Reiko Ohta

Re: (Day 3, LM) - Spider Silk Surgery

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Mmmm... I am a member of the Seekers of Knowledge. The school tends to teach a wide variety of skills, but medicine was more of a preference of my own than something suggested to me. Though it fit right in with my other studies... honestly, I feel like I should have given it more attention and not so much attention to horseback riding, which distinctly was not something they had sensei to teach me at the dojo."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Oh, the lady yesterday had a horse."

Yukara nodded. "I had not seen one used in battle before. It seemed a powerful advantage - speed and strength together."

Rubbing her neck, she inquired, "So as a Seeker of Knowledge, do you pursue spiritual matters, or more mundane ones? Or both?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"A steed in battle? That narrows it down greatly..." she half said to herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully before looking up from her reverie, "And both, really. I do wish I knew more about spiritual matters, really. But when comparing oneself to a priestess or shugenja, I suppose I am asking too much. It certainly feels it would be of help here though."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"As one supposedly versed in spiritual matters... I am in many ways as mystified as you are. Perhaps more so."

Yukara chuckled, dryly, and then winced. "This place is unlike the world I know - and the things which I study do not align themselves with the mysteries that I find here. I do not know if anyone here is truly aware of what is happening, save perhaps rock-sensei."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I cannot help but think Reiko-dono would be able to solve the mystery of this place. Or perhaps even my mother... Between the two of them, the Teacher would have nothing to worry about besides the spiritual matters he himself tends to. I could try, but those two are much, MUCH wiser than me with experience, and can see and talk to spirits."

Ohta frowned, chin going back into her small hand, "...I find my senses and the body I inhabit to be dreadful limitations on my duties sometimes."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I can sympathize." Yukara stated, dryly.

Ignoring the obvious, she continued, "There was a wise woman in a village I visited once. She could see the past by touching objects... who had owned them. What had happened with them last. Marvelous technique, and one I could use to such great effect, if only I could replicate it. I could not, however, and so it was only a curiosity I encountered once, and then had to leave behind."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I hope I did not offend, Ryoshun-san. I know I should not complain; We all have our own duties and challenges and we must do our best with what we have. I have a hard time not comparing myself against those who came before me."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"You did not."

Yukara sighed. "I simply understand what you mean quite keenly today. We all wish we were.... more than we are."

There seemed to be a great deal of sentiment beneath that surface, but she brushed it aside. "Nonetheless, I presume your duty is not your entire life. Have you family? Hobbies? I saw so little, before I came here, and now I discover the world is quite large."

Perhaps in hearing what you do... I will find what I am to do...

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I have my parents of course, and I know one aunt well enough. And friends. It is a small circle of people, but it meets my needs. After all, one must balance doing one's duty and taking care of one's needs, social and relaxation and such. For instance, I'm sure I'll be months without any of them while I'm here. Though I suppose I might be able to write. If there was a way to get the letters here to there."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah... I can see that it is a blessing but also a burden - interesting how so many things carry both aspects."

Yukara chuckled. "Life is never simple, is it?"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"It wouldn't be nearly so interesting if it were simple, hai. I feel lucky to live in an interesting world and in interesting times, even if it can be stressful sometimes."

Putting her kit into her back and hanging the bag from her shoulder, Ohta nods, "Is there anything else I can do for you? I will say, if you want to go to the hot baths here, I would make sure to wait a bit for the adhesive on the bandages to set."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"No... nothing that I can think of."

Yukara gave a stiff and shallow bow. "As I stated before, you have my thanks. If there is ever something I can do for you, you need only ask."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I will keep that in mind, but don't worry about it too much Ryoshun-san. If there's anything you can do for me, it's getting better."

A nod, a small smile, then Ohta excused herself and left the tent. /exit