Nozomi

Re: Shinsei's Briefing [Event, D1 MM]

Post by Nozomi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:11 pm
"Old Man Yamadono. Felt like he'd always be around..."

Sora sighed.
She nodded and sighed a little. "Nothing can last forever, no matter what we might wish." Such was the way of things. "A good man."
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:24 pm
-snip-
"I... like to think he still is, in his way, and where he is." Admittedly... where he was now, it wasn't somewhere she could touch, now was it? She did seem a little sad. The mountain of a man was someone she missed. "Here's to becoming relics where the grandkids can get the telling of our stories horribly wrong. Chusu would approve of a little embellishment."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:32 pm
"Oh yes... Some we may not expect at all," he muses.
Hikaru straightened, frowning. "I... don't quite know how Destiny works. But if they are here, they are supposed to be, right?"

He braced himself to receive a look, one that would tell him 'you already know the answer to this'.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Ukyou wrote:
"I suppose one can't argue with matters of taste," he says with a shrug and speaks up a little bit. "Foxes always just seem to end up with their noses in the mud, though."
Even through his internal mutterings about the host of this little morning meeting, he heard the disgusting slander of the noble vulpine race. Sharp eyes picked out the speaker and then narrowed.

"Is this what you look like now, little thieving bastard?" He said quietly to himself, probably not knowing it had been out loud.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

With the increased murmurings of those gathered, Nao opened an eye. Nothing was happening yet, but she opened both eyes and looked around. There were so many interesting people around her. People important to the story.
Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:13 pm
-snip-
The one in the fox mask drew her attention first. She would definitely affect the tale. If the number of people glancing at her were any indication, she already had.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:11 pm
-snip-
Sora for instance, and the rest of the old guard. What were they thinking regarding regarding the younger generation?
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:55 pm
-snip-
Satsuki. Genji. Ai. So many of her cousins were in this isolated little village. For the first time, a feeling of dread fell over her, as she considered how badly the story could end. She couldn't allow that.

Absently, she reached out to San and pulled the pig into a hug.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:22 pm
-snip-
And, there were the Bat. At least two of her clan were here. That was good.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukari followed the exchange with a quizzical expression, but the comment from the crane did cause a wry smile.

"You do have the nature of destiny in brief, yes. Though one wonders how much Destiny suggests, and how much it commands."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:22 pm

A third monk materialized from the mist, her coming foretold by the soft thump of her walking staff on the damp earth. A walking staff crowned by a vicious looking blade, no less. The sight of Shinsei made her pause, recognition passing over her visage

Casting her baleful gaze across the gathering, she offered nods of greeting to first the foxy masked woman, then to the enlightened ensemble, and finally the crane, before inquiring "I have not missed the... enlightening?"
The fox shook her head, “Not as of yet, no. Welcome Bat-sama.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"And to you as well, Fox-Sama." She pondered for a moment, and then added, "I'm Yukara. Ryoshun Yukara. Student of a man who never told me his name."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Sounds like a jerk of a sensei.

“Sounds… mystical.” She said with a nod and a forced smile.
Last edited by Shiba Kumori on Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:27 pm
"Ah," she nodded. Not that she had much coin left herself from her long travel, but if Shang needed it she wouldn't mind parting with some of them. "I don't think it's in his style to ask for coin so directly, from what I've heard. But yeah! The stone is a curious piece, I agree, hmm. Do you think he seems like a stone though?" Satsuki gave the monk and his rock a curious look, and obviously seemed to wonder if there was something special about that particular rock.
"Oh, no no...I would never expect anyone to ask for coin so directly, that would be most improper. But I suppose some in hint or call to action could be dropped, such as not having had breakfast yet or being extremely thirsty. Heavens, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, considering we've been told to not drink from the river a few times. That alone would make a lot of people thirsty around here," she gave a shake of her head and she took another look around to account of people here. "I suppose that would mean everyone has to make do with sake and spirits. Who knows what sort of implications that might bring with a gathering this large."

"At the moment, yes. Monks can be rather fluid in the stance that they adopt. I suppose all of us could use a stone in our lives with so much uncertainty of the present. Maybe the message is that having a constant leaning post is both inspirational and burdensome at the same time. We find ourselves surrounded by people and judged at all times. In a sense, us watching him and really watching ourselves. This is actually quite deep and quite thought-provoking. I was expecting the festivities to be more festive, to be honest. I'm not complaining, especially when my breakfast is food for thought, clearly!"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 pm
"Here's to becoming relics where the grandkids can get the telling of our stories horribly wrong. Chusu would approve of a little embellishment."
"People already get my damn story wrong. Can;t imagine what it'll sound like in another generation or two."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Tai spent some time getting there, unhappy with how *off* directions felt. She could see the tents all around as she made her way to the fog-dimmed murmur of many voices, but when she'd been certain that she'd passed this off in the other direction last night. Damn fog.

