Jiyo Sora

That's so Raven [Day 3, Late Afternoon, Expecting and *CLOSED*]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora's day had been an active one, but he had one more missive to deliver. One more thing to achieve to feel as if he'd done his duty by the Kami who stood between the Empire and total nightmare.

So he went looking for the monk Kichi.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kichi

Re: That's so Raven [Day 3, Late Afternoon, Expecting and *CLOSED*]

Post by Kichi »

The monk in question is writing something, but stands and bows when Sora arrives. "Jiyo-sama, good afternoon."
Monk • Grumpy • Charismatic • Humbled

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Kichi-san."

Sora bowed, and then gave the monk a genuine smile.

"Have you been well since last we spoke?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"I have. Better than I expected after speaking with Nanzi-sama," he said with a nod and a small smile. "Even if she makes a different decision before the end, I will be grateful for these extra days."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"She is not the only one."

Sora considered how best to put it.

"My sleep had a visitor last night. I believe someone known to a person you used to know. They said something to me, which... I thought might do you some good, if you would hear it."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He nodded, expression curious.

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"A certain lady of grace and polish thanked me for what I have done for a certain monk."

Sora half-bowed.

"I thought that hearing of this regard might be a source of encouragement on a certain path."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He closed his eyes and put his hand over his heart, taking a deep breath and letting it out with a smile. "I was so arrogant then. As if she didn't know from the beginning." He looked up and off into the distance, as if he could see her almost. "For all her dedication to propriety, she has always held onto hope like a barnacle with abandonment issues."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I found her utterly incomprehensible when we first met. I'm sad it was under these circumstances, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong about that."

He shook his head and sighed.

"Mind you, I still think she could speak a bit more plainly, but that's just me being a petty old man."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He looked back to Sora. "You may not necessarily have been wrong back then. I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but Ningen-do's influence over beings is one of the strongest of all the realms. It makes Jigoku's influence look like a casual nudge. It's hardly a surprise that people change the longer they're here. I don't doubt her family changed things, as well."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"They certainly changed me, Kichi-san."

He cocked his head.

"But does that mean I get to be obnoxiously smug about how right I was twenty-five years ago? You know, the bits where I was telling everyone the Kami had as much to learn as they had to teach? Because if so, I am going to be extra insufferable..."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"Something something temperance," he said, looking a bit amused. "Do your best, Jiyo-sama."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh no. Oh no, no, no, Kichi-san..."

He shook his head.

"I fear you have doomed everyone I know to an unbearable pall of smugness that may only end when my wife gives me that Look."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

"Truly, I am back to the beginning of my path with this one terrible sin," he replied with a laugh.

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora grinned and shook his head.

"For what it's worth, Kichi-san, your path has done more than just you good. I neither liked nor trusted the person we both knew. I think he might really be dead and gone now, though. At the very least, the pyre is built."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He sighed and shook his head. "I wish I could agree. He's still alive. I struggle with him each day. But he is getting quieter as time goes on."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, give that bastard a poke in the eye for me, Kichi-san."

Sora bowed.

"And keep at it."

Carries:

Kichi

Post by Kichi »

He chuckled. "I'll do my best."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Sora bowed again.

"Carry the Fortunes."

And then he made his [/Exit]

Carries:

Canary

Post by Canary »

/scene
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."