Reiko Ohta

Re: Hour of the Moon? [D1, Late Night]

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Ah... so they thought to send bodyguards but not so much someone to make food more than base edible? I suppose that speaks well to priorities amongst your Family, though food is an awfully important part of life. I suppose I should know since I really lived off my rations coming here... swear I lost a bit of weight on the long journey. Though at least my horse ate well... and I'm sure he was well enough with his passenger losing a bit of the load on him, the poor old man."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

"Oh, I absolutely agree! Good food is important, but as long as the body is sustained, it's fine I guess," she laughed warmly. "If you can stomach milk and meat though, my kinsman Wu Zhe is much better at cooking than I am. You should seek him out if you like that type of food. It's not for me though, as I don't really like meat, and milk makes me... eh, unwell." Satsuki seemed a tad embarrassed about the latter part.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta ate slowly as Satsuki talked, taking only small sips of the oyuwari only to clear her throat. She certainly felt warmer between the warm food and warm drink, even with the mist clinging to everything.

"Hmmm... well, I will admit dairy doesn't agree with me the best either. Not much for cheeses or creams or such. But I am quite partial to meat, perhaps from a long time hunting various game in the Spider's forests. Also maybe because I grew up in southwest Spider lands, so not having fish every day of the week like in Matsu lands our east. My Spider mother is an EXCELLENT cook though, not something I ever learned from her other than the basics."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki smiled and chuckled along as Ohta spoke. "It's kinda funny to think about... my mom for all her talents is a terrible cook," she grinned as she said this and helped herself to some pickled vegetables at least. "I certainly didn't learn cooking from her, but there were always other people around to learn from at least."

"Were you born into the Spider clan, or did you join later, if I may ask?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Born in. My mother, Reiko Subaru, was once Subaru of the Isawa tribe. She had a gift for spiritual matters at a young age, and she followed Reiko-dono to the Spider. My other mother had been born into the Hikaru, though she's never been much for talking about back then. Regardless, when they got married, Reiko Subaru was definitely already a Spider. I've known naught else."

Togashi Satsuki

"Hikaru huh? I know Jiyo Sora used to be a part of that tribe before joining Shiba... maybe some relation or connections there, yeah? I don't know how big the Hikaru tribe was though. My mom used to be of the Ayakashi tribe, and she seems to talk about all of them as if they were her family."

She paused before taking another bite. "Not that they were all blood-related as far as I know, but just seems to be the way they talked. Or maybe just how she is. But you know Reiko then?" Satsuki asked with excitement as she rarely saw her blind aunt.
Theme | Profile

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Jiyo-sama did not remember my mother, though they would be about the same age I suppose... To my knowledge, the Hikaru did have a good bit of territory, so perhaps not so surprising. As to Reiko-dono... we have met, hai. But I could not say I know her, nor have spoken to her more than a few sentences. Though I can think of few things I would like more in the world than the chance to sit down with her and learn..."

Ohta sighed softly and trailed off, taking a bite of porridge before lifting the bowl and finishing the last bite.

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki sighed a little, thinking of family. "It's been so long since I've seen Reiko. I really hope she's doing well. And yeah, I'd love to have a chance to just sit and talk with her and Hisomu, to just learn so much from them." There was a shift of her shoulders as she shrugged. "But I've not been able to travel to them for quite some time now. The past five years have had me all over the Empire, but not in Spider lands."

"Hopefully after this is all over."
Theme | Profile

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"All over the Empire? That must be exciting. I'd not traveled more than a five day's journey from where I grew up before this. And that was already extremely interesting. Lion lands not so much, but I love the mountains; You can see them to the west from the keep, and it was always hard to decide whether to look east towards the forest or west towards the mountains."

Togashi Satsuki

"Mm... that's more like how I grew up. As children, my brothers and I didn't travel far from home, and the only people we met were close with the family, or were family." She seemed a tad embarrassed at how sheltered her first years had been. "But we got to see more of the Dragon lands as we got older thankfully."

"I didn't leave Dragon lands until five years ago, going to the Emperor's first winter court. After that, I've been traveling around with my dad in the southern lands, so I've seen the lands of the Crane, Scorpion, Lion, Stag, and even a bit of the Nezumi lands. It's... an experience for sure, to see how wide and varied our Empire is, but everyone also coming together."
Theme | Profile

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I could only dream of that kind of life, Togashi-sama. Not that I have not found satisfaction with my own duties and studies, but I must admit to be the sort of person who likes variety. In food and habits and surroundings. I've very little interest in staying one place my whole life and 'settling down' to a routine. Speaking of the Nezumi though..."

One last bite and she set the now empty bowl down, chopsticks properly rested against it, before a quick look around, "I had heard rumors there may be one about camp. I would not be surprised if the rats sent someone to aid the Teacher as well, honestly."