Doji Hikaru

Re: EE D6 - The Choosing of the Thunders (Key Event)

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:50 pm
He nodded at her words. "Why wouldn't there be? Ningen-Do will have a thousand years of peace and Jigoku would have been defeated once more. We can take a day to celebrate before we go to the task of making sure our descendants do not forget what happened here."
"Perhaps even more than a day." Hikaru murmured; he and Satsuki were still hand in hand. "After all, as my wife said, we have a great deal to celebrate." Hikaru flashed a quick grin; he very much enjoyed saying that word, wife.

He, too, followed Naraku's gaze. "Do you also have cause to celebrate, Hiruma-sama?" Hikaru asked, blandly polite.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai was not listening to the conversation between Hikaru and Naraku but surely if she were, the response would be judged with keen Doji prejudice.

Hypothetically.

Activate Doji's Discerning Judgment.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:57 pm
"Perhaps even more than a day." Hikaru murmured; he and Satsuki were still hand in hand. "After all, as my wife said, we have a great deal to celebrate." Hikaru flashed a quick grin; he very much enjoyed saying that word, wife.
The nezumi's ears perk at Hikaru's words. She mumbles something about babies before rolling over to nuzzle back into Sora's arms for a nap.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:45 pm
Chu starts from her sleep in Sora's arms to look at Kumori through half-lidded eyes. "Name... changed..." She yawns. "S'si'chu-per...i...per...i..." And her head starts to droop forward. "Thich." It's hard keeping her eyes open, but she's trying, for the favored pup of the chief-of-chiefs. It's important. "Thank you..." A tiny purring starts in her throat as she smiles at Kumori. "Please... let's all be friend friends... please?"
“Of course. Rest well, friend.” She says with a warm smile… with a warm radiance like the sun behind it.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:57 pm
snip
Naraku's reaction was slow at start. "Yes, your wife was right," he said before it slowly dawned to him; he looked between Hikaru and Satsuki before smiling with genuine joy "So your riddles were answered correctly Doji-san? I am so glad for both of you. Seriously!"

His joy did turn to slight bashfulness when he understood that his subtle gaze had been as subtle as a bull in a china shop. "O-Of Course," he cleared his throat. "Your marriage, the light at the end of the tunnel, many things..." he defended himself. And then gazed very quickly to Ai.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Your union is a bright light in this darkness and I am sure we will have many days to celebrate such a joyous union after the Day of Thunder passes with victory.”

She glanced at Naraku and said, “As I told you Hiruma-sama, you have nothing to fear from me, our brief disagreement has been mended. Even now he seems to think my blade will magically come to life to defend my Honor.”

“Hikaru-senpai, I am elated that you found all the answers to the riddles. There was no one more worthy than you,” she finished.
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru smiled brightly at both of them; it was an unusual expression for him, but it suited his features well. "I did, in fact. It was a challenge to be sure, but once I was on the right path, it was only a matter of..." Hikaru's lips pursed as he considered his words, "-finding the right expression." He said.

Turning to Ai, he bowed. "I should add, Ai-sama, that your advice helped to set me on that path. I shall be forever grateful." As he straightened, he cast a quick smile at Satsuki.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai preened and said, "I am pleased to have played a small part in your happiness."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

His eyes beamed when Ai approached them, though he kept his composure and decorum. "Nanzi-san I would like to believe that I count with at least two more days before your blade magically appears to punish me," he laughed. "Though I am glad I do not have nothing to fear from you."

His eyes lingered slightly before turning back to Hikaru. "A union to show the enemy there is nothing to fear them. Perhaps that is a tale that could be used for the scrolls. What better way to drag a dream than one that became reality?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

"I don't think there was ever any doubt that Hikaru would find the right answers, but I'm glad he had some people to nudge him in the right direction," she smiled happily, glancing to Hikaru of course as she spoke.

