Togashi Satsuki

Re: Dragon-gram for Love [D1, MA]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

"I'm not intent on leaving, but what of those who came here under a different impression? I wouldn't want those to get hurt in the crossfire of what might happen. Same for the villagers too, as there are children and families here. Must they die too?" she asked, concerned about the well-being of the others here that hadn't signed up for some grand destiny.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"We fight or we die," she replied. "No matter the reason that has brought them here, the Day of Thunder is coming."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

"You seem very certain," she noted, a tad worried that Ai didn't seem concerned for the local villagers who probably didn't choose to have this on their doorstep. "Not that I will shake your certainty," Satsuki assured, "perhaps it's a boon to be so sure."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I am certain, as is my Honored Father,” she replied.

“Even the circumstances of this village speak to Destiny, it was abandoned until a scant few years ago… the first to arrive found notes that gave them the tools to protect themselves from Yume-Jigoku, or so it is said. More importantly it seems to have worked, for now. One could look at that and see a trap or some dark design,” she said.

“But I see providence, providing us with an oasis in the darkness for the coming trials. Of course, it will not be completely safe, nothing ever truly is. But everyone here right now, is here by Destiny… be it Lords’ command, trickery, or simply seeking shelter; they are now a player in this apocalyptic tale.”

“Those that cannot defend themselves will rely on the gathered samurai to fight for them,” she finished.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

She nodded, thoughtful. "There is certainly something special about this village, yeah. I won't rule out a possible trap though, but so far I don't think it is." She needed more answers, and to investigate more.

"But I agree that it's our duty to defend those who can't defend themselves. It's our duty, as our parents swore to protect humanity, that we carry on that in their place."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I agree, have your powers of foresight or second sight... shown you anything?" she asked.

Togashi Satsuki

She shook her head. "Only that this place is like a... centerpoint of sorts, for what is going to happen. Eye of the storm perhaps is what some would say? Looking at it from the outside, I could sense that it was almost like a calling to come here."

There was a grimness to what lay ahead of them all. "If my foresight tells me anything more, well, then I will assume we are in grave danger."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"A samurai is inches away from death at all times," she said calmly. "If you learn anything, I would like to be kept aware. Knowledge and Courage will be needed in equal measure."

Togashi Satsuki

"Ignorance is a weapon the enemy uses against us," she agreed with a nod. "We'll keep each other appraised of what we learn, yeah?"
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Of course, as you can see I know very little," she said hesitantly and then added, "Do keep an eye out for a Fox-Faced girl, she is another trusted contact."

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki tapped her chin, connecting some dots from what Hoto-Hori had said. "A girl hiding in a fox-mask, yeah? I'll keep an eye out."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:22 pm
Satsuki tapped her chin, connecting some dots from what Hoto-Hori had said. "A girl hiding in a fox-mask, yeah? I'll keep an eye out."
"I know you don't like secrets, but she's family, our family," she said softly. "She does not want to be singled out, but well we have a duty to the Imperial Families."

"I pray that should be enough and of course, you did not hear it from me."

Togashi Satsuki

Now that explained more of what Hoto-Hori had been saying about 'girl trying so hard to be mysterious'. Oh dear. She suppressed a sigh. "I would've preferred if she wasn't hiding, but what she does is up to her. But I won't tell anyone."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I understand her, but also agree with you," she responded.

Togashi Satsuki

"We're children of Kami, very few tell us what to do," she responded with a chuckle. "But we'll keep an eye on each other's backs as we do what we can to help the people here. Even if not all of us are the chosen Champions of Thunder, it doesn't mean we can't do anything to do what is right."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"It's a suicide mission, whoever is chosen will not return most likely. I am prepared for that," she said confidently. "Are you?"

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki thought about it. "I don't know," came the honest reply.

"It's easy to say I would be, but I honestly don't know. Not yet."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Best to think on it, dear cousin," she offered. "No matter what happens we will all be needed, I doubt Yume-Jigoku is going to make the next few days easy for us."

Togashi Satsuki

"I will," she assured Ai. "I'm a Dragon - thinking on things is probably what we do best. Well, depending on who you ask." Satsuki laughed lightly. "I probably overthink too much, and get all caught up in what I would do, would've done, or how I can make things better."

"The past couple of years have been busy, so I guess coming here will finally make me stop long enough to think for myself."
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"There is only one way we make things better now, we win," she said honestly. "The outside world may as well be ten thousand steps away beyond the forest and mists."