Chuchu

[D5MM] Gentle Touch of the Dreaming (healing + Name thread)

Post by Chuchu »

Chuchu gets up bright and early... well... she's not TOO happy about it, but she does, stretching and yawning before finding a place in the middle of the imperial camp to sit and start calling for people.

"Healing! Healing! Chuchu heal-healing!"

...though she stops and whispers into her hand her new Name, drawing down the power of her people to speak the human's tongue.

"Hello! I'm healing anyone who needs it today! If you're unwell in any way, please please stop by! If you want to be prepared for future healing or purification, please please stop by! Thank you!"

[D5EM] NAMEBOUND spell, Name Talent: Rokugani Language 4. 3 raises for 4 hours. | 8k5 ⇒ 52 (TN: 30) SUCCESS
11/12 spells left
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Akodo Kenji

Re: [D5MM] Gentle Touch of the Dreaming (healing + Name thread)

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji had slept late, but then fitful dreams had plagued his sleeping kept rest far away. He wasn't exactly sure what he had expected to find at this hour, but a tiny rat child yelling about healing wasn't exactly it. "I don't know abotu healing." He grumbled in response as he stretched to try and get his blood flowing.

"But if you have any strong tea I might take it. This cursed village gave me cursed dreams that kept me up half the night."

-- Kenji is Fatigued and cursed by Yumi-do
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am
"But if you have any strong tea I might take it. This cursed village gave me cursed dreams that kept me up half the night."
"Sorry sorry!" Chuchu cheeps, ears lowering. She wasn't trying to wake people up. "Sorry sorry... I don't make tea..." Still... the nezumi sniffs him, curious. "Do you want me to help? I can purify your Name of any corruption or pain."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"I'm not quite sure what healing a name is, but if you think I need it I suppose it couldn't hurt." Kenji offered with a shrug, could be it might help him feel a bit better at the least. He would of course need to try and find Lady Anjing later for tea, but that would have to wait.

"If you don't mind that is."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei came out of his tent, bleary-eyed and much later than normal for him. He blinked around, looked up and the sky, and mumbled something under his breath. Something very impolite.

He looked around, again, this time noting the Lion and the Nezumi. He gave a bow to each, and listened to what was boing said.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji nodded a polite greeting to the Isawa as he arrived on the scene. "Morning Isawa-san" He offered easily, before fixing his gaze back towards the ratling.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

".... Morning. Not much of one, but yeah, it's morning. Is this the bad dreams I was hearing about yesterday?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"Most likely." Kenji replied with a slight grimace. "I'd like to say you get used to it after the first few nights."

"But that's not exactly true."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"....lovely. What's happening here, if I might ask?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

"Heal-healing people," The shaman chirps. She's been... sniffing... Kenji. Very intently. The scent of fresh grass overwhelms her nose, and she rubs it.

"Okay!" Chuchu sits up to stretch, trying to wake herself up for what comes next.

[D5MM] Perception/Lore: Corruption + Nezumi Scent + Name point | 5k4 ⇒ 28 (TN: 30) FAILURE
Does not detect Curse of Yume-do (so close)

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji nodded. Perhaps it would help with his sleep? As it was, he was a bit distracted by the small ratlings whiskers and her sniffing. Did whiskers itch? He knew it itched when he tried to grow a beard so he couldn't help but wonder.

"As she said healing." He offered after a moment, eyes flicking to the Isawa. "I'm also on the lookout for tea. Bu that seems less likely." Some expletive deleted was attempt to raid their stores to provide a meal for a bunch of the villagers after all. Things would be thin very soon.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I have some tea leaves in my wagon, but most of it is the most basic of tea leaves, strong, not the best flavor. I can offer it for those that need it, but again, while it might wake you up, you might not be thankful for that. Or keep some sake nearby to wash your mouth out; which can negate the usefulness of the tea to start with." Traveling with supplies for a village of mostly farmers didn't cause one to have the high teas offered at Court.

He nodded again to the Nezumi. "Healing? Might I ask what from?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

"Could I have some tea, too?" Chuchu pauses to ask. She's curious to try what they've got!
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:27 am
"Healing? Might I ask what from?"
"The bad-bad dreams keeping you from resting well," The shaman answers. "Do you also require assistance?" As she asks this, the ratling pulls the dagger from her girdle to slice her palm, eyes shining as she looks up at Kenji. "Hm," She murmurs softly before raising a bloody hand to press against his forehead. In an instant the Lion feels... normal.

[D5MM] Name spell: Seek Name | 7k4 ⇒ 39 (TN: 24) SUCCESSFUL
Chuchu now knows Kenji's Name.

[D5MM] Name spell: Purify Name | 7k4 ⇒ 24 (TN: 15)
Fatigue removed!

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Poorly as I slept - I would love that!"

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"Thanks.. Chuchu wasn't it?" Kenji replied as he stepped to the side.

It was the Isawa's turn to get treated after all.