"... So will there be more to celebrate in the future, hm?" Satsuki's look from Ai to Naraku was hard to ignore.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm
"I don't think there was ever any doubt that Hikaru would find the right answers, but I'm glad he had some people to nudge him in the right direction," she smiled happily, glancing to Hikaru of course as she spoke.

"... So will there be more to celebrate in the future, hm?" Satsuki's look from Ai to Naraku was hard to ignore.
Ai replied calmly, “I spoke to my Honored Mother last night, in the dreaming… she has given me her blessing if an opportunity for a match should manifest. Of course surviving the Day of Thunder comes first but if so then I may entertain potential suitors and see if one is worthy.”

“She admires a political match but also one of genuine affection, it felt good to be of the same mind.”

She then gestured to her earrings, “She gifted me these, the very earrings my Honored Father gave her. I feel as if she is always with me.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 pm
Snip
He listens to Ai silently, nodding at her words. "Don't worry Nanzi-san," he finally spoke. "Whilst I might not be as skilled as you with the blade, I do promise to keep to your side and protect you until such a decision might be taken."

"She is always with you Nanzi-san," he blurted. "You would make any parent proud."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 pm
Ai replied calmly, “I spoke to my Honored Mother last night, in the dreaming… she has given me her blessing if an opportunity for a match should manifest. Of course surviving the Day of Thunder comes first but if so then I may entertain potential suitors and see if one is worthy.”

“She admires a political match but also one of genuine affection, it felt good to be of the same mind.”

She then gestured to her earrings, “She gifted me these, the very earrings my Honored Father gave her. I feel as if she is always with me.”
For a moment, there was a strange look on Hikaru's face, but then he smiled. "You did...?" He said, tilting his head, eyes narrowing as he studied the earrings. A moment passed, and then he nodded. "Yes. I have seen them many times. To bring something out of the dream world seems to be a sign of something. Clearly she very much wanted you to have them."

Hikaru's eyes closed for a moment. "And she is very much with you. And would want you to be happy." Hikaru's hand gave Satsuki's a tight squeeze; this was clearly an emotional moment for him, one that he no longer felt that he had to stoically bear alone.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao had withdrawn a bit, to watch everyone. She smiled at the various interactions, but her thoughts were clearly elsewhere.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:00 am
For a moment, there was a strange look on Hikaru's face, but then he smiled. "You did...?" He said, tilting his head, eyes narrowing as he studied the earrings. A moment passed, and then he nodded. "Yes. I have seen them many times. To bring something out of the dream world seems to be a sign of something. Clearly she very much wanted you to have them."

Hikaru's eyes closed for a moment. "And she is very much with you. And would want you to be happy." Hikaru's hand gave Satsuki's a tight squeeze; this was clearly an emotional moment for him, one that he no longer felt that he had to stoically bear alone.
"She is supporting us every step of the way, all of us," she said warmly.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

As things begin to wind down of all the varied blessings and offerings, Kyosei slows from his frantic writing, and sprinkles a bit of sand on the paper, to allow the ink to dry right. Then, he begins to put things away. He still keeps an ear out for anything else he should note down before he sleeps this night.
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:38 pm
Nao had withdrawn a bit, to watch everyone. She smiled at the various interactions, but her thoughts were clearly elsewhere.
As the other steps to the side, chance makes it approach Kyosei, who looks up from his kneeling position. "Ryoshun-sama, You are, as Jiyo-san noted, the only spiritspeaker that is going. I would offer, if you will accept, an additional invocation, of those I know, that the chances of this Realm may be increased. Might you be interested?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She looked up, no longer distracted by her thoughts. "I would be grateful for any assistance, Isawa-san. What did you have in mind?"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Perhaps an invocation to sustain you from the Earth Spirits?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"That would definitely be helpful." she nodded. "We don't know what we'll face, but I'm sure we'll need every advantage."

Accompanied By| San

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

While it takes a while, Kyosei talks the other spirit-speaker through the blood to be given, the words to be spoken, and the directions of will to be followed.