Nozomi

Freaking Out - D4 MA

Post by Nozomi »

Nozomi had to ask around a little to find Matsu, but once she knew where she was staying, she was already making her way to her friend's tent, making a thumping sound outside and calling out. "Matsu, are you in there? Are you alright?!?" She sounded... desperate in a way, almost frantic. Her eyes were rimmed and red, and she was breathing hard. Getting her focus would not be until later, no. She had just learned.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Matsu

Re: Freaking Out - D4 MA

Post by Matsu »

"Aye." She was in her tent. The top of her Kimono was off, as she tended to her wounds, wrapping them in bandages, though she was no healer. Her body was brushed, purple welts all over her chest from the blow to the sternum.

She winced in pain, "Come in, Auntie." She called, hearing the worry in Nozomi's voice.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"Twice, twice this has happened," she said, trying to find something to focus on rather than the horror of it as she pulled the flap back and came over carefully. She looked at the wounds and bruises and winced. Those definitely looked like the sort of thing that would have happened in a sparring match with him, one that went too far. He was holding back. He could break bones, she was certain. Her eyes were etched with worry as she got down to a knee.

"Do not argue with me. I can offer some healing, and you need to be back as close to full as you can, in case this happens again." She had a pair of fingers up, and was focusing on looking, observing chi flow. Anything to not think of what she was dealing with right then.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"Twice. What do you mean twice, Auntie?" She looked to Nozomi, eyes wide. Watching her, while trying to remain calm. "He tried to knock me down. Couldn't manage that, not with the strength in my blood and the might of Bishamon." She replied, still keeping steady.

"What happened the first time?"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:35 pm
"Twice. What do you mean twice, Auntie?" She looked to Nozomi, eyes wide. Watching her, while trying to remain calm. "He tried to knock me down. Couldn't manage that, not with the strength in my blood and the might of Bishamon." She replied, still keeping steady.

"What, do you not remember that time all those years ago, when a monster who wore his appearance came looking for you as a child in the world of darkness? Nanzi barely stopped him that time," she said a bit incredulously while her fingers moved, pushing and striking at key points, letting the chi flow more properly. It would ease the healing process, which along with Satsuki's earlier efforts, would probably help a great deal... or at least something.

(1 VP spent, Heal 3 Wounds/Round for 3 Rounds, 9 Wounds total. Chi Protection)

"I think the darkness has always known the possibility you might be just like your father, one to stand against the tide that is itself. Somehow I am not surprised he tried to bring you down if he's fighting it." She was struggling with emotion. "He... would know the ones that were a threat to him."

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 pm
Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:35 pm

"What, do you not remember that time all those years ago, when a monster who wore his appearance came looking for you as a child in the world of darkness? Nanzi barely stopped him that time," she said a bit incredulously while her fingers moved, pushing and striking at key points, letting the chi flow more properly. It would ease the healing process, which along with Satsuki's earlier efforts, would probably help a great deal... or at least something.

(1 VP spent, Heal 3 Wounds/Round for 3 Rounds, 9 Wounds total. Chi Protection)

"I think the darkness has always known the possibility you might be just like your father, one to stand against the tide that is itself. Somehow I am not surprised he tried to bring you down if he's fighting it." She was struggling with emotion. "He... would know the ones that were a threat to him."
"I remember the chase. The thing coming after me. I wasn't afraid then. Still not afraid now." She continued, pursing her lips, feeling her vigor being restored.

"Who is he? Shinsei?" Confusion scrawled across her features.

15/15 +0
6/6 +0
5/6 +2 Nicked (After Chi Protection)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:57 pm
"I remember the chase. The thing coming after me. I wasn't afraid then. Still not afraid now." She continued, pursing her lips, feeling her vigor being restored.

"Who is he? Shinsei?" Confusion scrawled across her features.
"I ... do not rightly remember what that thing was. I believe it was a shade that called on Shinsei's fears. What you fought this time, if what Sugri said is true? It was Shinsei, and he is probably the target of Jigoku's attempts to corrupt a champion." She had to breathe very carefully to get that out of her system. It was a lot to hold back. "If he weren't still fighting, he would have made sure to finish the job against you, or anyone who could be a Thunder."

