Hiruma Naraku

Dreaming of Trees [Day 2, EM, Dreams]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku stood at the edge of a dense, primeval forest. The trees loomed like colossal sentinels, their trunks covered in lichen and moss, and their branches stretched into the heavens, their leaves forming a thick, green canopy that filtered the golden sunlight into a dappled mosaic on the forest floor.

As he stepped into the forest, the air around her grew heavy with the rich scent of damp earth and the sweet perfume of wildflowers. The ground was a tapestry of ferns and vibrant mosses, soft and yielding beneath his feet. He felt an otherworldly calmness as he wandered deeper into the forest.

The forest was teeming with life. Exotic birds with iridescent feathers sang melodious tunes from the treetops, and butterflies of every hue danced among the wildflowers. Glimpses of elusive creatures, their fur and feathers an array of earthy tones, darted in and out of the shadows.

Moss-covered rocks and babbling brooks crisscrossed his path, their murmurs contributing to the soothing chorus of the forest. Sunbeams filtered through the leaves, creating shimmering, ethereal patterns on the forest floor.

As he ventured deeper into the heart of the forest, the sunlight became more filtered and the vibrant noises seemed to fade, now a distant echo. He did not know why he walked but he continued as if something beckoned to delve deeper and deeper.

Naraku walked until the forest opened up into a hidden glade, where a crystal-clear pool reflected the towering trees and the boundless sky. The water was murky, an iridescent sheen coating its calm waters. Did he know this place?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Re: Dreaming of Trees [Day 2, EM, Dreams]

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:25 am
It's through one of the sunbeams she first appears. The nezumi flits between them, caring not for space or time, skipping from sunbeam to sunbeam with delight only the young at heart can have. It's only as she nears the darkest part of the forest that the shaman chooses, instead, to walk, herself drawn by some unseen force further inside. In the waking world the quiet would be unnerving, but, here, she can give voice to the silent.

On the opposite end of the glade a small bird flutters from the brush to alight on some unseen tree branch of the thick canopy and start to sing.

Dark, shiny eyes peer from the thick foliage. A small giggle chimes before its owner reveals herself -- a little nezumi skipping out of the green to stand at the edge of the water and wave.

"Hello!"
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku is startled by the voice and turns towards its source. His confusion only grows when he notices the rat like features of his visitor.

"A Nezumi? I guess you are one of them," his tone betrays his confusion, he had never seen one of them so he didn't know how one had appeared in his dreams. "Hello?"

Naraku did not have any particular vendetta against the Nezumi like many, specially those older, had with them. Still why was it inside of his dream?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:43 am
Naraku did not have any particular vendetta against the Nezumi like many, specially those older, had with them. Still why was it inside of his dream?
"I'm not one of them, I'm Great Number!" The Name whistles between the leaves as Chuchu. "This is a very nice dream. Is this your home?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He nodded at the Nezumi as she introduced herself "I'm Hiruma Naraku."

"I... don't know," he admits as he looks around. Had he been in this forest? "It feels familiar but I don't know."

He walked towards the edge of the pond, looking at it with curiosity "Is this perhaps where I was found?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:15 pm
"Is this perhaps where I was found?"
The little nezumi squats to touch the surface of the pond; its rippling waters shift, showing Naraku himself as both a man and a child, and Chuchu as both a child and an adult. "Maybe," She answers softly. "If it feels familiar, it might be something you don't remember. You're a foundling?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:27 pm
The little nezumi squats to touch the surface of the pond; its rippling waters shift, showing Naraku himself as both a man and a child, and Chuchu as both a child and an adult. "Maybe," She answers softly. "If it feels familiar, it might be something you don't remember. You're a foundling?"
"No, I mean yes, I mean..." what in the Kami's name was a foundling he thought before composing himself. "My twin and I, we were found in the Shinomen Forest. You should know. You're part of my dream, aren't you?"

He raised an eyebrow to the Nezumi before turning towards his younger reflection. Did I really always have this dour face?

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:49 pm
"My twin and I, we were found in the Shinomen Forest. You should know. You're part of my dream, aren't you?"
"No, I came here because there was an opening," Chuchu states matter-of-factly. "I'm a Dreamwalker. You're one of the humans near the storm, aren't you?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:02 pm
"No, I came here because there was an opening," Chuchu states matter-of-factly. "I'm a Dreamwalker. You're one of the humans near the storm, aren't you?"
"An opening? Storm? What do you mean?" he looked at the Nezumi confused. "Is that why you came? Did you cause this dream?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:14 pm
"An opening? Storm? What do you mean?" he looked at the Nezumi confused. "Is that why you came? Did you cause this dream?"
"This dream is all yours, drawn from you." She stands to meet Naraku's gaze. "Some dreams -- and some dreamers -- are more open to visitors than others. And some call. Myself, I travel this realm as I please -- but in the realm of the waking I'm on my way to meet those who will face the storm gathering in both realms."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:20 pm
"This dream is all yours, drawn from you." She stands to meet Naraku's gaze. "Some dreams -- and some dreamers -- are more open to visitors than others. And some call. Myself, I travel this realm as I please -- but in the realm of the waking I'm on my way to meet those who will face the storm gathering in both realms."
"So can you explain why am I in this forest? Or is that beyond the realm of a Dreamwalker, was it?" he looks at the Nezumi inquisitively. She did not look like the huge monstrosities some in his clan described the Nezumi as, nor she looked particularly vicious. "And you said the storm in both sides? What about the forces of the Enemy? Are they not present here?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:24 pm
"And you said the storm in both sides? What about the forces of the Enemy? Are they not present here?"
"I believe we are safe from the Rot here." Chuchu steps forward -- onto the water -- though she does not sink into its depths, instead soon standing at the pond's center, eyes glancing around at the greenery that surrounds them both. "It may be this is where you were found, or it may be your idea of such a place. Or you may simply be called to forests. Hm."

After some consideration, she asks, "May I seek your Name? A human name is much different than a True Name."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:34 pm
snip
"My... true name?" he looked at her as if she had just spoken another language. "What is that?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:37 pm
"My... true name?" he looked at her as if she had just spoken another language. "What is that?"
"Your True Name is your essence. The root from which your Self grows, and that which you will return to." She smiles. "A Name can reveal much about its owner -- or hide their secrets within its depths. You humans have not discovered the power of Naming, yet, but the People have practiced it since we dreamed ourselves into existence."

Chuchu pauses then. "I could ask the dream if this is where you were found, if you'd like. But dreams don't always answer."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 pm
"Your True Name is your essence. The root from which your Self grows, and that which you will return to." She smiles. "A Name can reveal much about its owner -- or hide their secrets within its depths. You humans have not discovered the power of Naming, yet, but the People have practiced it since we dreamed ourselves into existence."

Chuchu pauses then. "I could ask the dream if this is where you were found, if you'd like. But dreams don't always answer."
Naraku considered her offer. The Crab, in particular those that came from the Seidou, were knowingly distrustful of the Nezumi. He never truly understood the why, as in his studies what he had seen of the Nezumi was common ground in the fight against the corruption. But could he trust the small Nezumi in front of him?

"Sure," he shrugged. "I guess your True Name is Great Number?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:06 pm
"Sure," he shrugged. "I guess your True Name is Great Number?"
"I am a shaman. We change our Names as needed -- for that is our connection with the root of all things -- and hide our True Names to protect them from those who might harm us. Great Number is one small part of my Name, but it is not my True Name."

Chuchu reaches out a small hand. "Join me and we shall ask together."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"A big leap of faith I am taking by putting my trust on you Great Number...-san?" he ventured, unsure how to address one of the Nezumi. "How do I know you're not an enemy"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:20 pm
"A big leap of faith I am taking by putting my trust on you Great Number...-san?" he ventured, unsure how to address one of the Nezumi. "How do I know you're not an enemy"
"Because I want to help you!" Exasperated, she throws her hands up in the air. Humans and their paranoia! "And! And! You humans are the ones who are growing all Rotten, not us! I should be more worried about you!" The girl starts to pout... but it doesn't last long. Her voice grows serious.

"...I'm here to help. If the Dreaming grows Rotten, my people will suffer greatly, and your people will become corrupted and spread Rot and pain wherever you go. I won't allow it. Not when our destinies are so intertwined."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:47 pm
"Because I want to help you!" Exasperated, she throws her hands up in the air. Humans and their paranoia! "And! And! You humans are the ones who are growing all Rotten, not us! I should be more worried about you!" The girl starts to pout... but it doesn't last long. Her voice grows serious.

"...I'm here to help. If the Dreaming grows Rotten, my people will suffer greatly, and your people will become corrupted and spread Rot and pain wherever you go. I won't allow it. Not when our destinies are so intertwined."
The Nezumi seemed to be talking the truth but Naraku is still reticent. "Is the Dreaming growing rotten?" he asks, still studying the little rat. "Wouldn't the enemy be able to hear my True Name?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:54 pm
"Wouldn't the enemy be able to hear my True Name?"
"Have you not seen it? Have you not felt its presence? It spills out into the waking world, rotting your people and animals from the inside out." She pauses, shaking her head. "I would whisper it in your ear, once I know it, or could keep it hidden, if it should please you."