Ryoshun Nao

Re: EE D6 - The Choosing of the Thunders (Key Event)

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She nodded in understanding. "Oh, that should be very helpful."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:18 pm
Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:12 pm
"You're probably better at it", Norikage admitted. Well, less distracted by here rear end, anyway. He bowed. "I'll leave it to you., but...is your friend alright?" He said, asking after the Nezumi.
"She's tired. I think she dug deep for those blessings..."
Nozomi, looking spent, made her way over to her old friend and nodded down to the nezumi. "I think that she did give a lot up. And I think of this as her way to make sure the Nezumi stand with the Thunders in saving this world. It will be well used," she said, leaning against a post and looking just ... tired.

"It will be over, soon, old friend. I will take them to him. That... is my place, it seems. To watch it happen."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:57 pm
"It will be over, soon, old friend. I will take them to him. That... is my place, it seems. To watch it happen."
His tone was firm.

"To make it happen, if need be."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

snip
Last edited by Wu Zhe on Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:54 pm
His tone was firm.

"To make it happen, if need be."
She nodded once, grimly. True, she strongly suspected that her ability to involve herself was nothing more than supportive, but she didn't say anything as she heard the sound of the spear and glanced in Wu Zhe's direction, waiting to see what he needed.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:11 am
She nodded once, grimly. True, she strongly suspected that her ability to involve herself was nothing more than supportive.
He managed a half-smile.

"So. As the oldest of the damn kids going into that mess, look after the little ones, hm?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:20 am

He managed a half-smile.

"So. As the oldest of the damn kids going into that mess, look after the little ones, hm?"
"I have a few tricks up my sleeve to give them support. Most likely in ways they never imagined," she said, smirking a little sadly. "I certainly plan to look after them in your stead. You can't have the fun of saving all of us every time." The sadness overwhelmed the bemusement, though. It was hard to keep up the humor, her voice a little wan.

"I will tell you soon the story of how they triumphed. It will be the best story we share in the order."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:00 am
tag
"Fun, hell, about damn time you kids stepped up!"

He grinned through the pain, then, still cradling to little Nezumi, gave his old friend a nod.

"I reckon you'll get it done. All of you."

Carries:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:03 am
Nozomi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:00 am
tag
"Fun, hell, about damn time you kids stepped up!"

He grinned through the pain, then, still cradling to little Nezumi, gave his old friend a nod.

"I reckon you'll get it done. All of you."
"We never had a choice in the matter before. We'll do it now. And one day... they might still remember our names, but they'll get all the details wrong." She smiled to herself. "I ... will remind them as long as I can that he fought to the bitter end."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:18 am
"We never had a choice in the matter before. We'll do it now. And one day... they might still remember our names, but they'll get all the details wrong." She smiled to herself. "I ... will remind them as long as I can that he fought to the bitter end."
"I dunno, someone might write this stuff down, after all..."

He winked.

Carries:

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:47 pm
She nodded in understanding. "Oh, that should be very helpful."
He nods. "I have found it so. Particularly if you have time to prepare. It lasts a goodly while, and can help the body or the mind."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:20 am
Nozomi wrote:

He winked.
Kyosei looks over at the pair, and gives a nod. His notes, for once, were clear, legible, and complete.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:28 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:20 am
Nozomi wrote:

He winked.
Kyosei looks over at the pair, and gives a nod. His notes, for once, were clear, legible, and complete.
"I imagine when this is done, they will want an accounting, for the records." To the victors would go the spoils of telling the story one way or another.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:14 pm
"I imagine when this is done, they will want an accounting, for the records." To the victors would go the spoils of telling the story one way or another.
"I can think of few stories the libraries would want more..."

Carries:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:29 am
"I can think of few stories the libraries would want more..."
She looked at her friend forlornly and smiled. It was a somber, sad thing. "They will try to tell one of those tales, but while I have hope, old friend. We both know the reality. However... I will make sure that the story told of him is as kind as possible." Future generations, however, she could not guarantee.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm
She looked at her friend forlornly and smiled. It was a somber, sad thing. "They will try to tell one of those tales, but while I have hope, old friend. We both know the reality. However... I will make sure that the story told of him is as kind as possible." Future generations, however, she could not guarantee.
"If his guidance helps us win out? We'll still owe him a great deal."

Carries:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:27 am
Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm
"If his guidance helps us win out? We'll still owe him a great deal."
"All that he did before the darkness may take him. I'm glad that there are those who have not forgotten. I will help the Empire remember." She would end up making it her life's work, it seemed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:16 am
"All that he did before the darkness may take him. I'm glad that there are those who have not forgotten. I will help the Empire remember." She would end up making it her life's work, it seemed.
"Just remember one more thing, while you do that."

Sora leaned close and whispered into Nozomi's ear.

Carries:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:18 am
-snip-
"I know," she whispered softly and sighed, reaching up one hand to run through her hair. "I will always remember the good times. Thank you." Honestly, it was... nice to know that one or two knew her secret. Even if not most.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Anything I can do, let me know."

A pause.

"Soon as I get this little shaman here tucked into her bedroll, anyhow..."

Carries:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"She's already done so much. Get her some rest," she said with kind affection. "I... am glad one of the Nezumi could stand with us. I hope our bonds can stay strong in the years to come." At least... considering the Ongaku and the Nezumi? That hope was seeming to stand strong.