Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 2 - EM] Fake Plastic Trees

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:34 pm
"I am inclined to agree. Very little about this whole... scenario feels coincidental."
“I am curious, why did you not out it when you had the chance… this second time? I would have figured you one of the more ardent hunters of the raven. Do you truly believe it can be redeemed?” she asked.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:40 pm
“I am curious, why did you not out it when you had the chance… this second time? I would have figured you one of the more ardent hunters of the raven. Do you truly believe it can be redeemed?” she asked.
"Because the Crow was there and seemed to be calling the shots. If the Crow has the Raven in train... well. I'm prepared to observe. For the time being. ANd if things go awry... I brought ten fingers of jade with me."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I see," she responded. Another puzzle piece slotted into place. "I will trust in you and the Crow, then. Since we are clearing the air, what are we to do with the Fox-Faced Ronin? She did not take lightly that she might have to sit this battle out and not give her life as a Thunder.""
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I honestly don't know. Some things she will have to do for herself. But as her friend, I would ask that you be there for her."

He shrugged.

"It's all I can do, for my part."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"She ever has my friendship, I am just worried," she said honestly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"So am I, Nanzi-san, so am I. But restraining her would be a cruelty, even if you could work out how to do it. She's got a good head on her shoulders. I believe she'll work things out."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I am worried about everyone," she said honestly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Of course you are."

He actually smiled at that.

"Why else would you be here, so far from your family?"

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I have been thinking about that, my Honored father always told us this day would come and that it would be our role to fight in it. I was , and am prepared to give my life for the realm, but just being here is enough. If I am Thunder then I will do what must be done, if not then I will still do what must be done,” she said honestly.

“I had thought I needed to be at the center, but how could I caution my dearest friend from martyrdom if I sought the same. This is bigger than me, so just being here is enough. I have the Courage to go forward, but I cannot become some fixated that on such a thing. It will just be another way that Yume-Jigoku will try and twist me,” she responded.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora nodded.

"Wisely said, Nanzi-san.The Three Sins are Desire, Regret, and Fear, and our enemy will exploit any of them it can. The fewer handholds you allow the foe, the stronger you are in the face of it."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She did not expect that response and nodded, "I... yes, it is as you say, Jiyo-sama. The enemy will stop at nothing to deter us from victory. We will do all you can to get you back to your family, and perhaps a well deserved retirement."

"If Shinsei calls again, we'll say you are resting," she mused.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Like that jerk ever leaves anything to chance."

He grinned.

"But when I get home, I fully intend to not wear my armor again for at least a year, duty permitting."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“They say that good work is rewarded with more work,” she said warmly. “I pray you have leave to relax and focus on other pursuits. I am sure Shiba-ojisan can give you some leave for saving the world twice… perhaps a week or so.”

“Seems commensurate.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Given what Kinyoubi has to manage when I'm away, I'd spend the whole week looking after the children- she deserves the break more than I."

He grinned.

"Or maybe we can go fishing. I used to take Tokiwa, Osakabe, Shikibu, Tae, and Kumori, when they were little, and of course Shirayuki, Phi, and Soryu got a few trips, but... Reiko and Kozan were born after this war began. They need their turn."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"They deserve a good fishing trip, now that I will fight for," she said warmly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Tooth and nail, Nanzi-san, tooth and nail. Do you ever go fishing?"

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I have on occasion, I once traveled the realm as your once erst-while ward, with Father's permission of course," she responded.

"It takes a great deal of patience."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Only if you're trying to actually catch anything. If you get the chance, I wouldn't mind showing you the other method- it involves setting a net and then doing a lot of reading."

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:09 pm
"Only if you're trying to actually catch anything. If you get the chance, I wouldn't mind showing you the other method- it involves setting a net and then doing a lot of reading."
"Now that would be worthwhile to learn," she admitted.

She began packing her things and said, "I appreciate your time Jiyo-sama, and thank you for sharing your wisdom."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I thank you, Nanzi-san, for an engaging conversation- and for excellent tea."

He bowed formally.

"If I may say so, conversations such as these make me feel better about the future than I think you can truly know."

Carries: