Anjing

Time Is The Littlest Teacher Of Them All [Day 5 ME - Expecting]

Post by Anjing »

Anjing stamps into the Imperial Camp on a mission, she'd already spoken to Hikaru about this but apparently that Sugri fellow had been involved.
Now, now she had to come and tell the outlander exactly what she thought of him.

Armed and armoured she continues through the tents until she finally approached her destination.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Sugri

Re: Time Is The Littlest Teacher Of Them All [Day 5 ME - Expecting]

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:24 am
Anjing stamps into the Imperial Camp on a mission, she'd already spoken to Hikaru about this but apparently that Sugri fellow had been involved.
Now, now she had to come and tell the outlander exactly what she thought of him.

Armed and armoured she continues through the tents until she finally approached her destination.
The Invindi, noting the approaching Crab, offers his unusual bow, "Ah, Anjing, I hope the evening find you well. Or at least well by the strange standards of the week..."
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:39 am

The Invindi, noting the approaching Crab, offers his unusual bow, "Ah, Anjing, I hope the evening find you well. Or at least well by the strange standards of the week..."
"Ah Sugri, just the man I was looking for. The evening is as well as it can be, as you say standards are rather different in the fog."
She offers a hand for a warrior's claps.

"I understand you fought alongside my niece yesterday, Satsuki, she would have been the one breathing literal and metaphorical fire.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:46 am
"Ah Sugri, just the man I was looking for. The evening is as well as it can be, as you say standards are rather different in the fog."
She offers a hand for a warrior's claps.

"I understand you fought alongside my niece yesterday, Satsuki, she would have been the one breathing literal and metaphorical fire.
He takes the offered hand in turn, "Ah, I would have guessed Ayako. But, yes, Satsuki as well. Both should be proud of how they fared."

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:05 am

He takes the offered hand in turn, "Ah, I would have guessed Ayako. But, yes, Satsuki as well. Both should be proud of how they fared."
She gives it a firm squeeze, nodding.

"Ha! Ayako is not much older than my grandchildren. She isn't close by blood, but she is one of my warriors and one of my people. She staggers back to our camp bearing all manner of wounds to make her report."

Anjing's nostrils flare slightly and the pride is evident in her voice. "Did her duty, kept you all safe. That one will go far I hope." Her expression turning a little wryly. "Yes Ayako is Hida's brother's girl, so we are not bound by blood. But she and her family have shown great kindness to mine and her fires burns bright, a little different to mine."

Anjing gestures to the camp path.
"Can I ask for some of your time? I would like to hear your perspective of what happened. Unlike anyone else there your opinion of Shinsei is more objective."
She turns to walk, grinning. "And I hear your shot him several times? How does it feel to commit blasphemy?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:10 am
She gives it a firm squeeze, nodding.

"Ha! Ayako is not much older than my grandchildren. She isn't close by blood, but she is one of my warriors and one of my people. She staggers back to our camp bearing all manner of wounds to make her report."

Anjing's nostrils flare slightly and the pride is evident in her voice. "Did her duty, kept you all safe. That one will go far I hope." Her expression turning a little wryly. "Yes Ayako is Hida's brother's girl, so we are not bound by blood. But she and her family have shown great kindness to mine and her fires burns bright, a little different to mine."

Anjing gestures to the camp path.
"Can I ask for some of your time? I would like to hear your perspective of what happened. Unlike anyone else there your opinion of Shinsei is more objective."
She turns to walk, grinning. "And I hear your shot him several times? How does it feel to commit blasphemy?"
He nods and falls into step beside her.

"Ayako will indeed if she can shake her self-doubt. But, as you say, she is young yet so that will hopefully come with time."

"I would not call it blasphemy even if I was a follower of his way. Were I seized by madness or, more likely, possession I would want others to prevent me from causing harm as well no matter the cost to me."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:17 am

He nods and falls into step beside her.

"Ayako will indeed if she can shake her self-doubt. But, as you say, she is young yet so that will hopefully come with time."

"I would not call it blasphemy even if I was a follower of his way. Were I seized by madness or, more likely, possession I would want others to prevent me from causing harm as well no matter the cost to me."
"She can be allowed a little self-doubt, from her perspective the land's wisest monk spent a few moments trying to rip her head off. Now, if you know he's a donkey it's not so bad. But Ayako found out the hard way."

Anjing leads them weaving through small clusters of armed warriors who patrol the camp.
"You're selfless then, it speaks highly of you. Some might feel not feel the same way." She pauses. "But they are fools. No matter his failings Shinsei has never been a violent man. It is a shame his weight lifting protocols were used for evil, that stone caused nothing but violence."

She drops her voice slightly. "Other than his attempts at violence do you recall anything else that might be a hint as to what happened? I understand he was possessed, do you have any idea as to what might have been behind it? Harbinger?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:23 am
"She can be allowed a little self-doubt, from her perspective the land's wisest monk spent a few moments trying to rip her head off. Now, if you know he's a donkey it's not so bad. But Ayako found out the hard way."

Anjing leads them weaving through small clusters of armed warriors who patrol the camp.
"You're selfless then, it speaks highly of you. Some might feel not feel the same way." She pauses. "But they are fools. No matter his failings Shinsei has never been a violent man. It is a shame his weight lifting protocols were used for evil, that stone caused nothing but violence."

She drops her voice slightly. "Other than his attempts at violence do you recall anything else that might be a hint as to what happened? I understand he was possessed, do you have any idea as to what might have been behind it? Harbinger?"
He scratches his chin, "Whatever it was it was intelligent and malevolent. It seemed like it was the first time it was experiencing his mind, body, and abilities." He considers, "I think I have heard that this Harbinger has worn a human body before? If so then it may not have been them. Perhaps it is the force that they serve."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:26 am

He scratches his chin, "Whatever it was it was intelligent and malevolent. It seemed like it was the first time it was experiencing his mind, body, and abilities." He considers, "I think I have heard that this Harbinger has worn a human body before? If so then it may not have been them. Perhaps it is the force that they serve."
Her eyebrows jump up. "Oh? Now that is fascinating. Yes, the Harbinger has worn many bodies, many women if I understand correctly. It doesn't sound like them at all. Perhaps another force, or even the Harbinger's beloved? Apparently its...lover is central to all of this."

Anjing looks a little sceptical.
"I can't imagine there's a lot of courtship in demon circles, but I am no expert of this. Was it getting stronger then, as you fought?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:53 am
Her eyebrows jump up. "Oh? Now that is fascinating. Yes, the Harbinger has worn many bodies, many women if I understand correctly. It doesn't sound like them at all. Perhaps another force, or even the Harbinger's beloved? Apparently its...lover is central to all of this."

Anjing looks a little sceptical.
"I can't imagine there's a lot of courtship in demon circles, but I am no expert of this. Was it getting stronger then, as you fought?"
"If these things care about gender and the Harbinger is a woman it would make sense for her 'beloved' to attempt to claim the most powerful man around as its host." He grimaces, "My own methods, focused in balance, draw upon the weakest point of my foe to lend me strength... I have never been more powerful than I was facing Shinsei. His weakest aspect surpasses my strongest and the strongest of any I have met so far*."

He shakes his head at the thought, "The demon within grew in power due to deciphering how to use Shinsei's talents and potential as the fight went on. Shinsei was fighting it, from within, but seemed limited in how much he could deny it or hold it back. If he was not I'm not certain we could have driven him off. If the demon gains full control it will be a dire foe indeed."

(*All traits at 5+)

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:31 am

"If these things care about gender and the Harbinger is a woman it would make sense for her 'beloved' to attempt to claim the most powerful man around as its host." He grimaces, "My own methods, focused in balance, draw upon the weakest point of my foe to lend me strength... I have never been more powerful than I was facing Shinsei. His weakest aspect surpasses my strongest and the strongest of any I have met so far*."

He shakes his head at the thought, "The demon within grew in power due to deciphering how to use Shinsei's talents and potential as the fight went on. Shinsei was fighting it, from within, but seemed limited in how much he could deny it or hold it back. If he was not I'm not certain we could have driven him off. If the demon gains full control it will be a dire foe indeed."

(*All traits at 5+)
Anjing whistles quietly as they reach the edge of the camp where the flickering torches fought desperately against the fog.

"That powerful huh?" With a slightly teasing tone. "Still couldn't bring him down huh? Well, there's always next time." Still, the thought of a Shinsei augmented by such a powerful demon was concerning.

"I tried to draw him out today, actually. Apparently he's hiding in the shrine guarded by the impenetrable fog. But thought I fear if he heard us his pride might have been mortally wounded there was no reaction, he must be waiting for the final confrontation."
Glancing at Sugri.
"Doubt you thought you were going to get so close to the story, hmmm?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:40 am
Anjing whistles quietly as they reach the edge of the camp where the flickering torches fought desperately against the fog.

"That powerful huh?" With a slightly teasing tone. "Still couldn't bring him down huh? Well, there's always next time." Still, the thought of a Shinsei augmented by such a powerful demon was concerning.

"I tried to draw him out today, actually. Apparently he's hiding in the shrine guarded by the impenetrable fog. But thought I fear if he heard us his pride might have been mortally wounded there was no reaction, he must be waiting for the final confrontation."
Glancing at Sugri.
"Doubt you thought you were going to get so close to the story, hmmm?"
Sugri nods, "His path led in that direction. I imagine the demon is licking its wounds for the moment."

"And, yes, I'm a little disappointed I never spoke to him prior. I managed to hear his talk about all that was to come and thought it better to wait until after to ask for his time. Now it seems likely I'll never get the chance."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:09 am

Sugri nods, "His path led in that direction. I imagine the demon is licking its wounds for the moment."

