ceremonies when the Thunders were selected, quietly taking nothing of who was chosen and who was involved. There were a few scribbles and there she wanted to sketch certain features of the chosen Thunders for later. She would glance up for a moment and shake her head before going back to her own work.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku smiled at the words of Chuchu, giving her a small nod after she concluded her blessing. He also wanted to hug her and give her dumplings but the gravity of the proceedings might be harmed by that activity.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:00 am
Snip
He blushed at his words and nodded. "We will win Sora-san," his eyes moving towards Ai before turning back to Sora. "For all of us. For our future. For our tomorrow."

Once the blessings were over, he moved and headed towards Hikaru, Satsuki, Ai and Matsu were. His eyes did widen slightly as he approached the Matsu, her size not being so apparent when glanced at a distance.

"Companions," he says with a small smile, his eyes gazing all of the assembled, lingered on Ai, before setting on Satsuki. "What a day"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack