Matsu

Re: The Threads that Bind [D0, MA] (Spider)

Post by Matsu »

"Diverse skillsets can be fucking useful." She smiled as she returned from making sure her tent was set up properly. The Amazonian had her fur cloak, the same type her late father used for years. The common cloak of her entire family, lined for long patrols and harsh conditions. Fur would never go out of style for the Matsu.

"We'll have to see how useful we all are here. Given the way this place just feels."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:04 pm
"Shinsei? He does have his choices for people. I don't necessarily understand his choices, but they appear to always work on." Reo inclines his head. "Though I am surprised that you were this far from the shore, I am glad to have a diverse skillset"

"Aye. I'd rather be at sea, but at least I got to see the wife & kids before coming here. I enjoy the sea, but they are just growing up so fast." Goju smiles. He had many flaws, but he did love his family.
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:46 am
"Hisomu Goju..."

Ohta seemed to become thoughtful at the introduction, even as Reo spoke. When he was done, she spoke up herself.

"You... are that author, correct? Children's stories, if I recall. Hm. I can see someone like that not wanting to think about why they're here. Still, no boating and no writing I should think."

Though she knew the Little Teacher had reasons for everything. Probably knew things she did not about this Hisomu.
Goju perks up. "Oh. You heard about Goju the Jellyfish. I am honored." He made sure to say the name. It was the important part after all. "Well, it's possible that he wanted a scout, and I owe the monks one. I am fairly decent at such things. Or possibly because I used to be a Seeker of Name. But I'll wait until I am told before worrying." He did seem a little concerned. He found Name magic to be incredible and terrifying. He really didn't want to be around a bunch of Nezumi shaman performing some ritual.
Matsu wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:50 am
"Diverse skillsets can be fucking useful." She smiled as she returned from making sure her tent was set up properly. The Amazonian had her fur cloak, the same type her late father used for years. The common cloak of her entire family, lined for long patrols and harsh conditions. Fur would never go out of style for the Matsu.

"We'll have to see how useful we all are here. Given the way this place just feels."
Goju gives the woman a deep bow. "Matsu-sama." He was a little awed. She was his inspiration after all. "It is an honor to meet you."
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta bowed as well, even setting down the half-empty bowl of porridge to do so properly, "Indeed it is. And a set of diverse skills here would have been incomplete for the Spider without one of your family here, Matsu-sama. The fact it is yourself rather than someone trained by you..."

A small nod as the short woman picked her bowl back up, "Well, let us just say we are certainly in good hands when it comes to keeping an odd collection such as the rest of us safe."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Matsu!" Reo motions to the fire and the pot of food. "Help yourself."

"I don't think I ever properly thanked you for helping with Susu. He's off on his own path now, but he certainly wasn't to get what he needed from me."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"Any who have fought with me would do the job. Don't need to heap praise on me. I'm here because something is calling me here. Like it is time," she nodded, taking a bowl and scooping some food for herself from the pot. Sitting cross legged, she looked to her compatriots, while offering Ohta a smile.

"Technically my pa.... my father, may his soul rest, trained Susu with myself." Though she did make a small face at the mention of the man. While he was good at talking, Matsu never forgot the manner in which he patted her shoulder, like a child. The woman apparently had a long memory for slights.

Looking to Goju, she bowed her head slightly. It was still odd to see so many being deferential to her. It may take time to get used to that.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"It makes me wonder how much of a 'job' any of us will have though. I mean, we are here for a purpose, that much is clear. That man does not gather people idly, nor would anyone dare waste the time of so many samurai. But that doesn't mean I have any idea of what will be required of us."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo freezes for a minute. "I hadn't heard that he had passed. My condolances." He holds out a hand. "His sacrifice reminds me just how old those of us who went to the pit are getting." He looks over to Matsu. "You were a child then, and here you now are, the greatest warrior of the Clan." He shakes his head. "While the rest of us old farts have levelled off. You're something special Matsu-san."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade