Togashi Satsuki

Re: Why do answers always beget questions? [D4 ME]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:15 pm
"The others got a better look at the scroll, but it briefly described what the writer...Chouri I guess was trying as a ritual. There are details in a cipher that we haven't managed to break yet. Maybe Ohta..." Reo shakes his head.

"But in the cave is a deposit of Dreamstone. Its dropped into the lake that feeds the river, which is probably why there are memory problems to those who drink from it. It's effectively a spiritual power base, perfect for a ritual: either to activate what Chouri was doing to do, or to cleanse it. If we want to cleanse it, that's a loooooooooooooot of Jade unless we start pulling out some of the dreamstone to reduce the load.
(sorry, missed this post in my round)

Satsuki looked at Reo, then shook her head. "No, we won't need to pull it out. If I understand what the kami told our shugenja correctly, and how this ritual will work, if the ritual works, it will cut Yume-do off from bleeding into this place. That means shugenja will be able to purify it through proper rites, turning the dreamstone into harmless stone."

"Tai said the stone told her "The die is cast and the veil melts away... The dream and the real will overlap... but dreams may be bound away into legend... leaving only the land...". Starting a mining operation won't be necessary."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Satsuki looked at Reo, then shook her head. "No, we won't need to pull it out. If I understand what the kami told our shugenja correctly, and how this ritual will work, if the ritual works, it will cut Yume-do off from bleeding into this place. That means shugenja will be able to purify it through proper rites, turning the dreamstone into harmless stone."

"Tai said the stone told her "The die is cast and the veil melts away... The dream and the real will overlap... but dreams may be bound away into legend... leaving only the land...". Starting a mining operation won't be necessary."
Reo slowly nods.

"Do we have anyone who can break the cipher so we can understand the ritual? And what do we need?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Just tell me what you need from me cousin." Nao nodded. "I feel like there's a lot about the history here that we haven't discovered."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

"I have already decoded it with Naraku's help," she nodded to the Hiruma princeling. "I already understand what the ritual will entail, and have shared that with the daimyo here."

"As I told Lady Otaku and Lady Makime now, I will have an outline of what will be needed tomorrow." Satsuki looked to Nao now. "I imagine the lessons Lady Agasha taught you will be needed."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

This's gettin' o'er my head, Akutou thinks. I barely un'erstan' half o' what they're sayin'. Guess I ain't cut out f'r leadin'.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"My knowledge and abilities are yours." she smiled. "Does the scroll have any indication that the ritual had been done previously?"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San