Shiba Kumori

Re: Shinsei's Briefing [Event, D1 MM]

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei remained quiet as the news continued to permeate around the crowd.

One hell of a gamble… Everything on nine people… There’s so much more to the empire than nine people…

I don’t get why we have to play this game…
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:22 am
Her smile became a grin as she watched Shang's reaction. In fact, Satsuki was mighty pleased with herself that the idea seemed so positively received.

"If anyone can accomplish something like that, I think it will be you. Ah, hm, would you need anything for such a project? Something I, or others, could help you with perhaps?" She was not the artist, but she loved the arts nonetheless. Anything needed for such an undertaking, the princess would be more than happy to help out.
"I hope to reciprocate your kind words," she said with a titter as she raised her fan to her lips. "And thank you for the generous offer. I suppose I could start collecting inspiration by interviewing those gathered here. Even if not everyone can be the sole representative of their Clan for the important mission, it would be good to know what brought anyone and everyone here. Where they come from and what they miss back home. Of course, it would be good to speak to each of these Champions, if they make themselves obvious. If this is a legend in the making, this might be my one and only chance to know them better. I wouldn't think of myself as a historian but when the present is great at it is, anything we do could be considered history!"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:52 am
Ayako listened respectfully to the revered Shinsei's every word, before turning back to Matsu.

"Well, that's quite a big revelation!" she remarked. "Nine Champions of the World, wow! I bet you'll be one of them, Matsu. I suppose I'd better see if Lady Anjing needs any help getting ready for this thing."
She listened to the words of Shinsei with a sort of grim stoicism that best channeled her late father. Even as she had told Ayako to relax, there was something that set Matsu's spine, and she found her posture straightening. Her lips pursed into a hard line, and then the words of her listening companion shook her.

"If I am called, I will do what I must." She replied, no hesitation in her tone. Yet still that sense of unease at someone revering her so. "It'll take more than just nine, though, if it is evil. Wars aren't just won on the heroics of a few. It takes many hands, and the bravery of everyone in the Empire."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:54 pm
Snip
"Uh. I imagine... he didn't call all of us himself though, did he?", the young man answers - and his question is answered not long after when the monk finally speaks The question seemed to be partly due to himself wondering about something - maybe his own reasons to be here. And the monk's words don't seem to quite answer it.

"Tae-soo. Eh, Haka Tae-soo", he quickly corrects himself. "Pleased to meet you, Wu-nim." The words are said with a small smile, but the man's mind seems elsewhere after what the monk said. His eyes shift back towards where the river would be, time and again.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Otaku wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 am
Otaku's lips quirk in genuine amusement. "Size doesn't make a warrior," she says softly. (She has a very pretty voice, which in all probability is only lowering Ranmaru's assessment of her warrior potential.)

If she could read the shirtless hero's thoughts, and if she were quick with words like her husband Ide, Otaku might suggest to him that a destiny which misleads people could be no true destiny at all. But no telepathy here, for better or worse.

After listening a bit more, she tilts her head toward Ranmaru and asks him--he's right there, after all, might as well--"Who are Nozomi and Ukyou? Do you know them?"
"Hmm... True," he said, even though he appreciated size in itself. However, he was more about performance above all else. Some men of shorter stature were magnificent too.

At first, it was actually that Ranmaru thought that these women were mislead on the basis of destiny and that nothing but feminine foolery had led them here. But when he did consider that destiny itself might have brought them there, it took a bit for him to discover the next part of it: fate could take these lost women and lead them to believe the truth instead! The truth being, of course, that women are soft and should not do things like fighting.

Sometimes, it really was a wonder how far he could stretch his logic.

It also would have been satisfying to say something snarky to her about her question. However, he simply said, "I have no idea who those people are."
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:08 am
Snip
Anjing takes a moment to adopt her most polite tone before calling out to the holy man.

"What role does your stone play in all of this?"

A magical artifact? A symbol of humility? A pretty impressive weight-lifting regime? She was deeply curious.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:50 am
Otaku wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 am
Otaku's lips quirk in genuine amusement. "Size doesn't make a warrior," she says softly. (She has a very pretty voice, which in all probability is only lowering Ranmaru's assessment of her warrior potential.)

If she could read the shirtless hero's thoughts, and if she were quick with words like her husband Ide, Otaku might suggest to him that a destiny which misleads people could be no true destiny at all. But no telepathy here, for better or worse.

