Otomo Akutou

Re: Thunder Team Building Exercises [D2 MA, OPEN]

Post by Otomo Akutou »

What'm I doin' here? Akutou thinks. I mean, really?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta shows up late, having come from lunch and working on something. She'd nearly fallen asleep after the meal... which would have been nice, but there'd been that same sense of vertigo and feeling of falling that had jolted her awake. She walked up to where Goju was listening and stood behind him, catching some of what Satsuki, Genji, et. al. were talking about.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Having resolved something in mind, Akutou steps forward.

"Since we're all here t'gether, an' we know we're dealin' with dreamin', I'd like t' put a question t' y'all: any o' y'all f'miliar wi' someone callin' herself Chuchu, says she's comin' t' help from down south?

"Came up f'r me, an' it occurs t' me that if I ain't th' only one, there might be somethin' of it."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Chuchu?"

Sora cocked his head to the side.

Sounds Nezumi. Anjing will be thrilled.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 am
"Chuchu?"

Akutou shrugs. "It's what I were told, sir. An' th' details seem in line wi' what I learnt fr'm th' O-Iemoto. But, like I said, it'll help if'n there's confirmation fr'm others. Scouts' reports're more reliable wi' more'n one observer."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 am
"Chuchu?"

Sounds Nezumi. I'm thrilled.

Anjing's expression was stony.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"A Nezumi shaman. She entered your dream too?" Goju states it matter of factly. He tries to make his face unreadable, but clearly uncomfortable with the situation.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Oh my.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Anjing slowly turns to look at Goju, her face now moving beyond stony to Great Wall of the North.

She continues to stare for a few long moments before remarking in a dangerously friendly tone. "Perhaps it is good my sleep was interrupted last night."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju held his composure though it was hard. He hoped the Crab didn't think he was hiding anything from her. It just didn't occur to him that the shaman visited anyone else. He assumed his own connections with the Nezumi is what drew her to him. Though at least the Otomo's words did add further evidence that it wasn't the one who took his original Name. Small relief.

"I don't *remember her saying anything relevant to our current situation, so it didn't occur to me to mention it here. She was more interested in my Name which is particularly weak compared to most people." Goju shrugs in a 'what can you do' meaning.

Though he did silently agree with her. It was good that she didn't sleep. For Chuchu's sake at least.

*That Thread isn't closed yet, but as far as it has gone IRL this is true, if that changes later the other Thread, then Goju sincerely doesn't remember.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Aktuou also shrugs.

"I's asked t' convey th' message," he says. "An' now I done that."

Enough here's more experienced and skilled than me as c'n decide what all they need t' do wi' it, he thinks. An' a couple of 'em, I might actually take direction from.

He resumes his seat.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Do you want rats, because this is how you get rats, she considered.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku looked at the Spider with a furrowed brow. "I guess I was not the only one?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

"The ratlings can just invade your dreams?" Ayako asked, sounding a little alarmed at this idea. "That doesn't seem like a good thing!"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou stands again.

"I don't think it's quite like that, ma'am," he says. "It's more like if'n y' head out inta th' woods, you're like t' run inta a spindlehorn or somesuch critter. At least, that's what I un'erstand o' it. Had some trainin' fr'm th' O-Iemoto on that."

He again sits.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:48 pm
"The ratlings can just invade your dreams?" Ayako asked, sounding a little alarmed at this idea. "That doesn't seem like a good thing!"
"Entrance without permission is still an invasion even if it is benign," she added calmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"If one can travel within Yume Do, it is possible to visit another's dream." Nao spoke up. "I avoid doing that. It's definitely impolite. However, if this nezumi was trying to communicate with us. It may have been the best option available."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:48 pm
Tai was similarly alarmed that folks could wander through dreams. Even if Nao thought it impolite, it was unlikely the ratfolk had quite the same rule of etiquette. Honestly, she could probably find three or four different ideas of correct dream-traveling etiquette right in this circle.

She looks to Nao, "since it seems relevant to what we're fightin', regardless of ratlin's, do you know of ways to bar a traveller like you from one's dreams? You might be polite, but I guess it might be nice to have a way of barrin' the door from those as aren't."
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description