Still, something was going on, and she could guess who the fellow in the middle was, even if she'd never really met him. So she settled in to wait.

(Not on much today, but present. Please PM if you want to chat with Tai).
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:49 pm
Sounds like a jerk of a sensei.

“Sounds… mystical.” She said with a nod and a forced smile.
"I called him sensei and never thought to ask. Then he died and I couldn't." She ahrugged as if it were perfectly natural.

"Mystical is an odd word... after all, every mystery may seem to be mystical... and just be a question we didn't bother asking."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Like… What the fuck are you talking about?

“Yeah… for sure.” She nodded her head. It didn’t seem that this one was all that interested in philosophical questions.

Ukyou

Post by Ukyou »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Hikaru straightened, frowning. "I... don't quite know how Destiny works. But if they are here, they are supposed to be, right?"

He braced himself to receive a look, one that would tell him 'you already know the answer to this'.
"Indeed. We all have roles here. We just might not know their true nature just yet," Ukyou muses.
Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:38 pm
Even through his internal mutterings about the host of this little morning meeting, he heard the disgusting slander of the noble vulpine race. Sharp eyes picked out the speaker and then narrowed.

"Is this what you look like now, little thieving bastard?" He said quietly to himself, probably not knowing it had been out loud.
And added a wink to his grin over his shoulder for some reason before turning back the conversation.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:43 pm
"And to you as well, Fox-Sama." She pondered for a moment, and then added, "I'm Yukara. Ryoshun Yukara. Student of a man who never told me his name."
"How curious. I can think of some people who might pull that on a poor student."
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:59 pm
"Indeed. We all have roles here. We just might not know their true nature just yet," Ukyou muses.
Hikaru's lips quirked. "I am not sure whether to find that comforting or the opposite. Perhaps a bit of both." He hesitated. "Still, I suppose it is good to know one's destiny."

He shot the fox-masked woman and the monk he'd met earlier a curious glance as they continued to speak.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:58 pm
Like… What the fuck are you talking about?

“Yeah… for sure.” She nodded her head. It didn’t seem that this one was all that interested in philosophical questions.
After a moment Yukara seemed to realize that she wasn't interesting the fox person, so she stepped back slightly. Hadn't her sensei told her not to interrupt?

How embarrassing.

Slinking away like a cat caught near a forbidden snack, she took up station watching the little teacher set up his rock.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:30 pm
Snip
With most of his attention on the man sitting on the stone, the one with the strangely-patterned robe seems to take a while before he notices the man walking towards him. The fishing rod does eventually seem to attract his attention, though, his eyes shifting between it and man's face for a moment before he bows. Part of what looks like the mesh of a fishing net sticking out of the furoshiki on his back might have something to do with that.

"Ann... good morning" some hesitation, maybe a look up to be certain. "Dragon-nim.", he finally says. As the young man straightens himself, his eyes again shift from face, to fishing rod, to spear, back to face. Curiosity is not quite exactly hidden in his face, but he just in silence for some (possibly awkward) seconds. Then a small nod.

"...quite a gathering, ne?"
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

That’s a flighty little Bat… Apparently I scared her. She thought.

“How’s it going up in Bat lands? Like I was telling Doji-sama here… I spent some time up there training over the past five years.” She offered as a way to coax the bat out of the cave.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

There were an awful lot of people gathered around the trio of monks sitting around the center of town and Kenji was one of them. Well, more or less. He stood more towards the edge of the crowd, observing those present as much as anything else.

They were an odd lot that much was certain, but that was probably to be expected. He caught bits and pieces of conversation but hadn't commented or approached anyone yet. Content for the moment to watch and wait.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
“It’s no problem Doji-sama. I am simply one of many hopeless fan girls who ran off to study from the Lord Kakita after his exploits at the Winter Court five years ago became known. You can imagine our disappointment when he married Bayushi’s daughter and we found him to be as charming as a toad… despite the good looks.”

She smiled, “I was told that he used to be a Crane in his younger days. And he continues to hold them in high regard.”
"He was." Hikaru confirmed suddenly with a nod. "I trained with him myself. It is with no shame that I admit he was always my superior with a blade."

His lips quirked. "I had not imagined to hear him compared to a toad. I'm not sure he would be offended by the comparison, though." Lord Kakita was rather unflappable, after all.