Matsu

Re: Let's Make Something of the Place II [D2, EE]

Post by Matsu »

Her eyes brightened quite a bit. "Really! Archery!" She could hardly contain her excitement at that. While she was familiar with the weapon to hunt, she had no great skill with it. Matsu was excited to hear that Shang could be a good shot. "I always enjoy watching archery in practice. Even if only just in target practice."

She looked again to the work being done around them. "It is interesting. I would have to speak with others who are more talented in building structures, but I'd find that useful to learn... and interested in seeing it apply in all villages and Shiro around."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Matsu's reaction might have just startled Shang a tad but nevertheless, she tittered on an abashed note. "...I'm pleased by your enthusiasm for my mundane practice, Matsu-sama. Actually, I did display it in a creative fashion at today's village gathering when we fashioned those effigies for their location tradition. I'm not so sure if it adhered to the custom in the strict sense but it was an artistic display nevertheless!"

"I'm sure it can be a cooperative learning opportunity, even for someone not versed in masonry or woodworking...that said, I'm sure a lot of these existing buildings can be studied in the same way. They are impressive and curious! Especially for such a humble village outside of the Empire's protectorate. Were I more bold, I would have invited myself to the headwoman's house for just that reason. Supposedly, many of these buildings weren't originally the villages, from what I hear?"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Saru Shang wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:15 pm
Matsu's reaction might have just startled Shang a tad but nevertheless, she tittered on an abashed note. "...I'm pleased by your enthusiasm for my mundane practice, Matsu-sama. Actually, I did display it in a creative fashion at today's village gathering when we fashioned those effigies for their location tradition. I'm not so sure if it adhered to the custom in the strict sense but it was an artistic display nevertheless!"

"I'm sure it can be a cooperative learning opportunity, even for someone not versed in masonry or woodworking...that said, I'm sure a lot of these existing buildings can be studied in the same way. They are impressive and curious! Especially for such a humble village outside of the Empire's protectorate. Were I more bold, I would have invited myself to the headwoman's house for just that reason. Supposedly, many of these buildings weren't originally the villages, from what I hear?"
"I'll have to talk to some of my fellow Spider, but I definitely think the Crab would have some who would be most interested. I'm... outside of music, outside of my depth with studying like that." She confessed, though she was enchanted by the tittering.

She looked at Shang, then to the buildings. "How could we bring this to all our Shiros... or make something larger..."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Matsu wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:21 am
"I'll have to talk to some of my fellow Spider, but I definitely think the Crab would have some who would be most interested. I'm... outside of music, outside of my depth with studying like that." She confessed, though she was enchanted by the tittering.

She looked at Shang, then to the buildings. "How could we bring this to all our Shiros... or make something larger..."
"Oh, outside mine as well, Matsu-sama," she said with an amused giggle. "It doesn't stop me from imagining the possibilities in the slightest. Surely, there must be some architectural nightmare and managing conundrum with such a proposal. You have to get the ideas out there, sometimes. If you can't imagine it, then it just won't happen! I'm sure more capable minds can iron out the details when they get to it. Just a generation ago, we were so content with just longhouses and stone holdings. It seems obvious we're capable of so much more now."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Saru Shang wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:53 am
Matsu wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:21 am

"Oh, outside mine as well, Matsu-sama," she said with an amused giggle. "It doesn't stop me from imagining the possibilities in the slightest. Surely, there must be some architectural nightmare and managing conundrum with such a proposal. You have to get the ideas out there, sometimes. If you can't imagine it, then it just won't happen! I'm sure more capable minds can iron out the details when they get to it. Just a generation ago, we were so content with just longhouses and stone holdings. It seems obvious we're capable of so much more now."
"True. Especially as the tribes have banded together, and how all of our families within each Clan works." Matsu seemed taken by the words, thinking of the possibilities. "And I imagine that those who follow after us will imagine more than we ever could. Who knows how time will show what we can do." The Amazon added in bemusement.

"I know it's a busy time now. Maybe we can make time to talk more? Take our minds off of the work that needs done?"

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Matsu wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:50 pm
"True. Especially as the tribes have banded together, and how all of our families within each Clan works." Matsu seemed taken by the words, thinking of the possibilities. "And I imagine that those who follow after us will imagine more than we ever could. Who knows how time will show what we can do." The Amazon added in bemusement.

"I know it's a busy time now. Maybe we can make time to talk more? Take our minds off of the work that needs done?"
"Now you're catching on, Matsu-sama," she nodded in further encouragement as Matsu built atop her idea, so to speak. "Oh, my apologies, I guess I was conceptualizing more than actually putting the building blocks together. The former is far too easy in my livelihood, admittedly. It's likely best that I let you get back to your work. My schedule is open if you wish to talk again, of course."

Description