After listening a bit more, she tilts her head toward Ranmaru and asks him--he's right there, after all, might as well--"Who are Nozomi and Ukyou? Do you know them?"
"Hmm... True," he said, even though he appreciated size in itself. However, he was more about performance above all else. Some men of shorter stature were magnificent too.

At first, it was actually that Ranmaru thought that these women were mislead on the basis of destiny and that nothing but feminine foolery had led them here. But when he did consider that destiny itself might have brought them there, it took a bit for him to discover the next part of it: fate could take these lost women and lead them to believe the truth instead! The truth being, of course, that women are soft and should not do things like fighting.

Sometimes, it really was a wonder how far he could stretch his logic.

It also would have been satisfying to say something snarky to her about her question. However, he simply said, "I have no idea who those people are."
Perking up at hearing his name, Ukyou (speaking of short men), leaned over and waved. "I'm Ukyou! For anyone wondering." He pointed to Nozomi, over near Sora and some of the others. "That's Nozomi."
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei »

Anjing wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 am
Anjing takes a moment to adopt her most polite tone before calling out to the holy man.

"What role does your stone play in all of this?"

A magical artifact? A symbol of humility? A pretty impressive weight-lifting regime? She was deeply curious.
Shinsei looks amused. "It's a comfortable seat."
Monk | Ascetic | Enlightened

Honor: 8.0, Status: 1.0, Glory: 5.0

Run by GM Bakuriel

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:46 am
Anjing nods at him. Mad or not, carrying around a giant stone seat was literally an incredible flex.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:19 am
"I hope to reciprocate your kind words," she said with a titter as she raised her fan to her lips. "And thank you for the generous offer. I suppose I could start collecting inspiration by interviewing those gathered here. Even if not everyone can be the sole representative of their Clan for the important mission, it would be good to know what brought anyone and everyone here. Where they come from and what they miss back home. Of course, it would be good to speak to each of these Champions, if they make themselves obvious. If this is a legend in the making, this might be my one and only chance to know them better. I wouldn't think of myself as a historian but when the present is great at it is, anything we do could be considered history!"
"Historians is one thing, to remember history as it happened for the sake of records and all," she stretched a bit, as it seemed the purpose of the meeting was concluded. At this point, she didn't know where she'd fit into all this, but she was certain that it would be revealed in time to her. "But storytellers and artists remember history in a way that will inspire us for generations to come, I think. Like, imagine if someone made an epic painting of when Hisomu was rescued? It would be a lot more awesome than just hearing that so-and-so was there and did the rescue."

The less said about a certain play, the better though. Poor Matsu had been rather hurt that night.

"I didn't think until now that what happens here will go down in history though. Feels kind of daunting, don't you think?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Ukyou wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:44 am
Snip
Makime uncrossed her arms and made note of the two then of those in this gathering. Everything she had studied, planned, built, and perhaps even plotted was now tied to them. Assuming of course Destiny was unalterable. A concept she remained unconvinced of...

"Well the stormcrow certainly has come before quite the storm. A pity I didn't not know as much back at Shiro Makime, were I could have been preparing for its coming."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Shinsei wrote:

From the edge of the gathering, Tai huffed with amusement, hand brushing her stone knife. She was glad she'd become attached to a much smaller stone.

Though that was the only amusing thing about all of this. Heroes or no, better defenses than this place was set with would be a good thing to work on starting yesterday.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Matsu wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:34 am
"If I am called, I will do what I must." She replied, no hesitation in her tone. Yet still that sense of unease at someone revering her so. "It'll take more than just nine, though, if it is evil. Wars aren't just won on the heroics of a few. It takes many hands, and the bravery of everyone in the Empire."
"Well, I hope I'll be able to do some small part to help out," Ayako said modestly. "Old Kaiu says that the best walls need both big and small stones to stand upright. So I'm sure there'll be some role for all of us to play."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Makime wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:54 am
Lady Makime watched the as Shinsei gave his speech. Her arms crossed and expression growing from frustration to nothing. Just an impassive expression as the little prophet spoke of destiny and chosen ones.

After he finished, Makime exhaled softly and glanced at the two with her. She said nothing...silent as a tomb. Her eyes spoke volumes though and none of it good.

Everything we have built...and it all rests on nine people. Nine chosen ones.

Finally her voice came softly, meant for herself, "Destiny has no hold on me little man. I was not summoned."
He looked across at Makime quickly and nodded.