Seeing the wounds mostly, but not completely restored, she was relieved. A night's sleep would help address the rest. Hopefully. More could be done tomorrow if needed. "Jigoku was denied a kami, so it may have found the one thing we've relied on too much. I am glad you aren't afraid of my h... of Shinsei. You need to not be afraid." She had a hand over her mouth and cursed under her breath.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

She didn't miss that. Matsu moved, making sure the tent flap was closed, giving them a modicum of privacy.

"Your... what... Auntie?" She whispered, getting very close the monk.

"Is there something I need to know? Because after the thrashing I got, I am looking for revenge, but I can't risk that hurting someone I care for."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 pm
She didn't miss that. Matsu moved, making sure the tent flap was closed, giving them a modicum of privacy.

"Your... what... Auntie?" She whispered, getting very close the monk.

"Is there something I need to know? Because after the thrashing I got, I am looking for revenge, but I can't risk that hurting someone I care for."
She made a tch sound and closed her eyes. "I will not answer your question, Matsu. The moment you know for certain, then you know for certain, and that knowledge comes with a price." She twitched and clenched her fists. "But if you are forced to kill him, you would not hurt me. You would be killing something that has stolen his body. You would be doing him a service, if it must come to that. But not revenge. Not anger. Not fear. It must be what must be done."

"As for me... I will not let Jigoku have her. He would never forgive me."

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:20 pm
She made a tch sound and closed her eyes. "I will not answer your question, Matsu. The moment you know for certain, then you know for certain, and that knowledge comes with a price." She twitched and clenched her fists. "But if you are forced to kill him, you would not hurt me. You would be killing something that has stolen his body. You would be doing him a service, if it must come to that. But not revenge. Not anger. Not fear. It must be what must be done."

"As for me... I will not let Jigoku have her. He would never forgive me."
Matsu didn't press the issue. If Auntie Nozomi wanted to tell her, she would. But she also understood the reasoning for why she likely wouldn't answer. The Amazon respected the older woman.

"We won't let Jigoku take her. Pa wasn't going to let hell take Lord Hisomu, and I'm not gonna let hell take anyone or anything anymore. That foul place will starve to death, if I had to hold it's jaws shut for all eternity myself."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:12 pm
Matsu didn't press the issue. If Auntie Nozomi wanted to tell her, she would. But she also understood the reasoning for why she likely wouldn't answer. The Amazon respected the older woman.

"We won't let Jigoku take her. Pa wasn't going to let hell take Lord Hisomu, and I'm not gonna let hell take anyone or anything anymore. That foul place will starve to death, if I had to hold it's jaws shut for all eternity myself."
She breathed in a shudder of a breath. "You really are your father's daughter, Matsu. You really are." In every sense of the word, it was a complement. There was a good chance Matsu understood Nozomi's fear, and perhaps even caught a hint of what might have been the truth, but for Mayumi's sake, for the prophecy surrounding her's sake, she needed to keep it quiet. "Let us hope that he can still be saved. I doubt he will give up until the last breath." She just couldn't see him doing less.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"If he can be saved, then he will be. But I will do what I must, if needed, too." She gently placed a hand on Nozomi's. She wasn't dumb, and could read between the lines, but she also wasn't rude, unless she was pressed.

"I promise, Auntie. Hope springs eternal."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:09 pm
"If he can be saved, then he will be. But I will do what I must, if needed, too." She gently placed a hand on Nozomi's. She wasn't dumb, and could read between the lines, but she also wasn't rude, unless she was pressed.

"I promise, Auntie. Hope springs eternal."
"It does... and knowing that you would be there, that you would always be there, it helps me." She sighed sadly, head downcast. Her hand gripped Matsu's and she closed her eyes for a moment. "If he falls... it won't be him in the end, only his body. It's only a mortal shell. He would be gone already."