Togashi Satsuki

Making Camp [D0, ME]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

There. Tent was set up and everything. She even had checked the area properly like Makime had stressed on them during their travel, checking for how stable and firm the ground was, as well as its placement in relation to other tents and the surrounding area. So much to think about... I wonder if she learned that herself or if uncle Akodo taught her.

With that out of the way, she did the second thing Makime had impressed upon them; checking her equipment and that everything was ready in case of a sudden attack. Using her travel-cloak as a cushion to sit on right outside her tent, near a campfire, Satsuki began checking the fletching on her arrows. Along with her brother Hoshi, she had received many of these arrows from uncle Hida - the feathers came from some sort of northern bird she didn't know the name of, and ten of the arrow-heads she suspected were made by a Kaiu-smith as the handiwork was interesting.

While going through the routine, she hummed calmly to herself.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Saru Ranmaru

Re: Making Camp [D0, ME]

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

What better person was there to check her work and maintain the calm than Saru Ranmaru? Without a word, he went last her to assess the tent. Perhaps that went unnoticed. He tapped on the ground with his foot and then scoffed. "At least you can do this right."

He then approached her, again with his torso fully bare. It was good, in his eyes, that she was wielding a bow. That completely ignored, of course, the strength needed to draw the string.

"Let's get this out of the way: why are you here?"
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki rose an eyebrow as she caught sight of that particular form, not to mention that the voice in itself said enough. "Fuck... what are you even doing here?"

There were very few among the Saru she hadn't had chance to meet yet, and even her mother had felt her patience tested with this one (thought still defaulting to "he's not that bad, he just needs to find his way"-kindness she showed everyone).

"I got business here. Important stuff to do!" She didn't wave the arrow up at him, but she was tempted.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

"Eh? It's not very ladylike to curse." So he'd heard, at least. He'd mainly mentioned it to annoy her.

"Anyways, I'm a defender of the Empire!" Ranmaru patted his daisho for emphasis. "Of course I'd come here."

His mind went to the festival. After seeing all those Crab women, and now this one from his own Clan, he could only assume one thing. "Ah! You're going to help with preparing the festival." The implication, of course, was that she was going to go home after and not fight things.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Inside the tent next to them, which was very precariously constructed and definitely wasn't going to survive a brisk wind never mind a strong one, there was the sound of something falling over, followed by very low cursing, followed by something else falling over with an even louder thump.

"Ow."

Was the very faint ending to the series of noises.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Togashi Satsuki

There was an intense restraint in the eyeroll because otherwise they might've rolled out of her head. "I think you're among the last people to tell me what is ladylike, Ranmaru. Also, what festival?" Were the villagers putting on some spring-festival? It was certainly not her reason for being here.

The ruckus next to them distracted her enough to look over in the direction it was coming from, and she put her arrow down. "... Hey! Everything alright over there?" she asked, rising to her feet.
Theme | Profile

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

"I'll have you know that my mom is a leading figure in femininity." It was certainly true that she was a gentle soul. As for how much he lauded her, it would have been extremely odd if not for his sexual proclivities. "She is what every woman should aspire to be."

It came as a relief that she didn't know much about the festival either. He didn't need to be proven ignorant twice. "The Crab know better. You can ask them."

His smug smile vanished when the noise occurred. In a flash, he drew both of his swords and interposed himself between Satsuki and the tent. For all his faults, his stance was at least excellent. "You best not seek to interfere with the Dragon!"

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

There was the sound of something solid being dropped, a brief pause and then a very clear.

"FUCK ME THAT HURT!"

Then a few unidentifiable scrabbling sounds.

"Errr don't come in. Ink spill, very bad . . . could get worse. Just give me a moment to lock it down mmkay???"

A moment later.

"How . . . . are you?"

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

Togashi Satsuki

"...", Satsuki commented.

At least Ranmaru had the decency to stand between her and potential danger, so she appreciated him for that, though his yell did make her want to say 'please do not lump me in with you'.

"What the fuck, locking down ink?" Satsuki, sotto voce, stepped forward and rapped on the tent. "Is everything all right here? Are you hurt?"
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

More scrabbling sounds and then the tent opening unfastened slowly and a face poked out.

"Errr fine, fine! Not hurt, just fucking inconvenienced by inanimate objects."

Then he looked properly at who was talking to him and a tiny sparkle of recognition seemed to form . . . but how could it? Satsuki had definitely not seen him before.

Then he saw Ranmaru.

"Fuck me, that's an impressive hunk of man . . . . "

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Since Satsuki stepped forward, so too did Ranmaru. He kept his blades in a low stance, peeking in over the woman's shoulder to check for any danger.

There seemed to be none except a man who was too soft for his own good. "You should train more then," he said, sheathing his swords. "Good hands will prevent any spills."

He looked away. "That being said, I'm guessing you don't want our help?"

Togashi Satsuki

Head cocked to the side as her brain itched with recognition, but unable to put her finger on it. Maybe it was one of the many people in the Imperial City, or the others she had seen the past years?

"Yeah, we'll be happy to help out. And we're totally not suspicious people," even if one of them was a glistening hunk of a man. "I'm Satsuki, and this is Ranmaru."
Theme | Profile

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

"Just a second!"

The face disappeared back into the tent and there was some muffled swearing and fumbling sounds before he re-emerged, fully this time, revealing the flame wreathed ninetailed fox mons on his clothing.

He ran a hand through his hair to smooth it and addressed Ranmaru directly with bright eyes and a perfect smile.

"Hi, I'm Hoto-Hori!."

He practically sparkled . . .

Oh yeah, also there was absolutely no trace of spilled ink anywhere on him or his clothes.

Togashi Satsuki

The mon at least was familiar to her. "Ah, Yuzuru! That must be why you look so familiar! I must've met you last time I visited uncle Yuzuru. How is he? How are his daughters?"

... Wait, where did the ink go?
Theme | Profile

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

"My, you're able to disrobe then clothe yourself quickly then," Ranmaru said, eyes checking for any ink among other things. "But yes, it's a pleasure to stand in the presence of such prestigious people." He glanced at Satsuki and then sighed. For all she represented, she at least had inherited a great bloodline.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Dismissing the sudden thought of "Egg!!!!!!" that came to mind when he realised it was Satsuki he continued smiling at Ranmaru and totally not checking him out.

"Haven't been with other Yuzuru much, been too busy tracking down and identifying portals."

Togashi Satsuki

"Oh, I see... I recall something about spiritual investigators of that manner, yes," she nodded as she was trying to piece things together. Why is he so familiar to me?

The young woman glanced between the two men, noticing how the Imperial was clearly checking out her fellow Dragon. "Ah, I can... leave you two to it, eh? Ranmaru looooves to talk to his fellow men!"
Theme | Profile

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

"Why are you saying it like that?" Ranmaru asked, raising an eyebrow. "Look only to the Emperor and you will see the rightful order of the world." He tilted his head. "Well, I would think that a concubine should not overextend herself."

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

He stopped, slightly stunned and stared at Satsuki . . . then Ranmaru and then back at Satsuki.

"Fuck me . . . I thought I just said what I thought, not anyone else . . . "

Togashi Satsuki

Her hand clenched into a fist, but she did not raise it or strike. As much as she disliked Ranmaru's personality and way of thinking, he was still a fellow Dragon. I will not hurt any of my own...

The Dragon child was baring her teeth as she sneered at Ranmaru. "Don't lump me in with the likes of unloved wretches like that concubine. You might think any woman beneath you, Ranmaru, but don't forget that it's a woman that brought you into this world and raised you, and above us all is Lady Sun herself."
Theme | Profile