"And, yes, I'm a little disappointed I never spoke to him prior. I managed to hear his talk about all that was to come and thought it better to wait until after to ask for his time. Now it seems likely I'll never get the chance."
"I wouldn't say that. If the demon can go inside Shinsei then logically it must be able to leave again. And it can't stay inside him forever, not with so many of us putting our heads to it. Might have to-" She smacks a fist into her palm. "-persuade it first, but I bet an all jade diet would have that demon out in no-time."

She certainly sounds confident, nodding along to herself.
"Might need a bunch of jade, but Sora has enough. So keep your chin up. Imagine walking all this way just to stop now."
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:18 am

"I wouldn't say that. If the demon can go inside Shinsei then logically it must be able to leave again. And it can't stay inside him forever, not with so many of us putting our heads to it. Might have to-" She smacks a fist into her palm. "-persuade it first, but I bet an all jade diet would have that demon out in no-time."

She certainly sounds confident, nodding along to herself.
"Might need a bunch of jade, but Sora has enough. So keep your chin up. Imagine walking all this way just to stop now."
He chuckles, "Well I certainly would not wish to be on the receiving end of your ire. Woe to the demon if it does not yield."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:23 am

He chuckles, "Well I certainly would not wish to be on the receiving end of your ire. Woe to the demon if it does not yield."
She tapes her club meaningfully against her shoulder.
"Just so, just so. It nearly killed Ayako, and she's barely older than my grandchildren. I ain't done with it by a long site. Even if I don't quite know what it is, I know where it is."

Anjing looks back into the fog as if she could see the distant shrine through all the crowd.
"Seems like that's where it's going to all happen, in the temple, or maybe in dreams themselves, not sure. What do you reckon? You musta been getting strange dreams at least? Or are the spirits still ignoring you?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:39 pm
She tapes her club meaningfully against her shoulder.
"Just so, just so. It nearly killed Ayako, and she's barely older than my grandchildren. I ain't done with it by a long site. Even if I don't quite know what it is, I know where it is."

Anjing looks back into the fog as if she could see the distant shrine through all the crowd.
"Seems like that's where it's going to all happen, in the temple, or maybe in dreams themselves, not sure. What do you reckon? You musta been getting strange dreams at least? Or are the spirits still ignoring you?"
He ponders, "It's hard to say. I caught sight of one of the dream demons in my tent but was it there for me or were they going from dwelling to dwelling? It vanished as soon as it realized I had seen it so, to that extent at least, they can perceive me. It is not as if I was completely invisible to it whether or not it thought I was of interest."

He follows her gaze generally shrine-ward, "It definitely seems like that will be the epicenter of whatever happens. Though whether that is in this realm, that of dreams, or the two at once I do not know. Probably the latter, that seems messiest, and messy seems to be where things always end up."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:15 am

Snip
"Hey, buckup." She claps him on the shoulder. "I'm sure the demon had come hunting you and viewed you as a truly great threat it had to stop."
Anjing smiles, believe in the you the demons want to kill.

The shrine, or at least the idea of it continues to loom.
"You're right, hard to imagine it all coming down with nobody getting hurt. But only a couple days now, feeling the nerves?"
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:39 am
"Hey, buckup." She claps him on the shoulder. "I'm sure the demon had come hunting you and viewed you as a truly great threat it had to stop."
Anjing smiles, believe in the you the demons want to kill.

The shrine, or at least the idea of it continues to loom.
"You're right, hard to imagine it all coming down with nobody getting hurt. But only a couple days now, feeling the nerves?"
He can't help but laugh a little, there were certainly benefits to the Crab's philosophy.

"I'm not sure if nerves is quite the right term. I suppose that knowing one has lived lives before, even through dark times and fates, and will live more in the future, be it dark or bright, unless one perfects the self removes some of that worry for the present 'self'. While I acknowledge, and wish to avoid, the tortures that can be inflicted upon the temporal me they are, in the end, only temporal. The eternal me shall continue on no matter what may transpire in these days. But there is still, of course, a tension to see to it that I contribute as best I can to an outcome that favors the most for the longest time."

He considers this feeling, "Not nerves, no, but drive."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Sugri wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:07 am

Snip
"Using your nerves to drive yourself forward, sensible. But you would have to be a man of drive to come all this way."
She permits herself a quiet sigh.

"Eternal is such a timeframe, even a thousand years is barely the blink of any eye. Almost makes everything feel meaningless, almost."
Great Destiny

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Anjing wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:02 pm
"Using your nerves to drive yourself forward, sensible. But you would have to be a man of drive to come all this way."
She permits herself a quiet sigh.

"Eternal is such a timeframe, even a thousand years is barely the blink of any eye. Almost makes everything feel meaningless, almost."
"The time, itself, is without meaning. The meaning is found in how we use that time. The lives we live, the futures we shape, both for ourselves and for those who will come after. We may get many lives to live but the life of one mortal, one incarnation, can still shape the world for countless years to come. Not just in grand ways, like these Thunders they speak of, but in subtle ways that even the most humble may still shape." He laughs a little, "And those of us who fall somewhere in between those two extremes."