Hiruma Naraku

Re: Dreaming of Trees [Day 2, EM, Dreams]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:55 pm
"Have you not seen it? Have you not felt its presence? It spills out into the waking world, rotting your people and animals from the inside out." She pauses, shaking her head. "I would whisper it in your ear, once I know it, or could keep it hidden, if it should please you."
"Of course I have seen it. I have spent the last five years fighting against it," he said, the leaves rustling as wind picked up. "How do I know the enemy would not use my True Name, would she not be able to steal it from you?"

"Furthermore, how would it help? I just met you. I think you are a Nezumi. But how do I know it is not a trick?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

She sighs and skips off the pond. "I don't know, but -- the way you speak -- the Rot... is there a person at the center of it? What do you humans know of it?"
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:08 am
She sighs and skips off the pond. "I don't know, but -- the way you speak -- the Rot... is there a person at the center of it? What do you humans know of it?"
"I wouldn't call it a person, not anymore at least," Naraku admitted. "The forces of Yume-Jigoku seem to have an Harbinger, someone that is pushing its rot and assaulting our dreams..."

"I think it did not assault my dreams but I wouldn't know, I don't remember... I think it was hard to fall asleep but I did not have any nightmares."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:33 am
"I think it did not assault my dreams but I wouldn't know, I don't remember... I think it was hard to fall asleep but I did not have any nightmares."
"Hm." If there is a sentient force behind the Rot, it can be destroyed, and perhaps the Rot driven back with it.

"I'm glad you didn't have any nightmares, Naru," She finally says. "As for the question of what this... Harbinger... could access... if it truly has that kind of power, then anything can be a trick -- and you are right to be wary. I will not ask you to trust me now, but in time, if you ever have need of it, I will help."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:53 pm
Snip
He eyed the small rat with suspicion but pondered on her words. The truth was that he was winging much of what he was saying and besides some skim knowledge he knew nothing of the Nezumi. He certainly couldn't trust most accounts from his clan as they were clearly going to be filled by implicit bias against her race.

"I will do you a deal Great Number," he said, gauging her reaction. "I will allow you to uncover my name. You will not tell me my true name. In return you will wage your own True Name in looking after my true name and protecting it from any harm. Should harm come to it by a third party and by no volition of your own, then you will help me mend the damage done. Should you do harm to my name, then your own True Name shall be revealed."

"Do you agree?" he extended his hand

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:22 pm
"Do you agree?"
"Of course! I came here to help you, silly human. Of course I'll mend your Name if you are hurt." She gives a toothy grin before taking his hand and jumping back onto the water. There's a little splash and plenty of ripples from where she lands. Waiting for him to join her, she scoots back a bit once Naraku's on the pond, so they both fit evenly at the center.

Once they're together, Chuchu releases his hand to take the ritual dagger from her belt, raising her free hand to slice open its palm as her head cranes back to let her gaze into Naraku.

Black eyes shine and sparkle as the shaman peels back the layers he's cloaked himself with over his short lifetime. And then, as a drop of blood hits the water below, she blinks, and the spell is broken.

"Your Name is strange..."

[Day 2 - EM] Naraku's dream - Seek Name
TN 15 + 12 from Naraku's Ring + Insight | 7k4 ⇒ 36 (TN: 27)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:54 pm
"Your Name is strange..."
He cocked an eyebrow at her words. "What do you mean?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:06 pm
He cocked an eyebrow at her words. "What do you mean?"
"You carry two Names made one," Is all she says.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 pm
"You carry two Names made one," Is all she says.
He blinked and opened his mouth to respond, only to realize he knew nothing of what she was talking about. He pondered on what it could mean before he actually spoke. Was it a compound name? Was it a family true name and a given true name?

"I really have no idea what you are speaking of Great Number," he finally replied. "Is it bad? good?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:10 pm
"I really have no idea what you are speaking of Great Number," he finally replied. "Is it bad? good?"
"It's just strange. Your root... that which you come from, and will return to... is delicately intertwined with another." She lifts up a braid. "Like this."

[Day 2 - EM] Naraku's dream - Name Lore | 8k3 ⇒ 24 (TN: 27)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:18 pm
snip
"Is that normal? Have you ever seen something like that?" he asks genuinely curious

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:30 pm
"Is that normal? Have you ever seen something like that?"
"No, but that doesn't make it bad. So please don't worry!" She nods to emphasize this. "When this is all over, you should come down to the capital, so you can learn more!"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 am
snip
"You know... I wouldn't mind," he admitted. "I actually never really understand the animosity between us. I have heard your people are immune to the touch of the enemy and that for me... is trust enough."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:18 am
"I actually never really understand the animosity between us. I have heard your people are immune to the touch of the enemy and that for me... is trust enough."
That pleases her, and she gives a little purr. "We are, and I can smell it! When I am there, if you will tell me where to look, I can sniff it out and heal it, and if it can't be healed..." Chuchu looks to the dagger.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:34 am
Snip
Her reaction made him smile, the Nezumi in front of him was surely very young and that was something that transcended the species boundary.

"It is good to see you have the ideas in the right place Great Number."

He looked at the forest and sighed

"Well now, you have seen my name... Do you know why did I dream about this forest?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:53 am
"Well now, you have seen my name... Do you know why did I dream about this forest?"
She shakes her head. "No, I'm sorry. Maybe someday I can tell you. Do you dream of this place often?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:58 am
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:53 am
She shakes her head. "No, I'm sorry. Maybe someday I can tell you. Do you dream of this place often?"
"I think so... It is very familiar to be honest," he looks around as he feels something that feels undeniably like home. "What about you Great Name, when are you arriving here? Or are you going to stay simply in our dreams?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am
"What about you Great Name, when are you arriving here? Or are you going to stay simply in our dreams?"
She takes note of that. "I think I should be with you by tomorrow... I have to meet someone in a garden... Grandmother said so. Is there a garden?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 am
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am
"What about you Great Name, when are you arriving here? Or are you going to stay simply in our dreams?"
She takes note of that. "I think I should be with you by tomorrow... I have to meet someone in a garden... Grandmother said so. Is there a garden?"
He rubs his chin and thinks "Like a garden garden? Or is this another of your riddles?"

"If it is a garden garden, we do have one. I heard it is pretty but haven't visited it yet."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:12 am
"If it is a garden garden, we do have one. I heard it is pretty but haven't visited it yet."
"Yes, a garden!" She squeaks out -- has she not been speaking right? "I'll be there tomorrow, or I'll try to, if you want to see me then."