"Well at least one of you has good sense."
Ukyou wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:44 am
Perking up at hearing his name, Ukyou (speaking of short men), leaned over and waved. "I'm Ukyou! For anyone wondering." He pointed to Nozomi, over near Sora and some of the others. "That's Nozomi."
Yet he smirked at the monk.

"Ha good luck, you'll fucking need it."
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:50 pm
snip
"The hero doesn't get to decide if they are the hero. Tiger thinks they're the protagonist of most tales, because big and strong, only to learn they were but a foil for the Monkey.

And die we will all. That's the very concept of being mortal. You all need to stop obsessing about that. The goal here is to save the world. Dying here is a consequence, not a magical mean to achieve that goal. It's not because you sacrifice your life your action will succeed or because you survive the trial it wasn't a triumph. We must do what we must do for the tale to end right. If it means dying, it means dying. If it means living, it means living."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 am
snip
"And what am I? The Tiger? The monkey?" he sighed. "I don't think I am either Kai. I live to fight against the enemy and I sure as hell have accepted that I can die fighting the enemy."

"Do you know about promises?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:01 am
snip
"There are more than two animals. Especially in this day and age. You people like to increase numbers. I am just overly familiar with the tales of some, while others elude me. You, you even need to find a role for the Stag to play, beyond being the lunch of the Lion. Such complications.

And of course. Oaths strong. Gods and goddesses have lived and died to keep promises. To break your word is to have the whole story collapse over you."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:59 am
snips
He nodded at the strange person, wondering just how he had decided to speak so much with they despite normally avoiding such trivialities. "Well imagine this," his voice is tinged with sadness. "Two babies found in an ancient forest. They should have been dead, by all means, as the forest is dangerous enough as it is for adults let alone babies. They are locked in an embrace, sharing their warmth."

"They are found by a Crab and he decides to rescue them, giving them solace and raising them as his own. Other Crabs warn that while one of them is destined to be a guiding light, the other has a path paved with ill omens. The Crab, as stubborn as he is sturdy, heeds none of those omens and takes both of them."

"As the year passes, the bright light keeps getting brighter, a light that will don the mantle of a hero in any sort of tale; meanwhile, her twin is just as the omens had foreseen. He is lazy and boorish, embracing the expectations that others had made for him before he could even walk. He tries to push all others away but, despite that, the bright light never forsakes him and keeps to his side, just like in that forest, always reassuring him that she sees the light in him."

"The years pass," he continues. "In one of those days, where the earth muddles due to the heavy rains, the bright star and the shadow walk. They are protecting a caravan, a job that the shadow would have easily ignored but whom the bright star wished him to take and help so everyone could see him as she saw him. Then," he stops, anger flaring briefly on his eyes "The dream appears, insidious, unexpected and in a flash it goes. The bright star has been snuffed, her light waning as the shadow desperately attempts to rekindle it. After all wasn't the shadow's presence that had made the star be there?"

"The stars parting light were but kind words and a promise. A promise that the shadow would recognize that he could also shine brightly. Yet it was the shadow that cause the star to snuff out," he sighs and looks at Kai. "What do you think about that Kai? About this tale?"
"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Shinsei wrote:
The Crane Bushi approached and said, “Little Teacher, those that stand before you many of us are prepared to give our lives for the Empire, for Ningen-do, but what of those that are here by happenstance, or the villagers; surely they are in danger as well. Can they be evacuated or moved to a safer location or has the die been cast and they too must endure what is to come.”

She knew in her heart that whatever chance these people had of fleeing had perhaps passed but he was said to have greater wisdom than most so why not ask.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:46 am
"Uh. I imagine... he didn't call all of us himself though, did he?", the young man answers - and his question is answered not long after when the monk finally speaks The question seemed to be partly due to himself wondering about something - maybe his own reasons to be here. And the monk's words don't seem to quite answer it.

"Tae-soo. Eh, Haka Tae-soo", he quickly corrects himself. "Pleased to meet you, Wu-nim." The words are said with a small smile, but the man's mind seems elsewhere after what the monk said. His eyes shift back towards where the river would be, time and again.
The trouble could have been missed but Zhe was used to deal with proud and independant minded folks. He wondered if it be impolite to ask for a moment but waved the thought away. It might be taken as annoying but not asking would be a lack of care.

''Something troubling you, Haka-san?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade