Hiruma Naraku

Medic? [Day 3, LM, Medical Tent]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Following his meeting with Anjing, Naraku decided to head to the medical space lest be scolded by Anjing again. He paced into the space that had been set the day before and looked for the nearest priest or medic.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nozomi

Re: Medic? [Day 3, LM, Medical Tent]

Post by Nozomi »

He was ... in luck? As he approached the medical tent, he would happen to see someone who was visiting there, her eyes looking among those who were present in case anyone seemed to be injured or in need. When she caught sight of the Crab, she made her way over. her countenance was etched with a mixture of irritation and worry, which she quickly schooled away. A certain someone always put her in a mood.

"Crab-sama. Do you need any assistance."

(OOC: She has Chi Protection, so she is capable of limited magical healing.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 pm
He was ... in luck? As he approached the medical tent, he would happen to see someone who was visiting there, her eyes looking among those who were present in case anyone seemed to be injured or in need. When she caught sight of the Crab, she made her way over. her countenance was etched with a mixture of irritation and worry, which she quickly schooled away. A certain someone always put her in a mood.

"Crab-sama. Do you need any assistance."

(OOC: She has Chi Protection, so she is capable of limited magical healing.)
He narrowed his eyes when he saw the nun, trying to remember where he had seen her before. It dawned on him after a while, since she had been the nun next to the Little Teacher during the first day.

"I apologize. I knew I remembered your face," he excuses himself. "Hiruma Naraku and once again sorry for staring."

He composed himself and continued

"Apparently I need to be battle ready at a moment notice," his tone sounding a bit defeated. "I got a lovebite from a wolf yesterday and whilst I think it is fairly fine I was told, nay, commanded to find healing. Understand I wouldn't want to intrude... there are others that certainly are in more dire need than me."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

She barked out a yip of a laugh and motioned for him to follow her to an open area. "We're not at the mouth of hell quite yet. I have more than a little bit to spare at a time like this, so don't think of this as an imposition. As for recognizing me? I tend to blend into the background compared to some of my companions. I am used to that. It's good to meet you, Hiruma-sama."

As she walked over to it, she glanced over her shoulder. "Nothing wrong with listening to mother hens when they command. We've got bigger fish than a few wolves to fry, after all. No need to make its job easier." Though she wondered if they'd actually physically fight the champion in the first place.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He sighed and nodded, following the woman into the open area. "Monsters do not frighten me. Monsters are straightforward," he commented idly as he followed Nozomi. "What we must prepare is to strengthen our mind. It seems our enemy seems to enjoy a veneer of subtlety in its attempt to attack us."

"But I digress," he sighed and moved on to another topic. "I am sorry but... I know your face but I don't think I remember your name."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

She snorted at his comment. "Our foe is only subtle because it enters our dreams, a place we cannot easily defend. It does not know the meaning of shadow, if its endeavors thus far are any indication. It brute force tries to assault us in our dreams. Effective, but as subtle as one of those clubs your brethren favor." She had thoughts on subtle foes, the sorts of creatures who had no faces when you caught them with the edge of your eyesight. "But you are right. Your body is less important here than a tuned, defended mind. Still, pain can mess with focus."

She rotated her shoulder and smirked. "Nozomi. I'm just one of the ones who follows the little teacher around and tries to keep him out of too much trouble. It rarely works." She breathed in and out slowly, a hand raised, two fingers out. "Hold still a moment. This will hurt slightly at first."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"As subtle as an Ogre in a pottery shop," he laughed. "Still, it feels good to laugh at this. If I am to face the possible doom of my realm, I'd like to go laughing to deny any sort of satisfaction to the enemy. Not that it will happen, we will struggle and we will persevere and trust me, I know a bit about struggling against causality."

He nodded when she introduced herself "A pleasure to associate a name to a face. Specially when it is the face of the person that is going to heal me."

As she prepares to tend his wound he gestures quickly "Just one thing. Avoid touching my blood directly. Trust me on this one."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

She nodded once, having a few thoughts on what might necessitate the issue of avoiding the blood. Her eyes scanned his body, pin-pointing the spots on him that needed re-tuning, and she breathed out slowly. Ok, she was sure of a spot or two that had no blood on it. "That's what I like about the Crab. You haven't forgotten that old Seidou sense of humor, deep down." It had been one of the only things she'd liked about the Seidou, but she didn't add that. Old rivalries...

Her hand shot out, and a quick trio of jabs struck at the atemi points, at first stinging, and with the last suddenly giving a sort of strange feeling like cold water flowing over his body as healing energies flowed through him. "You would be amazed how useful this tool has when you have children."

(OOC: 1 VP spent. 3 Healing/Round for 3 rounds, 9 wounds healed total.)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He laughed at her comment on the Seidou. "I think I might disappoint on that front Nozomi-san, I was not one of the Seidou I think," he smiled at her. "My humor is my own I guess. Refined during my formative years and tempered by five years with almost no contact from other samurai. I should be thankful too, had it not been the words of the Little Teacher I might still be slightly... jaded."

He had never seen a method as Nozomi's to heal wounds and he did flinch slightly at the start giving the unfamiliar feeling. Once she had finished and he felt the cold wash down on him, he rubbed his thigh, feeling the pain almost entirely gone. He smirked at her comment. "Nothing like a series of hand jabs to cure a sprained knee. My own father was more of the 'silent judgemental look' as a cure."